Pacific Rim

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
When I saw this thread active again, I was genuinely terrified that the movie had been cancelled.

The characters from the first one are still gonna be in it right? Cause I want more Mako.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
fn1cariaz7b6hfnn3vht.png

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/828817860013154305

Official image!!

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I am amazed there have not been any posts in here, :monster:

I just watched it, the action was pretty awesome. Story was passable,
ending felt a bit err, idk, anticlimatic? In a way? Or just not following the common tropes of the good guys being defeated but finding new powers through the power of love or some shit.

It's also pretty clear that this movie's heavily betting on Chinese sales, and they're not even being subtle about it anymore. Can't blame them either, it's a huge market for hollywood movies, often exceeding sales in e.g. the US by a lot (the WoW movie is a good example of that).

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I enjoyed it decently enough. I feel that it's got a more generic action movie tone than the first one, but that's a given since it's not done by GDT. I did appreciate the End of Evangelion nod with the Drone Jagers. It'll be interesting to see how this does in China since it is VERY clear that they were counting on it.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh for sure, it's turned into a franchise all right. But, one with nice / dank visuals and whatnot, I dig the scale and it doesn't focus as much on running humans as e.g. Transformers does. (it still does a bit though)

also the bad guy was simultaneously a poor attempt at comic relief. I was sure it wasn't going to turn out to be the Chinese company, because, China

Top Bottom