• No.

Votes: 22 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Not to sound like a dick, but that's not really a sufficient answer. That just says why teams would be fun and not a bad idea, not how they would contribute to the overall focus of Final Fantasy and the fandom.

Besides, I'm not looking for an answer for just myself, but for everyone.

It kinda is sufficient, sorry you feel that way. Everything doesn't have to contribute to the overall focus of Final Fantasy dood. This is more of a community driven concept than a FF one.

As Dacon already stated here:
And it's a community thing, to get people to have fun with each other and get to know each other better.

Mako and I had the idea of dedicating the teams to specific subjects, and having activities accompaning each one.

Because let's face it, until a new compilation title is announced or something. activity is going to wane, and it won't hurt to have something to keep people occupied/entertained until then.
:monster:

EDIT: Also, with teams we can have FF related events and competitions. So, if anything it'll help promote the site's focus even more. :monster:

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Obviously. However, until admins can figure out a way to delete negative feelings and memories as well a la Men in Black flashy stick, you're still going to have leftover resentment and division. Well, at least between those who take this Internetz thing so very srs.

If Drama is deleted on the forums, and people will still be petty enough to try and drag it back up into other places on the forum, then they should obviously be warned/banned on sight for being a dramawhore.

Yes I realize the irony of this statement, stfu. :monster:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
If Drama is deleted on the forums, and people will still be petty enough to try and drag it back up into other places on the forum, then they should obviously be warned/banned on sight for being a dramawhore.

Yes I realize the irony of this statement, stfu. :monster:

I realise it too. :monster:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
@MOG: Dood, all those "uneccesary features" made it one of the greatest FF boards on the net. If there wasn't so much drama, that place would be the utopia for FF fans.

And, if it helps the community grow and it also allows us to promote FF, as I stated in the edit I made to my post up there, it makes it quite necessary imho. The feature will only help us in the end. :monster:

Pixel

The Pixie King
I agree with that, ACF was damn good back in 2005, when i was oblivious to the silly crap going on. It was also before I joined a team. :P That probably opened my eyes to alot of it tbh.

The features that were "unnessasary", like the shop were nice extras... though the gil system brought a few headaches.

Im kinda wavering a bit on this after reading through both threads, still leaning toward no though.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
The gil system brought about a few headaches because for the entirity of my stay on ACF the gil interest bank system Never. Fucking. Worked.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
i've never been in one so idk i just closed my eyes and clicked

People, this is exactly what you don't do in a situation like this.

Were it up to me your vote would be docked. Either form a decent opinion on the matter at hand by observing the discussion in progress, or refrain from voting period.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I would entertain the idea if it was proactive, and involved the use of themes and competitions. But for some reason, I can just see it being an excuse for cliquey general chat and not much more.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet

True, but that's also punishing the userbase for a fuck up they didn't implement. You may be inadvertantly increasing the resentment toward the authority here when you start hitting the ban button immediately afterward. Even if it doesn't appear on the forum, that shit can still fester. :(

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
I've never experienced it, but it sounds like fun and I'm pretty sure we'll need the entertainment for the next few years until the next compilation title comes out. :monster:

I say give it a try. Of course there's the possibility of drama, drama is all over the internets. I doubt it will happen, but if it does just kill it with fire the Mighty Delete Button. Drama can't beat that. :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Oh yeah and if your gonna do it and X gets a team, make sure that no-one else snakes it from him in the longrun :monster:
SO Vs 2.0

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Aye, thats one bit of history we don't need to be repeated really :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I can safely say there probably won't be an SO 2 here, or anything even really resembling it.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Baws to you!
I want my "Best tits on tls" competition and that can only be encouraged by having SO rise like a mother fucking phoenix!

Username

Banned
I did not vote because i don't mind either way.

However, with the current member base i can see everyone posting/spamming in the teams and hardly anyone on the main site itself, this is both good and bad. There should only be 2 teams imo, and the only plus i see from teams is the competitions.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I can't remember the specifics or whether he even got around to applying to any teams. Afaict he was too busy trying dethrone the entirity of staff for banning all his dupe accounts and bitching and moaning about the single verbal warning he received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom