Playing FFVII for the first time thread

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Glad to announce that I have finished the best game I've played in my whole life. Honestly it was. :)

Now let's mosey:

• Gah my other party members didn't bring me new stuff, useless idiots
  • Accidentally put CID in my end game party because I intended to get his materia but then I cannot go back to Yuffie, by the time I can shift materia again I was too lazy
  • Jumping down a path has never been so epic- JENOVA played at the background
  • I don't get how the party was swimming in midair.
  • Didn't care much about the other party members when we're battling a big Seph
  • Nobody died since Seph is as slow as a turtle
  • DUN DUN DUN BELFAST PIGGERY CELES CHERE HAMMERY SEPHIROTH!
  • Honestly I got chills when I heard his theme, I've been listening to it for years in different versions but hearing it in-game is a much better experience
  • Literal half-naked Sephiroth again now with tentacle wings!
  • Tifa turned into a Frog
  • DID SEPH JUST MASSACRE THE SOLAR SYSTEM and hurled that energy ball right back at me?
  • Okay for most of the battles, my tactic is just Regen, Haste, Barrier, 2X Cut for Cloud, Deathblow Premium Heart for Tifa, Mega All Earth Elemental for Cid. That's it.
  • Nobody died
  • Cute Yuffie lying like there on the ground :3
  • Cloud had an out of body experience... again. Weee he goes down the magical tube
  • The way Seph stared at Cloud is just sooooo homoerotic... Gosh what has internet done to my mind!?
  • Half-naked Sephiroth again now with pants! This is the third half-naked Seph in the game, just saying.
  • WHAT DID SEPH DO TO MY MATERIA!? *OMNISLASH* serves you right!
  • What it's OVEERRR? I grinded hours for this!
  • Blood in Seph's head but no cuts. Maybe Omnislash doesn't really cut you but hits you instead.
  • Ending dun dun dun I was smiling all throughout. It's a really beautiful ending and I my heart just had all sorts of feelings when the music played when the Lifestream moved.
  • Aerith happy :) Very meaningful especially that it's the game's first face, her smile seeing life in the slums then Cloud said her smile froze when she died so the end is just awwww
  • Listened to the end music, makes me nostalgic of Dissidia
  • It took 500 years for Red XIII to get laid!?
  • The first time I heard the laughing children, I never paid attention to the last scene until now
  • Listened to the credits music, gives me Dissidia nostalgia
  • Then the annoying galaxy thingy at the credits
If this is the last game I'll ever play, than I'm quote content it is. But I hope it will not be.

As for the end, I don't think the party died (even if the Compliation didn't exist.) If RedXIII survived, there's every reason to think that the party survived as well, I mean he's not invulnerable or anything right?

For now, I'll fantasize of me directing a FFVII anime.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
  • Jumping down a path has never been so epic- JENOVA played at the background
One of my favorite parts in the game. In my first playthrough I was really excited to get to the ending so I didn't level-up much and ended up dying several times, but I never got bored with this part.

Nobody died since Seph is as slow as a turtle
..But looks like a fish :lol:

The way Seph stared at Cloud is just sooooo homoerotic... Gosh what has internet done to my mind!?
No my friend, you've just encountered proofz that Clephiroth is canon ever since the OG. :wacky:

As for the end, I don't think the party died (even if the Compliation didn't exist.) If RedXIII survived, there's every reason to think that the party survived as well, I mean he's not invulnerable or anything right?

For now, I'll fantasize of me directing a FFVII anime.
I didn't think everybody died either (although I never heard the laughing kids at the end). It's quite endearing to think that humanity got that second chance, learned from their mistakes, became more in tune with the Planet and lived peaceful lives. Then Advent Children/ Dirge came. :@

Congratulations :joy:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

Hey even if Advent Children is nowhere as epic as FFVII, I still love it. It's the best cutscene ever :awesome:

Can't say much about Dirge I mean, where the heck are those people in the OG? Underground? Are you kidding me?

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yes, someone who shares the same sentiments on DoC as me. <3

Deepground is too big, and they kidnapped WAY too many people for it all to be so secret.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Don't get me wrong, I love AC too but you gotta admit it's nowhere near the OG in terms of epicness :desu:

Can't say much about Dirge either except that it's so full of shit. Didn't even bother to finish it.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Figured out how to rig the remote play on my PSP really good, so I can find the time to grind and finish all the old square titles I haven't finished (chrono trigger, ff4-6, among others). But right now I'm on my second full playthrough of FFVII.

Forgot how fun it is to power level in the Mideel area, and how early you can do it. Already close to lvl 60. This is my first time leveling up Aerith's limit breaks, a lot of useful stuff there. I love Fury Brand.

Also being effective at the materia this time. Getting ready to fight in Dio's battle arena, but I don't want to do it until I level up my Time + Elemental/Status materia really good.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
After I lose Cloud I fly the Highwind all over the Planet and go for a many adventures as I can with Tifa as my party leader. I know that it's a bit out of character; left to her own devices, Tifa would choose to rush to Cloud's side rather than go jumketing around the world hunting monsters and earning gil. I tried to breed and race chocobos without him, but I couldn't.

Tifa frustrated me because of this on my last playthrough.

It seriously came down to her piano. I went to Nibelheim because I suddenly recalled the bit about her piano and I wanted to see if I could get that done. I was expecting that there probably was some kind of story flag I hadn't passed yet so the item wouldn't be there or whatever, or it wouldn't recognize I'd played the right melody.

What I was not expecting was for Tifa to stand in front of her piano and reminisce about how Cloud had played on it. It was just. Dammit, Tifa, this is your piano (or freakishly accurate replica of it?) and I want to see YOU play on it and I don't even get why you're so sentimental about Cloud jamming on your keyboard when he was snitching your orthopedic underwear at the same time seriously.

So after that I pretty much gave up on Tifa-as-leader and just advanced the plot. I couldn't even get her to play her own piano!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
That's always been a huge peeve of mine, and honestly a bit OOC.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I went back to my save file with Tifa as my leader, the Gold Saucer is closed because so you can't breed chocobos or fight in the battle arena :/

I wish SE gave her more things to do

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
That's always been a huge peeve of mine, and honestly a bit OOC.

I'm not sure it's OOC. I can't think of what it would be contradicting since it's made pretty clear that losing Cloud depressed her and she tends to get in a funk of thinking too much. It's not exactly characterization I enjoy, but I don't think it's contradictory.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Well from the fact that Tifa owns a piano and Cloud has played it we know that both Cloud and Tifa can apparently play piano. And you have to understand what she was going through at the time when you control her as party leader. The reason she reminisced about how Cloud had played her piano was probably because she was probably thinking about Cloud a lot because she was depressed over his apparent death.

Top Bottom