• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Currently, there's just one more in favor than against, which isn't a decisive majority.

Isabella

Your Mom
I just can't see why teams are necessary in order to socialize. Isn't that what General Discussion is for? It feels so divisive. And does anyone who wants to be on a team get to be on one? Or is this going to be like rushing a f'ing fraternity?

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I voted No.

The forum's fine without segregating each other into different teams. It didn't have the best effect on ACF.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
ACF had cliques and segregation long before teams thanks to spam.

I voted no, but I'm really more indifferent. It's not that I didn't enjoy the teams I was on at ACF - I did - but, on the other hand, if, like on ACF, they get to the point where they become like a mini-forum, I think it can mess with the general "unity" of the community because you get members that are completely withdrawn from the rest of the site (even sections like GC). It's true that on ACF it wasn't the teams that created the cliques, but they did reinforce them, since they were almost entirely self-sufficient.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@CelesChere: They're quite awesome actually. The last few months on ACF, teams were rockin, imho. :monster:

Especially when FC and SO sort of almost combined. XD

That said I'm really not sure how to vote. I see both good and bad things in having teams. I'll have to think about it some more. :/

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
ACF had cliques and segregation long before teams thanks to spam.

You'll always find cliques, but having teams didn't encourage people to intermingle on ACF. Why have niches for everyone to retreat to, when it draws attention away from the main forum?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't see how it'll draw attention from the main forum, if there will be no discussion of FF there. If that's really a problem, let's cut GC since a significant amount of activity is drawn from the main focus there too.

And it didn't encourage people to intermingle on ACF because they were all intentionally segregated, people were only allowed to join based on popularity, people flipped out when mods viewed them, and a slew of other BS. The comparison to acf is non applicable, because it simply won't be like that.

At least, they won't if I have any say.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I don't see how it'll draw attention from the main forum, if there will be no discussion of FF there.

Theoretically, isn't any activity that isn't FF drawing away from the main forum?

Isabella

Your Mom
No one's answering my question: How will it be decided if someone's allowed on a team or not? Does anyone who wants to be on a team get to be on one?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
No one's answering my question: How will it be decided if someone's allowed on a team or not? Does anyone who wants to be on a team get to be on one?

I don't see why not.

Otherwise we'll be doing the same shit as ACF, and that's not acceptable.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Teams would be for everyone.

That's a moot point.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Teams would be for everyone.

That's a moot point.

Not really, because my point was that teams would only divide the member base and therefore draw attention away from the main sections - because people would rather go straight to their homies.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Except for those people who are more tha capable of talking about Final Fantasy and their homies in equal amounts. You know, those people. This isn't ACF :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm sorry you feel that way, but most folks are here to discuss FF save for a handful of members, and the only place to do so is the FF sections.

I respectfully disagree Masa.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think that we'd have to decide such details if this decision is actually approved by a decisive majority.

Edit: This is @ some posts earlier.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
I voted No, but if we get teams then i'll try it again and see what comes of it. Hopefully it wont be so drama filled like it was on ACF.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
If we have teams, they're not going to be hidden general chat areas for people and their small group of friends.

You guys know that right?

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Oh alright Dacon, I get ya ^^. That would be better too, tbh.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

A

Great Old One
I just can't see why teams are necessary in order to socialize. Isn't that what General Discussion is for? It feels so divisive. And does anyone who wants to be on a team get to be on one? Or is this going to be like rushing a f'ing fraternity?
This. Why have a board where people can all socialize instead of having a number of separate boards where it divides members like cliques. Just sounds like drama to me. The forum is fine without segregating members, thank you very much.

Isabella

Your Mom
Then what the hell will they be?

The only benefit I can see to them is maybe they'll cut down on some of the spam in the main sections. Maybe there can be a whole team devoted to tits. :monster:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I understand that if the team idea goes through but fails that they will be removed/deleted. However, I fear that it will not be so simple to correct if and when it goes wrong. There's no delete button for drama and the effects it can have, and I anticipate that we would instead have to wait for the fallout to dissipate before things return to the way things are now.

I could be wrong, and teams may turn out to be the best idea ever, in which case I'll gladly stfu while eating my piece of humble pie. But if this turns out not to be the case, then are we willing to risk the potential damage it may cause? Not like it'll be the end of the world or whatever...but I think it's also something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom