• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I understand that if the team idea goes through but fails that they will be removed/deleted. However, I fear that it will not be so simple to correct if and when it goes wrong. There's no delete button for drama and the effects it can have, and I anticipate that we would instead have to wait for the fallout to dissipate before things return to the way things are now.

This isn't ACF, there's no elitism, there's no cliques. Teams will most likely be run in an entirely different manner too so I really, really don't see the potential for drama on that kind of scale (if at all), especially with the members TLS has.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
What the hell, this isn't a high school people.

We know? What does that have to do, with ANYTHING.

And it's a community thing, to get people to have fun with each other and get to know each other better.

Mako and I had the idea of dedicating the teams to specific subjects, and having activities accompaning each one.

Because let's face it, until a new compilation title is announced or something. activity is going to wane, and it won't hurt to have something to keep people occupied/entertained until then.

But like I said, I can do without. It's not something that will make or break my contentment with the site in general.

A

Great Old One
And it's a community thing, to get people to have fun with each other and get to know each other better.
That's what we have the General Discussion forum for.

Because let's face it, until a new compilation title is announced or something. activity is going to wane, and it won't hurt to have something to keep people occupied/entertained until then.
True, having teams would be a benefit for that as well.

I'm not for teams, but if people want that, I'm okay with it. I just hope it doesn't get screwy.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
plz respond

I already did.

What the hell more do you want.

That's what we have the General Discussion forum for.

Yeah, this would just be an attempt at taking it to a higher level of sorts.

And yeah, we go both ways, it's not something that's integral to the site. It'd just be a neat feature to try out.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Teams will most likely be run in an entirely different manner too so I really, really don't see the potential for drama on that kind of scale (if at all), especially with the members TLS has.

I think this needs to be better outlined for the naysayers like me who don't know about and don't give a shit about what happened at ACF, but are nonetheless capable of seeing how creating these kinds of divisions has the potential for chaos. Also, the current membership may not reflect what it will look like in the future.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think what proponents of teams are saying, is that each Team would allow for a more personal user to user experience than what General Chat affords. Not only that, but teams could also be themed, couldn't it? And then team members could have fun competitions and stuff between each other.

Think of what Social Clubs were supposed to be, and apply that to Teams. And with the added element of transparency, I'm hoping there would be no drama and secrecy. People will be less inclined to slag off others if they know they're being moderated and it can be seen.

Anyways, since I'm not a major proponent for teams and I'm rather ambivalent and hesitant, I'm sure someone who knows the idea better can better explain it. But the exclusivity, secrecy, and bad blood would be something we wouldn't see here, since that was exclusive to ACF. At least, that's what should be the case. :monster: But I'm sure the members here are good, so that wouldn't crop up.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'm against teams not because of the members, I actually trust the members, it's just that I don't see teams having any sort of contribution or benefit to the actual focus of the site.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I think this needs to be better outlined for the naysayers like me who don't know about and don't give a shit about what happened at ACF, but are nonetheless capable of seeing how creating these kinds of divisions has the potential for chaos. Also, the current membership may not reflect what it will look like in the future.

ACF teams were basically small sub forums with several sections and whatnot.

The only way you could join a team was to be voted in by the members of the team, which was usually decided upon by how much they liked you.

The members of the teams basically hated each other, and since they were hidden they'd talk shit about each other behind each others backs, which resulted in a laughable amount of drama and shit stirring.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Take a look around at the members here and use some common sense for starters. I think we've already established through this thread alone how averse everybody is to starting drama, and this place hardly has a hotbed of dramatic and chaotic members to begin with, plus it has more sensible and unbiased staff. And sure whilst this may not reflect the memberbase in the future it's highly unlikely, at least imo, thats it's going to change to the extent to which you're talking about. Those of us that were at ACF saw how divided the memberbase was amongst the teams and I don't think anybody wants to recreate that negative aspect of them here at TLS.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I already voted no, but the full transparency rule that Dacon and Mako have reiterated does make me feel a teensy bit better. :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I think it would be fair to try having teams.

Truthfully, I never really got the concept on ACF, even though I was a member of Renegades... Though, I heard about all the drama and all the harsh feelings that went around when people left one team for another, and how one team was 'better' than another...

I am not really for it, but I'm voting 'yes' and will stand with those who wish to give it a try.

... I'm just not sure if ACF should have taught us all a lesson, and this should be avoided.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
You know I think if everyone just chilled out and stopped fretting over the teams making TLS into ACF Mark II, it could work. Because the more people that get their panties in a knot over this, of course it's not going to work. Half the mods will be stepping on eggshells, trying to watch for any and all dramarific activity, and in the end will probably end up freaking out over something minor just because it may be interpreted as drama.

I have a question though. If it is going to be given a trial run, will it be run similarly to how ACF ran it? With Team Directors/Leaders? And if there will be, how will they be chosen? Just so there's no "elitism" here.

Also, I have to disagree with munatik. You can delete drama, someone just selects all of the threads/replies, and slums them. Ta-da. Never happened. :monster:

A

Great Old One
I have a question though. If it is going to be given a trial run, will it be run similarly to how ACF ran it? With Team Directors/Leaders? And if there will be, how will they be chosen? Just so there's no "elitism" here.
Team Directors/Leaders...? Can't we just put moderators in charge of these 'teams,' and not have any leaders at all? :monster:

As long as there's no secrecy/back stabbing of other people/dumb 'trials,' to see if you're worthy enough of joining, I'm fine with it.

Question: Can you join more than one team, if it is decided?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Also, I have to disagree with munatik. You can delete drama, someone just selects all of the threads/replies, and slums them. Ta-da. Never happened. :monster:

Concur, this is one lesson ACF has taught us :monster: Drama (and your forum) can be hard deleted.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Question: Can you join more than one team, if it is decided?

I don't see why not.

If we have competitions, you could just choose which team you wanted to represent.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
@A: That's the plan. Staff will create the teams. And remember people, THIS IS JUST A TRIAL RUN. Forget about ACF. What happened on ACF simply isn't going to happen here. Period. Give teams a shot, if it doesn't work, we get rid of them. It's that simple.

Can anyone else give a shot at answering my question?
Go read this thread. We explained to you a bajillion times last time you asked this. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Moderators would work well. But it seems like half the mods here don't want anything to do with it. To me, it would be like a chore for them to have to participate in something they don't want, rather than giving a regular person the ability to Lead a team when they're really into it. I wasn't around for early ACF so I have no idea how choosing members was done.

Also, joining one time was a problem with the "elitism" but it depends on how many teams we have. I think if we have less than 5 joining more than one would be greedy. If we had more than 5, then why not?

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
They'll have to suck it up then. They don't have to moderate if they don't want to, that can be done by one person, which I've already volunteered to do. As team leaders, all they have to do is accept applications, OMG.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet

Obviously. However, until admins can figure out a way to delete negative feelings and memories as well a la Men in Black flashy stick, you're still going to have leftover resentment and division. Well, at least between those who take this Internetz thing so very srs.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Go read this thread. We explained to you a bajillion times last time you asked this. :monster:

Not to sound like a dick, but that's not really a sufficient answer. That just says why teams would be fun and not a bad idea, not how they would contribute to the overall focus of Final Fantasy and the fandom.

Besides, I'm not looking for an answer for just myself, but for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom