Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Not everyone is here. There's still no Turks unfortunately and I really want to see Reno again! Sadly that won't happen.

I'm surprised this game is having Reynn and Lann in it too.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well, it certainly surprised me because I didn't even think that Lann and Reynn were gonna be in this game, given that they're in a seperate Universe of FF and Dissidia Opera Omnia is a seperate universe itself. Come to think of it, I was surprised that they're releasing a remix of WoFF with Zack and Serah in it.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Freya is the Chapter character, not the event one. Looks like she's the only new character for that chapter.
DoGuqEvU8AAcVci.jpg:large

As for global, you've now got story tokens to spend on 4 15cp weapons for story only characters, with a limit of one copy of each weapon. It's only available for 30 days though. The order of events is as follows:

Sephiroth
Lenna
Cid
Rydia

Kefka seems to have been skipped completely for some reason.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Freya!! So excited.

Honestly, as a casual (read: mobile) player of this game, it has almost too much customization. Every time I play I get a mountain of gil and a bunch of upgrade gems that I don’t quite know to use. Character enhancements are pretty straightforward, I just prioritize my faves and do the Cycle Events to get more crystals, but the weapon/armour enhancement mechanic is way too complex for me. Early on I gave Cloud an axe, because it was better than his sword, but should I upgrade the axe? I‘d rather wait and get a cool sword, but how do I do that? Should I try and get those fancy 5-star things with Draw Tokens? How often will I get those? Can I create something cooler by upgrading normal weapons? The game is unclear.

Moreover, do the weapon and armour system(s) even affect gameplay? As long as I upgrade the characters’ strength I can complete any normal quest on auto-battle, and for high-level events I just bring someone whom I’m following who is higher level than me (my friend’s level 50 Kuja is basically a summon creature lol).

To be fair, I’m on Chapter 4. My faves (Tifa, Squall, Vivi, Maria, Cloud, Cecil, Kain, Yuffie, Zidane, Terra, Quistis, and Edge) are all Lv. 20-25 with Strength enhanced 5-10. I haven’t touched weapon or armour enhancements since first starting the game and it’s a cakewalk. Is there a difficulty spike forthcoming that I don’t know about? Or can I just throw these gems on whatever I’m using?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^That's what happened to be on Brave Exvius. There was too much upgrading crap to keep track of, and I finally just checked out.

I started running into legitimate resistance (and started upgrading stuff) at the end of Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. But I hadn't really discovered the Lost Chapters until that point, so you may be ahead of where I was :P

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Gold Weapons are very, very important. In addition to having the best stats, they augment the skills of one specific character. This turns a skill from okay to great and sometimes to even OP. So do spend your gems on the banners. Ideally you want to find a character with good skills, save up lots of gems (at least 5k) and then spend them on the banner. You'll want to do the draw that draws 10+1 as that's at least one guarantied Gold Weapon. You can hoard Draw Tickets too, but those are a lot more random. I'd spend those whenever you get them.

Example: I was playing when the Aerith event was going on and she's got great skills that are really felxable. So I did a bunch of 10+1 draws and got three copies of her 15cp Gold Weapon and 1 copy of her 35cp Gold Weapon. That's really, really good.

Weapons/Armor is probably the easiest part of the upgrade process for me. All you're really doing is leveling up equipment to make their stats better by consuming other weapons/armor and orbs. However, all equipment has a level cap. You can only raise the level cap by Limit Breaking it. This involves using up to 3 other copies of the same weapon/armor as upgrade material.

Limit Breaking is most important for Gold Weapons/Armor. You'll notice that Gold Weapons/Armor have Affinity Abilities that give specific characters extra stats or augment their skills. When Gold Weapons/Armor is Limit Broken the maximum amount of times and leveled all the way up, the Affinity Abilitiy is turned into a permanent passive ability for that character. So you can have Affinity Abilities from both weapons on a character at the same time.

Example: I fully Limit Broke and leveled Aeirth's 15cp weapon. So now the Affinity Ability for that weapon is on Aerith's passive ability list even when I have her 35cp weapon equipped. So both of her skills are augmented at the same time. I can then give her fully upgraded 15cp weapon to another character so they can benefit from the OP stats on it.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
You're better off using weapons/armor with affinity on the right character. You can check who it's for by long pressing on it. Affinity grants a bonus for who it's for, usually for attack, initial bravery and max bravery. Metal Knuckle (VII) works better on Tifa than it would on Zell for example. You can combine 4* weapons until they become 5*, but they won't be as strong as a natural 5*.

The 15cp ones aren't as strong as the 35cp ones, and the affinity abilities aren't as good, but they are better than 4*. I didn't realise this until recently, but enemies are weak to certain weapon types - Short range, Long range and Magic. You can check by holding onto that enemy in battle. A 5000 gem pull will guarantee you one 5* each time. You can check the probability of each item in the pool on the draw screen.

It's important that you merge and of your extra 15cp and 35cp weapons until they are major limit broken and fully leveled, you get to keep their affinity ability as a passive.

As for crystals it's very important that they get leveled up, as they grant stat boosts, new abilities and new uses. New passive abilities can be gained through the World of Illusions trials.

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
So around Chapter 7 this game starts to really buck you if you aren't keeping your equipment upgraded and your characters enhanced. I really had to stop and figure out what the hell I was doing with equipment, and saw my character's power increase dramatically once I spent the 20 minutes or whatever to tell my guard orbs from my monster horns.

And now, I'm finding that I enjoy this mobile title more than I enjoy playing FFX. The scenes are just as dumb but I can decide on the pace because they're text-based! Good god have I missed text-based stories. And a few times per chapter there's a really satisfying piece of character interaction. Recently, there was a moment when Zidane tried to flirt with Yuffie, but she cut him off by racing him to the treasure. That's exactly what I want from my bad cross-over fanfiction ^_^

The battles are fast-paced, fun, and beautiful. Trying to defeat enemies in as few turns as possible while taking no Breaks is a puzzle only turn-based jrpg combat can provide, which is what inspired the comparison with FFX. It's not just that, though -- this game also boasts the quickest battle transitions since FF bloody VI.

Definitely enjoying my honeymoon period with this game rn. I'm still absolutely drowning in gil, what do I even spend this shit on? I've found a couple of ways to spend my piles of diamonds: loot crates, and revivification when I get KO'd on high level events.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer

Ite

AKA
Ite
The changes since the patch are cool! I haven’t been playing long enough to need the extended level cap, so it’s a bit of a disappointment for me. I’m always booted out of co-op missions :(

Glad the non-story modes have been removed from the world map, it’s much cleaner now.

Oh and I discovered that Gil is expended whenever you upgrade your equipment, and that’s it. Kind of a useless additional cost, since I run out of orbs constantly but my wallet always has between 500k-1m Gil, which is why I didn’t notice it before.

Ite

AKA
Ite
I just started Chapter 10. Am I not going to be able to continue? Some of the character events say "you should finish Chapter 11 before attempting this" or some such. Would be a shame if I couldn't do what the game is recommending I do.

Oh also I've been making a character acquisition guide, because of course I am. Once I'm totally caught up I'll share it.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
The events and lost chapters only say that line because the story characters and plot appear in them. It would be weird for people that could see Fuujin and Raijin in one when you haven't unlocked them in chapter 10 yet.

It's just warning you that you could get spoiled for the chapters.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Yes indeed, I was quite heavily spoiled getting characters through events. It would be a shame if global players could be spoiled for Ch. 11 and beyond because events that come "after" it are available (for instance, "Space Dreams" recommends Ch. 11, even though realistically you won't be spoiled for anything post Ch. 9...)

Actually, it might be simpler just to post my WiP character guide. Warning: it's under construction:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M18wcQZOCIJcIP23DKXu-c5HGtoTEO71G1Udcob8p-I/edit?usp=sharing

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Chapter 11 will be available in GL from tomorrow, so you can recruit Jecht, Lilisette and Yuri. Banner drop rates change from then as well, giving you a 10% chance of getting a 5* weapon as opposed to 5%. The rate for 3* has been dropped as well. This will only affect NEW banners from tomorrow onwards, so any that are already up now will continue to use the old rates.

The second batch of awakenings will be available, and lost chapters from now will have them available for that character.

EX weapons are coming soon as well, they'll add an extra ability to the character you get it for.

In JP Cinque is next:

Last edited:

Ite

AKA
Ite
Whoa MAJOR changes to the global app today.

-As ultima espio said, Chapter 11 is now available.
-Draw percentage is now 60% bronze, 30% silver, 10% gold.
-They've removed Try limits from cycle quests which means you can farm the crystal-of-the-day an unlimited amount (I have about 999 of each crystal but the cycle quests tend to give you mondo XP so I still grind using 'em). This kind of makes Cycle Quest Keys irrelevant, unless you're just insanely impatient.
-Bahamut has been introduced as a summon (no Trials for him yet)
-Lost Chapter: "He Who Sings of Love" introduces another FFXIV character (white-haired guy? haven't done it yet)

(also they've finally removed emo-Cloud from the app thumbnail and replaced him with Mog woot)
This game is still the dopest thing Square-Enix is currently doing.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Sorry for the newb question but how do you get to Chapter 11? I finished Ch. 10 but don't see any gateway, maybe I'm just missing where it is? Or is it some other way? Help is appreciated!

Edit: it’s released as an event (it times out in about 2 weeks? Huh)

More changes:

-Cloud’s first EX Weapon is the Force Stealer, looking much less like a penis than in FF7, and giving him the Meteorain ability. Okayyyy I will probably have to spend all my gems trying to get this one!

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Here's the global schedule from now until new year. The only new character we'll get is Alisaie in mid december, but we'll get Snow and Krile's lost chapter. awakening and artifact dungeons. There's also a christmas festival:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/9ze5kd
At some point we should be getting the weapon token shop back to be able to buy 15 and 35cp weapons, but no idea when that comes. JP also got an update a while ago that increased crystal amounts to 9999 instead of 999.

Also for chapter 11 to unlock you have to have obtained Ace, Sabin and Seymour first.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Seymour :( there goes my “no villains in the party” policy.

Top Bottom