On the Way to a Smile Audiobooks

Pixel

The Pixie King
Its still not finished. I can probably get part 3 up on youtube in the morning. Just sorting out some sound effects and music. Part 4 is pretty straight forward, just need time to mix it properly, then I can put out the full mp3 :D

Part3 is up

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Hello! Just checking in to see how the progress with Case of Shinra is going. Can I hope for a part 2 soon? Loved the first part (especially the artwork) and appreciate your work!

Lex

Administrator
Someone who follows us on Twitter just posted this:

3C202BCA-C008-4EAB-A68C-1BE90A3E803F_zpsjykozodi.jpg

Which is awesome. Was it someone here? I sent a direct reply saying that it was awesome :D

Pixel

The Pixie King
Whats their twitter handle?

I was going to burn them on a load of discs and hand them out at a convention here. But the the old cba kick in.

Foxhound_Veteran

Rookie Adventurer
Still waiting in anticipation for A Case of Shinra. Is there any progress concerning the recasting of Reno?

A christmas release would be awesome, but as it stands I guess that is pretty unlikely?

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think if Im going to finish Shinra, I might have to do the few missing Reno lines myself. The only people who can do the voice wont get back to me, even when I offer payment, so i give up. It might sound kinda weird, but I can try.

Foxhound_Veteran

Rookie Adventurer
That indeed sounds troublesome. This is to a large extent your production and I can understand the frustration that comes with the inconsistency of when people actually deliver. One might think that people should get a little more free-time on their hands to reach back to you during christmas and new years but no guarrantee there.

If you still can not manage to get hold of them during this time of the year, then recording yourself might be the second best option.

Xebiahan

神羅职工
AKA
Daison
That's amazing!!

Actually I never read the official OTWTAS Japanese version before and I think the translation version I read might be not accurate......so I've found something new from the Audiobook.
Really moved and grateful......

Foxhound_Veteran

Rookie Adventurer
I second that, fancy the artwork that you produce for each of these audiobooks.

Pixel, I would like to request an upload of the artwork produced for each audiobook without the "Case of" titles and TLS stamp if possible? Have been thinking of putting together an audiobook case with all of the audiobooks compiled to have on the shelf, sitting next to the game. Having the artwork pictures without text would make it easier to do inserts or CD labels :)

Lex

Administrator
While this is up to Pixel since he created it, I feel pretty strongly that the TLS stamp should remain on such a thing for obvious reasons.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I need to catch up on all these audio books. That sounds like a good way to spend me afternoons when I have to keep an eye on my toddler but am sick of watching the same 5 episodes of Spongebob Squarepants, lol.

The production quality of the first one I listened to is astounding, as I expected, so I need to continue with this.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Ugh unless a miracle happens, CoS is gonna be ready tomorrow. I knew I'd regret making an announcement.

I tried getting someone to complete Reno's lines, and he did some, then became really unreliable. In the meantime I contacted the original guy, after leaving me waiting for 2 years and not responding to emails. And he actually responded and agreed to do it. Here I am 3 days after the deadline I set, not really any further along than I was.

I hate people.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Ugh unless a miracle happens, CoS is gonna be ready tomorrow. I knew I'd regret making an announcement.

I tried getting someone to complete Reno's lines, and he did some, then became really unreliable. In the meantime I contacted the original guy, after leaving me waiting for 2 years and not responding to emails. And he actually responded and agreed to do it. Here I am 3 days after the deadline I set, not really any further along than I was.

I hate people.

Um, if you're in a pinch and need somebody to do some emergency lines, I could do a reading of the lines you need and have them sent to you by no later than noon EDT (depending upon how many lines there are). I have a Yeti hookup and Claymore can vouch for my punctuality.

Pixel

The Pixie King
It's ok, it needs to be a very specific voice and line reading. I'll just have to postpone and hope he comes through

The replacement lines I got sound kinda weird

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Hey, look on the bright side. You're postponing for a couple of days, not 10 years like certain game developers we know :monster:

Top Bottom