PlayStation 4

Lex

Administrator
I've been beta-ing that system software for a month or so now, the new features are neat. Remote Play wasn't included in the beta but it was mentioned that it was coming. Essentially this just means I won't have to change the channel on my monitor when I want to play on the PS4 XD.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Because taking screencaps is fun, I'm gonna share some photo mode shenanigans from inFamous: Second Son

21dy7o1.png

ePXeLar.png

AGsFxAO.png

bilmH2V.png

4QhCRL0.png

Wzj9h0c.png

WwhbpTA.png

mz7nXEa.png

A7vgtM4.png

TaRYQiU.png

S5fvC5e.png

E6TZmhB.png

XVBXBaF.png

2KZDM8k.png

rDJM9G4.png

GEAGikJ.png

That's it for now. Might post more although people might not give a shit. :wacky:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
^Those look pretty sweet.

So can someone explain the difference between Friends and Close Friends? Do you all see my real name or PSN name?

Lex

Administrator
Friends is just like the old PS3 system. Close friends means you share your real name. Like people will still come up in games as the PSN username, and on the friends list. But you can see the real name if someone has chosen to put it in (which I did, it's behind a request so I'm not bothered).

The nice thing is that it now has Facebook and Twitter integration, so it suggests PSN buddies from your FB friends list if you link it. It's pretty neat IMO.

I'm going to go through my screenshot library and share them here, I keep forgetting I was meant to do that.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
hai gaise I just got a PS4 am I late to the party? :monster:

I did hear a Remark / Agreement today that UC 4 is / feels like the first 'real' next-gen / PS4 game, instead of some mediocre thing aimed at both PS3 and PS4 or cross-platform or something like that.

Lex

Administrator

I did hear a Remark / Agreement today that UC 4 is / feels like the first 'real' next-gen / PS4 game, instead of some mediocre thing aimed at both PS3 and PS4 or cross-platform or something like that.

I've heard that bandied about too, but people who say that haven't played Dragon Age: Inquisition. And that came out two years ago :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
FWIW, Bioware knows graphics too; Mass Effect looked gorgeous and shit. Shame the framerates sucked.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Friends is just like the old PS3 system. Close friends means you share your real name. Like people will still come up in games as the PSN username, and on the friends list. But you can see the real name if someone has chosen to put it in (which I did, it's behind a request so I'm not bothered).

The nice thing is that it now has Facebook and Twitter integration, so it suggests PSN buddies from your FB friends list if you link it. It's pretty neat IMO.

I'm going to go through my screenshot library and share them here, I keep forgetting I was meant to do that.

So no one can see my real name unless they ask for it and I say yes?

Because I did receive a request from Ami. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
But of course I wanted to know your real name, it's part of my world domination plot. :wacky:

That title belongs to The Order: 1886. Phenomenal graphics.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Remind me to make a List of Games I Need To Play this time around, and put that one on there :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Wasn't the major complaint not that it's terrible, but that it's just ridiculously short?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i got that with my ps4 (mainly because it was something my brother was interested in and i was hoping he'd give me some money to pay for it but lol nope). it's not bad, and it does look really nice. but it's not very long, it's got a sequel-baiting ending, it's another alright cover-based shooter where you're killing waves after waves of human enemies, but in a setting that makes a big deal about you being a knight who fights supernatural monsters like vampires and werewolves which you hardly fight at all. the previews and trailers focused on fancy weapons and battling monsters where the game gives you basic weapons and human mooks

if you could get it for like £10 or under, then go for it?

also there were some penises in it, that's something unique

Remind me to make a List of Games I Need To Play this time around, and put that one on there :monster:

Take it off. The Order is an awful game and deserves no titles lol.

Gameplay-wise, fighting the (non-QTE) werewolves were shit. Absolute shit. BUT besides those segments, gameplay was generally pretty fun. Short yes, but fun.

Play it for the graphics, if nothing else. It'll blow you away.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
@Lex and others.

It's length was one of the complaints yeah but others were pretty lackluster generic cover shooter gameplay. It's no where near as polished in that department. Even UC1 did it better years earlier.

The enemy AI is awful. AngryJoe had a video where he spent like 10 minutes just dicking off in front of werewolves who couldn't figure out his location for instance.
The story was also laughably bad.

Furthermore while the graphics are decent (For console huehue) it also does not run at a smooth 30fps. Which by itself would be fine considering that's the hallmark of this generation but what makes it funny is the pandering the developers did prior to the launch of the game to justify the poor framerate stating "It's more cinematic" to play at 24fps just like the movies amiright. Spoiler : That's not how it works.

Over all. Dumb story, bad frames, Dumb AI , bad game length. If you can bargain bin it by all means, but at no point in time has The Order ever deserved to be on a must buy list for PS4 :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just remembered the constant letterbox borders on the screen. it was like playing old games that had been converted from ntsc to pal all over again

also how they would take cliche movie lines and rewrite them in an old-timey way. like instead of "this isn't over!" "you can bet your ass it isn't!" (or whatever humans actually say) you got something like "on that you can be sure!"

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I remember having a good deal of fun with the regular shootybang combat (since shootybangs are generally my thing) but the thing that irks me is that the QTE patterns for the QTE werewolf "boss" fights are exactly the same, all the way up to the end of the game, which smacks of a lack of resources (or poorly allocated ones) needed to diversify the experience.

So yeah, it really felt like a very, very delayed launch title (which perhaps is what it was? :monster:)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
My main genres are shootybangs, sportsball and drivecar :monster:

Rocket League covers the latter 2 for me.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
^ I've been thinking about getting Rocket League since it came out, I finally decided to buy it and it says I'll need 'Playstation Membership Plus' in order to play it online.

? I've always been fuzzy on this. What is 'Playstation Membership Plus'?
I'm not getting it just to play one game online, what else does it do?

I'm suspicious & paranoid that it's some kinda of social media thing. :closedmonster:

Top Bottom