New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Lighting is nothing like Cloud. She's more like Squall. Saying that bitch is like Cloud is insulting.

It's insulting to Cloud or Lightning? :monster:

I don't really care for Lightning as I've never played FF13, so it's no competition, really. :awesome:

Aerti has been canon even before Lightning was conceptualized. Clack has been canon since FFI.

icameplz.gif

Read my comprehensive essay on this subject: http://aerticlackcanonwithpr0nz.com

:monster:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
All you did was switch Cloud out for menstrual female Squall

wat

:desu:

Light really reminds me of Squall, personality wise. But, just for kicks...

17710570-1.png

Vendel

Banned
I've been sitting on this one for a bit. But this has to be the most hilarious reply I have ever gotten in a discussion on the LT.

After laying out a very basic overview of the story (without even using names) I showed how SE is not very subtle at all in telling us C/T are the couple of FFVII.

The response?
your narrative logic is - in fact - logical, but it doesn´t really fit into the other FFs that have shown something else.
I don't think I have ever had a hardcore shipper tell me "yes you make sense, but disregard that". :lol:

And why should my logic be disregarded?

What about Yuna? She is actually like Cloud searching for a dear person to see her/him again. I mean, Square has killed him and they are a couple, though. Same with Maria and Edward from FFIV. It can be seen really romantically that a person loves someone so dearly even after she has passed. For Japanese literature, it´s very common to find that kind of story.
Also, what about the job classes, again?
We see main couples in FFIV, FFVI, FFVII (haha ;) ), FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and X-2, FFXII, FFXIII, and FF: Versus XIII.
Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Vaan, Snow and Noctis are shown as high physical fighters. They complement the heroine with their personality and their clothes.
Rosa, Celes, Aerith, Rinoa, Garnet, Yuna, Penelo, and Stella are shown as high magical fighters (mostly white mages, excluding Serah, who isn´t a fighter at all), being very feminine and affectionate to the hero.
Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, Snow and Noctis are shown wearing a dark type of clothes, mostly black. Zidane for example wears blue, but he complements with this Garnets yellow clothing. Tidus complements with his yellow-black Yunas blue-white clothing, too. The heroines are typically shown in white clothing, Rosa in white-gold, Celes in tope (alternatively white), Aerith in red-rosé, Rinoa in blue, Penelo in brown, Serah in white-rosé, and Stella in white.
Furthermore, we can always see a bright, optimistic and cheerful person (Rosa, Locke, Aerith, Rinoa, Zidane, Tidus, Vaan, Serah, and Stella) being in love with a more introvertet, shy and pessimistic person (Cecil, Celes, Cloud, Squall, Garnet, Yuna, Penelo, Snow and Noctis).
I think it´s hardly to deny that Aerith fits very well in this. Also, I think Cloud showing so much affection for Aerith indicates that he cares about her very much.

Ah now it makes sense........

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
OH YEAH?!

WELL CLOUD AND TIFA HAVE MATCHING BLACK GOTHY CLOTHES IN AC. HAH. BEAT THAT.

MATRIX CLOTI FTW.

:catfight:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
zidane is optimistic and dagger is not?

WHO THE FUCK SAID THIS SHIT AND HAVE THEY EVEN LOOKED AT A CASE OF FFIX? HOW CAN YOU GET LESS OPTIMISTIC THAN THINKING 'hey my mom is a good person she will stop killing people if i just talk to her!'

WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS FUCK

and how is snow not retarded optimistic, every ten seconds he's like IM THE HERO IM GONNA REVIVE SERAH AND WE'RE GONNA LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER FOREVER YEY

and penelo is not an introvert what the fuck, now they're just simplifying things so they can feel good that they must be right

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BEING LIKE 'I LOVE MY COUPLE THEIR DYNAMIC IS SO SPECIAL AND UNIQUE'

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
If I had to deal with Snow & Hope for 20+ hours I'd be a raging bitch too.

JUST SAYIN'

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
i actually thought that as a whole lightning was a better developed character than cloud

not that i don't love them equally but

anyone who's played the game and read the supplemental material and idk actually been around someone whose life is the military would understand that lightning is actually a really good character.

her design suffers because she looks so much like cloud but w/e

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
What about Yuna? She is actually like Cloud searching for a dear person to see her/him again.

Doesn't this comparison require an assumption of the C/A conclusion to be valid?
To say nothing of being undercut with Tifa and Yuna noting their similar promises and such in dissidia?

I mean, Square has killed him and they are a couple, though. Same with Maria and Edward from FFIV. It can be seen really romantically that a person loves someone so dearly even after she has passed. For Japanese literature, it´s very common to find that kind of story.

So's ending a love triangle with the death of one of the people. Why the hell doesn't that count?

We see main couples in FFIV, FFVI, FFVII (haha ), FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and X-2, FFXII, FFXIII, and FF: Versus XIII.
Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Vaan, Snow and Noctis are shown as high physical fighters.

I think someone's mistaken Cyan, Steiner and Auron for Locke, Zidane and Tidus, folks.

They complement the heroine with their personality and their clothes.

And yet, none of the hero's personalities are much like each other.

Rosa, Celes, Aerith, Rinoa, Garnet, Yuna, Penelo, and Stella are shown as high magical fighters (mostly white mages, excluding Serah, who isn´t a fighter at all), being very feminine and affectionate to the hero.

Once again, I find this does a terrible disservice to the distinctions of each character. Celes is a GENERAL in the army, one of your hardier party members. Rinoa has the highest natural STR growth in the game, and Rosa can do more damage than Edge with the right equipment. And that's just talking 'High magical fighters,' without getting into the personality distinctions of each character which I could go on about for ages.

Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, Snow and Noctis are shown wearing a dark type of clothes, mostly black.

IOW- I've never played beyond the very start of FFIV and have no clue about the plot. Cecil wears white for most of FFIV and all of TAY. Also, snow wears a big white coat, you dumbass.

Zidane for example wears blue, but he complements with this Garnets yellow clothing.

Tidus complements with his yellow-black Yunas blue-white clothing, too. The heroines are typically shown in white clothing, Rosa in white-gold, Celes in tope (alternatively white), Aerith in red-rosé, Rinoa in blue, Penelo in brown, Serah in white-rosé, and Stella in white.

Apart from the Color theory fail, failing to realize Tifa wears white in her original outfit, and somehow getting Rosa in Gold... Am I the only one who finds it amusing that they're trying to use a game that isn't out as proof? Seriously, for all we know, Noctis and Stella aren't going to end up together.

Furthermore, we can always see a bright, optimistic and cheerful person (Rosa, Locke, Aerith, Rinoa, Zidane, Tidus, Vaan, Serah, and Stella) being in love with a more introvertet, shy and pessimistic person (Cecil, Celes, Cloud, Squall, Garnet, Yuna, Penelo, Snow and Noctis).

Garnet, Yuna, Penelo, pessimistic? Tifa pessimistic by implication? Protecting the the hypothesis by changing the data points, tsk tsk.

I think it´s hardly to deny that Aerith fits very well in this. Also, I think Cloud showing so much affection for Aerith indicates that he cares about her very much.

When you oversimplify and fiddle with the data set, it's not hard to make things fit.
And Tifa STILL fits in the nonsense data set just as well as the other girls.

I am amused at how this person thinks arbitrary game mechanic patterns that aren't even true trump narrative. I really am.

Oh, and Lightning IS a lot like Cloud and Squall, in that all three try and hide themselves behind a facade to protect either themselves or others. Not so much in other ways.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I don't really buy the Squall comparison because he just seemed like one of those overly dramatic teenagers who needed to write a sad poem in his journal and move on.

Lightning had legit reason to be a hardass.

Splintered

unsavory tart
If Squall actually went and punched Rinoa, then maybe I would have liked him more.

I'm in the "Lightning is different from Cloud and Swuall" camp. They are a slice from the same archetype, but after that, they differ too much.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
What about Yuna? She is actually like Cloud searching for a dear person to see her/him again. I mean, Square has killed him and they are a couple, though. Same with Maria and Edward from FFIV. It can be seen really romantically that a person loves someone so dearly even after she has passed. For Japanese literature, it´s very common to find that kind of story.
We see main couples in FFIV, FFVI, FFVII (haha ), FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and X-2, FFXII, FFXIII, and FF: Versus XIII.
Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Vaan, Snow and Noctis are shown as high physical fighters. They complement the heroine with their personality and their clothes.
Cecil, Locke, Cloud, Squall, Snow and Noctis are shown wearing a dark type of clothes, mostly black. Zidane for example wears blue, but he complements with this Garnets yellow clothing. Tidus complements with his yellow-black Yunas blue-white clothing, too. The heroines are typically shown in white clothing, Rosa in white-gold, Celes in tope (alternatively white), Aerith in red-rosé, Rinoa in blue, Penelo in brown, Serah in white-rosé, and Stella in white.

This is why you shouldn't try to spark debates with just anyone, anywhere, Venderu.

You only get stupid answers that deserves facepalms and headdesks. :monster:

...then again, I enjoy how you send us the quotes for the lulz. :awesome: Keep it up.

Vendel

Banned
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that they're trying to use a game that isn't out as proof? Seriously, for all we know, Noctis and Stella aren't going to end up together.

No you are not the only one. I also find it funny that this person used Serah while admitting she isn't a fighter.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Apparently, I am the only one here who thinks that Stella will be the antagonist... *feels ronery* :sadpanda:

As for the whole Lightning thing. I never thought of her similar to either Cloud nor Squall in terms of personality. She just has the looks. When I ship TifaxLightning, I never think of it as similar to CloTi.

That being said, Cloud >>>>>> Lightining any day for me. :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Apparently, I am the only one here who thinks that Stella will be the antagonist... *feels ronery* :sadpanda:

I'm not sure she's the antagonist, but she's not a protaganist. She looks like she might shape up to be a wild element. A plot monkey, as it were.

