• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Nintendo Switch (NX)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
what is the tl;dw on that video, what's the argument? (i don't actually know if it's too long, i just can't watch it right now)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
tl;dr: The argument is that the Switch is not meant to be competition to home consoles but rather the PS Vita because allegedly the Vita runs circles around the 3DS in Japan because Japanese like their pretty graphics in handheld gaming and the Switch is the most powerful handheld device.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i went to check famitsu's sales ranking for this week and like 15 games for the 3ds out of a chart of 30 titles. the vita had two. saga scarlet grace might count as pretty graphics if the style is to your taste, but the other one (the highest ranking vita game at number 5) is minecraft. which isn't exactly a graphical powerhouse.

in contrast, the number one this week is the 3ds mario maker. it's sold more since december last year than the vita minecraft has since march 2015. the estimated hardware sales puts the vita at around half of the new 3ds, and just above the 2ds.

i would love for the vita to get more than attention than gal games and cross-platform ps4 games, but i am highly suspicious of these arguments

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-20-nintendo-switch-wont-have-any-video-apps-at-launch

So for like 300$ you basically get a Zelda machine. Ok.
Like wtf Nintendo. Your gonna sell me a hunk of plastic that can't even play Youtube videos? I'm pretty sure my Printer can do that now a days.

Where is the 300$ first year value. I don't see it at all.

I don't think I've ever been more intrigued by a console only to have all that hype and intrigue be so easily destroyed.

Their teaser for the Switch was so good. Almost day 1 buy for me.

Their presentation and trainwreck afterward relegated the Switch to the "Maybe I'll get it in 2 years" territory.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
making the Nintendo Switch system an amazing dedicated video game platform
then maybe give it more internal storage and a proper 'online subscription with free games' bonus and better third party support and maybe not so much games about milking invisible cow tits

i'm pretty sure having a netflix app wouldn't kill you but maybe with 32gb it might

32gb

in the year of our lord 2017

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
The Switch wont be shipping with a web browser at launch.

I know it just seems like needless bitching but at this point it's just another thing that other consoles have that this doesn't. I mean it's basically a tablet, you would think having the novel feature of being able to browse the web on a conveniently sized screen that happens to be mobile would be a dead give away as far as launch apps goes.

So like 3 hour life time, doesn't have youtube or other apps, doesn't have a browser and it's killer apps are a Wii U port. Sonic 06 I mean Mario Odyssey and future bargain bin gimmick games?. What's the point of taking this over my tablet when going somewhere again?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
look at your choices nintendo

look at them and then do the opposite of them because they are terrible

is an internet browser really that much trouble

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Nintendo ripped off the Switch design from Cowboy Beboop o.0.
C4ZtrdTWIAAjHBW.jpg

C4ZtrddWEAIwdaN.jpg

C4ZtrdMWcAYwHlY.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
SUE THEM

actually nvm, the cowboy wossname version is inferior, I mean look at that tiny fucking screen with just a blob on it and wtf is that a physical flick button thingy on there?

I mean I don't mind that kind of switch and I want it on everything but rly.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Just pre-ordered a Switch today. I had a £50 amazon gift card from christmas. So excited for Zelda.

I want Switch to do well and get more 3rd party support. SE should have announced a Kingdom Hearts collection for it. That seems like a perfect fit.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
lol users are reporting that the dock scratches the screen, and the heat emitted from the Dock is peeling away protective screens they bought.

Feels bad. Will definitely hold off and wait till a later version comes out.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm also reading somewhere that there's performance drop and input lag when the device is docked. Zelda often only getting 20 fps or so.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

The list of things Nintendo suggests not having near your switch. Holy shit. My TV is a wireless access point what do ._.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
As ever, it's hard to know how many people are affected by those problems. A lot of people seem happy with their consoles.

For me, it's the same dilemma I've had with every Nintendo console since the N64 (or the DS Lite if we include handhelds): there are games I want on a console I don't. :sigh:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
^This

Breath of the Wild is probably the only Switch game I will ever be interested in playing. I don't want to buy a console for just one game. :/

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I said that too before.

And then I bought a PSP just for Crisis Core :wacky:
Which in the end I found more games for it, and also bought it off my cousin for a good price, so yeah :monster:

I would absolutely love to play Breath of the Wild, but I don't think I'll have a chance to for a couple years. I bought a PS4 last year, that's my new console and I ain't getting another for a while.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Breath of the Wild looks interesting and I have no doub that it´s a good game but the current lackluster launch lineup, lack of significant 3rd party support for 2017 and the overall dry 2017 of games releasing makes it hard for me to have any kind of interest in the machine at the moment.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have never played a zelda game but am interested in botw but not really anything else so far

i know someone who was planning to get one so maybe she will get it and botw and bring it somewhere i can play it in portable mode :sadpanda:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think / hope Nintendo will release a 'v2' of the Switch next year, addressing most issues. The core device itself is a tablet, most tablet manufacturers release an update or a major revision every year. Nintendo does regular-ish revisions of their portable devices. This thing is somewhere in between, but I think/hope they'll go for the annual refresh strategy. As for the gaem, it's also out for the Wii, which should be available for cheap both new and used so if you really want it. They did the same thing with that other zelda game which was out for both Gamecube and Wii. I think I played it on an emulator for a bit. never finished it though.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
inb4 Switch Lite, Switchi, 3Switch and New Switch. :P

Okay, not really... except New Switch; I could see them doing that if they continue to insist on dumb names for hardware updates.

Top Bottom