• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that's okay i forgive you :sadpanda:

when i say i think about it, like 9 out of 10 times that thought it "man i liked that game but i'm not sure if i ever want to actually play it again, maybe i will just watch let's plays" because i remember the controls and gameplay and i don't know if i want to go through that again but i like the worldbuilding and aesthetic of it

also i really liked that thing the first two games did where they just sort of had videos of the actor's faces projected onto the models, that was cool

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Read 'em and weep:

vSlQdV9.jpg

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
State of Play set for April 29.

Description: This Thursday, feast your eyes on more than 15 minutes of new Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart footage, plus a quick look at a pair of upcoming indie titles. There won’t be any hardware or business-focused updates in this show – just loads of explodey goodness from Insomniac Games. Tune in live Thursday April 29 at 2pm PT / 5pm ET!

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
PS5 shipments top 7.8 million; PS4 tops 115.9 million

A total of 3.3M PS5 were sold in the past quarter (ended on March 2021) and PS5 exceed forecast by 200,000 units.

Other finantial facts [1], [2]:

Here is a breakdown of Sony's Game & Network Services net revenue by segment for FY20/21.
  • Console Hardware: $4.88bn / 20%
  • Packaged Software: $01.30bn / 5%
  • Digital Software: $5.12bn / 21%
  • Add on Content: $8.59bn / 34%
  • Subscriptions: $3.61bn/ 14%
  • Other: $1.54bn / 6%
E0CohGqXMAYDKlI

Here is a look at the growth of network services over time. Network services accounted for 69% of the game division's total revenue (Nice). Within that segment, Add on Content (DLC / MTX) is around 50%. Digital game downloads is around 30%. Subscriptions is around 21%.

E0CqFqvX0AIVeDV

A lot of the increased spending on add on content is thanks to free to play games on consoles, in addition to traditional MTX spend on paid games. PlayStation Plus, Now and other Sony services on PSN are generating approx $300m each month / $3.6bn per year.
E0CqvkeXIAMJmYP

The PlayStation 4 is at the end of its lifecycle. The console has sold in 115.9 million units as of March 31, 2021 with 5.7 million units sold in the past year Despite selling less than the PS2, it has sold more software overall, thanks to digital increasing accessibility.
E0CxZixXoAMjGJ9

PlayStation 5 hardware sales are slightly above where PS4 was in the same timeframe (7.8m v 7.6m). Sony expects PS5 to remain ahead of the PS4 this fiscal year too, but supply constraints will still play a role this year given the global situation.
E0Czb_sX0AAXP-0

The ratio of digital download sales continues to increase and accelerated this year. Full game digital downloads were 65% in FY2020, 53% in FY2019 and 43% in FY2018. While the pandemic boosted digital this year, the ratio was already 53% in FY2019, prior to the pandemic.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
WELP. I've had my PS5 pre-order in place since literally the day they opened them on September 18th, 2020... and was just informed that the expected stock date of May 3rd is apparently not gonna get met, so... there's a possibility that I won't be able to play Intergrade upon release.

SUPER frustrated since, I've literally ordered limited edition consoles from Japan before so that I haven't ever missed a single FFVII-related launch date of a game (with the exception of something like Before Crisis that didn't release in a region I had access to). Like... the last two years have been a pretty intense shitshow of a time, so it'd be nice to be able to catch a fucking break.

So, just on the off-chance that anyone here has a magical ability to procure one of them before Intergrade releases on June 10th that's either an NA or EU region, let me know! I'll more than happily pay you for it, and pay you to ship it to me, and tip you for the hassle if I can find a way to not scuff this release date.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
First proper, an original, PS5 exclusive is out tomorrow and reviews are great.

20210429_093639.jpg

Third person shooter, horror, roguelike game.

I think this is the first AAA roguelike? Cant think of any game in the AAA scene.

Congratulations to Housemarque devs with their first incursion in the AAA space.

Hope this incetives Sony to publish more varied big budget games.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
@X-SOLDIER
With so many of us having managed it at least once, I guess we could pull it off once again?

@Erotic Materia
Unless you think you have a good lead on this, I'll continue following the restock alerts and try procuring another one.
I stopped following all the restock accounts once I got mine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I believe in the Mexican™

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hmm, looks like it's starting..

Totoki did suggest that Sony may be able to cope with the shortage by either finding a secondary resource to manufacture its consoles with or by even going as far as "changing the design" of the machine in order to circumvent the issue.

"Changing the design"... I think it's extremely important to get Sony to divulge how exactly they think they could "change the design"....

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
Announcing PlayStation’s new Partnership with Discord

https://www.sie.com/en/blog/announcing-playstations-new-partnership-with-discord/

Jim Ryan said:
At PlayStation, we’re constantly looking for new ways to enable players around the world to connect with one another, form new friendships and communities, and share fun experiences and lasting memories. It’s in this spirit that we’re excited to announce a new partnership with Discord, the communication service popularized by gamers and used by more than 140 million people every month around the world.
Together, our teams are already hard at work connecting Discord with your social and gaming experience on PlayStation Network. Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year, allowing friends, groups, and communities to hang out, have fun, and communicate more easily while playing games together.
To bring these experiences to life for our players, Sony Interactive Entertainment has made a minority investment as part of Discord’s Series H round. From our very first conversation with co-founders Jason Citron and Stan Vishnevskiy, I was inspired by their lifelong love for gaming and our teams’ shared passion to help bring friends and communities together in new ways. Empowering players to create communities and enjoy shared gaming experiences is at the heart of what we do, so we are beyond excited to start this journey with one of the world’s most popular communication services.
It’s always a privilege to work with great partners to bring fresh experiences to our fans, and we’ll have more to share in the coming months. Stay tuned to our channels and @Discord for all the latest updates.

Epic lawsuit shows Sony asks publishers for compensation if MTX / playerbase ratio falls below certain amount compared to the cross-platform revenue

unknown.png

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ep...ompared-to-the-cross-platform-revenue.419805/

Devs need to pay for crossplay once the Revenue Share / Gameplay Share for PSN is below 85%.

I guess we can say Sony is encouraging developers not to have crossplatform play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom