Playing FFVII for the first time thread

Lex

Administrator
tumblr_maszd7E7J11r4fpswo7_1280.jpg

I was about to post something about "that's just their default positions from the earlier scene there" but it's really not.

This is one of those things I feel like I should already know. I'm shocked and appalled at myself. Thanks so much for posting that, I had no idea that was in there.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

I was skeptic at first, but the Cloti inside me made me check the other characters' positions and voila! You get a reward XD

Of course Cloud remained the same but Tifa is so close. I hope we could get a better screenshot because my Cloti bias tells me they're holding hands XD

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I dunno how far it goes or when's the "end" so after the spiral case, the first descent and the reddish soil I exited and saved just to be sure.

Vendel

Banned
I was about to post something about "that's just their default positions from the earlier scene there" but it's really not.

This is one of those things I feel like I should already know. I'm shocked and appalled at myself. Thanks so much for posting that, I had no idea that was in there.

We need a comparison shot!

/squee

Lex

Administrator
The proof is in the fact that they're all sitting in the same position in Danseru's pics :monster:

EDIT: OR, look at the 7:00 mark in this video, where you can see all their positions in the scene. Tifa is definitely moved to be right next to Cloud in the pic.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
You know how I said I was kind of leery of getting involved with chocobo breeding again ... well I got involved with chocobo breeding again :monster: With Tifa as my leader ... I managed to get some great/good yellow chocobos set up in the stables, then bred a green chocobo ... then I got bored while trying to get a blue chocobo :monster: Then Tales of Graces F came out here recently and I bought it last week and ... yeah haven't been playing FF7 for a while :scared:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I figured out I'll breed chocobos after I finish the game. Meaning, I'll just go back to my Disc 3 savepoint. I regretted not breeding chocobos with Tifa, I wished I did something more with her as the party leader. I actually caught 1 wonderful chocobo and 3 great ones but I'm too busy to get all of them to win the races. Only one became Class A so far. If only I hadn't talked with the old man in Mideel, Tifa wouldn't have left so early, well I had no idea what will happen if I do.

But it will take me long since I've got so much to do in school. I might even get banned again for that.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Okay I'm leveling up materia and building my end game party. It will be Yuffie, Cloud and Tifa. As of now I've explored the cave and put my save point just before my party splits up. Magic pots are taking my elixirs and the tonberrys keep on killing me...

I might finish FFVII this week or the next lets see if I have time.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
My end party is usually Cloud, Tifa, and Cid, my three favorite characters in the game. Sometimes I'll use Vinnie instead of Cid, for the Death Penalty.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I use Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent, mainly because those are the three that have the closest ties to Sephiroth.

I always make my decisions based on story elements when I play RPG's.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I use Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent, mainly because those are the three that have the closest ties to Sephiroth.

I always make my decisions based on story elements when I play RPG's.

You're right, I've always known Cloud and Tifa had more reasons for wanting revenge than the other party members (since the others pretty much had Aerith dying as their only reason, but Cloud and Tifa had that and the destruction of Nibelheim), but now that I think about it, I see how Vincent would have more reasons as well.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I wanted to take Cid too, he's my other default member and has a good HP but I love morphing with Yuffie and I got around 4 ribbons out of her :P It's too late my change my party though.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
The party members I use the least are Aerith in Cait Sith, because they're both best off as mages in a game where magic isn't that useful, sure Yuffie and Vincent are technically best as mages as well, but Conformer and Death Penalty redeem them. So do you use God Hand or Premium Heart on your Tifa? I use God Hand.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
i don't usually use Aerith and Cait Sith too, but the first because i don't like to spend too much time on someone i already know dies (i know, i'm ruthless :monster:) and the second 'cause i think he's too weak.

usually my team is Cloud, Cid and Vincent. Vincent 'cause i love him and he's my magic user/long distance fighter. Cid because he is the man and because i love dragoons (and he gave me the Highwind :) )

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
The party members I use the least are Aerith in Cait Sith, because they're both best off as mages in a game where magic isn't that useful, sure Yuffie and Vincent are technically best as mages as well, but Conformer and Death Penalty redeem them. So do you use God Hand or Premium Heart on your Tifa? I use God Hand.

I really like using Aerith at the first round because I'm the type who likes specialization and I want a mage on my group. Her limit breaks are great though! However I do agree that magic isn't that useful at least in my opinion or it's not just my style.

I use Premium Heart+Deathblow= Profit

Next week I might finish, but not this week.

AvecAloes

Donator
Carry Armor. Lightning. Magic useful.

Though I guess I would have to say that in general, I think we used mostly melee attacks in my most recent playthrough, unless we knew of certain elemental weaknesses that particular enemies had. Also healing. Also, I think the fact that VII isn't all that difficult of a game kind of goes along with why magic might not be the "make or break" aspect that stands between you and beating the game. Maybe? Mm.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
^

Usually the magic I use are for buffs rather than offense: Regen and Cure, Haste, Slow, Esuna, Barrier.

For offense, I sometimes use Comet. Maybe another reason is that I prefer using enemy skills such as Trine and Aqualung rather than materia.

AvecAloes

Donator
^

Usually the magic I use are for buffs rather than offense: Regen and Cure, Haste, Slow, Esuna, Barrier.

For offense, I sometimes use Comet. Maybe another reason is that I prefer using enemy skills such as Trine and Aqualung rather than materia.

Oh man, enemy skills - they were useful and not as much of a pain to get as they have been in other FFs. We used Big Guard all the damn time.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I use Aerith up to the scene in Gongaga then stop using her until the Temple of the Ancients where I have to use her. Unless I'm going for the Aerith date of course. And Cait Sith makes a useful mage if you put him in the back row. Unfortunately mages aren't that useful in this game. Which is a shame, because I love Cait Sith. And the fact that when Aerith gains experience it's technically a waste of good experience that could go to someone who doesn't die halfway through the game is another reason I don't use her that much.

Top Bottom