As for the whole Lightning thing. I never thought of her similar to either Cloud nor Squall in terms of personality. She just has the looks. When I ship TifaxLightning, I never think of it as similar to CloTi.

That being said, Cloud >>>>>> Lightining any day for me. :monster:

Well, I find Lightning falls into the same lineage of protaganist as Cecil, Celes, Cloud, Squall, etc, in that she has a military background from a young age. But she doesn't have much in common with them apart from that, her taciturn facade, and her general laconic nature.
Part of XIII's failings, I think, are keeping up her 'grr tough' facade for too long, so that it actually got in the way of bringing out more of her character.

Addendum: Zee, Squall had a reason for his behavior as well. His abandonment issues which cause him to push people away so he never makes any lasting friendships so he never has to face the pain of being left by someone he cared about like what happened with his stepsister.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Part of XIII's failings, I think, are keeping up her 'grr tough' facade for too long, so that it actually got in the way of bringing out more of her character

Except her 'grr tough' thing isn't really a facade, she's a military woman. She was projecting her anger in the wrong places, sure, but that's not really the same thing. Also, everyone kinda gets out their issues around the same point in the game, so I didn't find her character arc any more dragged out than anyone else's.

Addendum: Zee, Squall had a reason for his behavior as well. His abandonment issues which cause him to push people away so he never makes any lasting friendships so he never has to face the pain of being left by someone he cared about like what happened with his stepsister.

what a whiner :awesome:

but srsly ffviii had terrible character development i cba

Apparently, I am the only one here who thinks that Stella will be the antagonist... *feels ronery*

I think this would be awesome.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
If I had to deal with Snow & Hope for 20+ hours I'd be a raging bitch too.

JUST SAYIN'

Good point.

Actually, Lightning just punched Snow. I would have possibly ended his life Sephiroth style. :muhaha:

Dude, I totally think Stella is the antagonist! And people, for all we know, she could be Noctis' long lost sister! D: Yet people are pairing them up already...

Like what happened with Snow and Lightning...:awesome:

Yep...that went swell.

Lightning is definitely her own gal. But she does have similar characteristics to the FF boys. But their stories are different. That being said, I prefer Lightning over Squall; at least she never got corny/mooshy/lovey dovey. :awesome:

Until Dissidia, when she met Tifa/Aerith. :wackymonster:
On a side note, am I the only one who fell off her chair laughing at the clothing comparisons? I just...

It's so...

:serious?:

Splintered

unsavory tart
Apparently, I am the only one here who thinks that Stella will be the antagonist... *feels ronery*
This is what I got out of it too. Doesn't she pull a sword on Noctis?

Part of XIII's failings, I think, are keeping up her 'grr tough' facade for too long, so that it actually got in the way of bringing out more of her character.
The thing with the tough facade, is that she is tough. She's just also got a motherly/fatherly streak in her. Which explains why she would hate Snow, would you want that shithead dating your daughter. :monster:

I think that the difference between Lightning and Squall is that she's more driven by anger unlike Squall who is motivated because that's just what he does. She's not like Barret by any means, but throughout the entire first part of the game she's legit sick and tired of all the shit she's been put through- and because of it she decides to go break shit. She follows through with her military-straightforward bad assery, but it's still her being genuinely pissed about the things happening around her.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Ava said:
Dude, I totally think Stella is the antagonist! And people, for all we know, she could be Noctis' long lost sister! D: Yet people are pairing them up already...

Notcis does not seem to have one female in his little party. I think they are trying to tell us something :awesome:

But yeah, from the rumors it sounds like they plan to go about Notcis & Stella's relationship differently -- it might even be more complicated than straight up protagonist vs. antagonist, who knows.

Also, people pair Noctis/Lightning. Nothing surprises me. then again i love aerith/light, so who the hell am i to talk

On a side note, am I the only one who fell off her chair laughing at the clothing comparisons? I just...

Ugh, it sucks cause I love fashion and I love video games, so some discussions about their clothing could be awesome -- inspirations, styles, and yes, even color choices and what they mean for the character (see also Color Coded for Your Convince) except it's all completely shallow half-thought nonsense used in shipping wars.

thepromisedland

Lv. 1 Adventurer
UHM.

I think cleris is the canon couple of FFVII. Actually, I KNOW it is, without a doubt. You people who are raving about cloti are just a little bit..uh..:loopy: for shipping such an awful pairing, no offense.
There is SO much evidence that points to cloud x aeris, So much. I dont seem to recall there ever being an amano art for cloti. HM. How many did cleris get though? was it 5? or more.
All this talk about the highwind scene....just...what :lol: nothing HAPPENED, you guys. Stop getting all hot and bothered and take a chill pill, will you?
Cloud and tifa thought they where going to die the next day...I can so see them banging eachother with all that going on.....:awesome: LOLJK.
so..uh. Stop embarrasssing yourselves, please. xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom