Nintendo Switch (NX)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If you like Musou games at all, I highly recommend Fire Emblem Warriors.

In general, I also recommend Golf Story.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
every time i have the means to get one and think to myself, 'you know, you've earned yourself a switch' it's a lie and i've done nothing to deserve it

it always seems to be when there's a global stock shortage on switches and you can only get them from resellers price gouging

but there's switch lites everywhere so maybe i will just get that

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so i ordered a switch lite, but then decided that i should wait for the original model to get back in stock so i cancelled it

but now i'm like, actually maybe i should just get a lite because i cba having to be super vigilant for them being back in stock online before someone else get them all. but also, having the two modes would be nice (and i want the brain training game which needs a regular switch to fully work) and i could sell/gift the lite later when there are regular switches in the world again

but also maybe i shouldn't buy one right now

or should i

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
should i now buy full priced animal crossing, even though i've never played one before so don't know if i'll even like it

or should i just get another copy of ffvii

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
should i now buy full priced animal crossing, even though i've never played one before so don't know if i'll even like it

or should i just get another copy of ffvii
Well, it depends - what kind of experience would you want to get out of / expect from AC?
(Damn, usually when I type AC, I think Advent Children)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just see people going around catching spiders and decorating a little house and complaining about smug villagers and i want that :sadpanda:

i might download and try out the phone app, even though i heard it wasn't great/lots of annoying microtransaction stuff

or i could get the 3ds one which is cheaper now, but that means playing on my 3ds with the broken hinge and if you don't hold it right the screen falls off

also it's annoying that you can't use foreign credit/debit cards on the e shop because the japanese store has more picross games and a new mojipittan. you could do it on the 3ds so now i have to use the 3ds store to add funds to buy stuff on the switch. which is a hassle.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Don't bother with the mobile version. I thought Animal Crossing would lend itself well to mobile, but it contains maybe 1/10th of the charm of the actual mainline games. I gave it up after about a week. If you were gonna start with the series, I would say go ahead and just get the newest one.

Honestly every time I hear someone talking about playing it, I get a big pang of fomo :sadpanda: it's a very quiet, relaxing game time. perfect for those quarantine blues.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/09c...RSGn-iIoFCk0g4hTVqeOlMO5rCmA1:reward_list:1:3

i want this heckin bad but only have 320 points

but it looks like you can get points from nintendo mobile apps, including 300 for just linking your nintendo account

and i really want that zelda picross so i guess i am downloading some apps

also it took me ages to set up my switch account because every time it asked for details i was putting in my 3ds ones thinking they were the name. yet it's not. i thought it'd be like the psn accounts (which i've used on 4 different consoles, same account). why do i need a separate account for each console lol

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i got my zelda picross thanks to the animal crossing app

also me and my eagle bro have matching shirts and pants but i only had one set and i didn't realise i need two for us both to wear them. so i have this pink shirt but my pants match

IMG_1507.jpg

if this eagle is in the switch one i will buy it tonight

(there's an offer where you can get two game downloads for a discounted price but you need to have nintendo online. but i might try that and get animal crossing and bayonetta 2)

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I think that's Apollo and he is in New Horizons. You can buy his amiibo card to get him to visit your campsite once it has been built on your island. Inviting him 3 separate times along with making whatever he requests each visit should allow you to ask him to live on your island.

Edit: I checked the pricing on Apollo's amiibo card, and it is way too high. You can make your own amiibo or buy one way cheaper on Etsy.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I had Apollo in my New Leaf village too! He is definitely in the new one :)

I think you can ask around on Animal Crossing communities (reddit maybe?) and see if anyone wants to get rid of him from their village. There's like 400 villagers tho, so many to fall in love with via luck of the draw :)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have a switch lite and while i have some extra money was considering getting a regular one and i guess i am glad now i haven’t

knowing my luck by the time that comes out i won’t have money anymore and it’ll just be me and my lite

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Question for you tech people...

Considering this new boost and DLSS capability...could VIIR run on this new switch?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That's it? It just has an OLED screen now? lol

I'm not even gonna use it as a handheld so this means nothing to me :wacky:

Reactions: Lex
Top Bottom