PlayStation 4

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
S9JOxNeh.jpg

Not sure if it's a slim PS4 or the Neo or fake though. I know nothing.

AvecAloes

Donator
I remain skeptical about this slim PS4 model. The one in Yop's picture doesn't appear to have the same angled edges that the one in the video appears to have, and it would be SUPER EASY to fake booting up a slim PS4 by, you know, plugging in an actual PS4 that you can't see in the video. Also, they don't touch the slim PS4, they don't turn it around or anything, they barely focus on it at all. SKEPTICAL.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They say in the video one of them was there and got to play around with it and they're gonna have more stuff about it coming up.

Lex

Administrator
It's definitely a strange decision, considering Sony pioneered the tech in the first place.

The explanation I'm seeing floating around is that they're simply trying to keep the price point down. £349 for the upgraded hardware is actually an incredible price point, with a UHD player (standalone UHD players go for like £400+ on their own here) you're talking about adding at least £100 to that.

It's still weird though, lol.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well I guess there aren't that many movies out on UHD BD yet anyway.

But yeah, even if I had the disposable income to upgrade right now, I'd still choose to wait until next gen I think.

(Can PS5 be backwards compatible to PS4 games and play them in Pro mode, plz? :wacky: )

But again. Xbox One S at 299€ plays UHD Blu-rays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom