• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Podcast planning

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Not on my phone. Just tried it now. Galaxy A3 (2016), Android 6.0.1, official Youtube app. As far as I can tell from a quick search it's a paid feature of Youtube Red, which isn't available here at all.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Has the podcast audio been uploaded to our server yet? As I said, it's important to include it so that people can download it or listen to it directly through iTunes or an RSS feed reader. Particularly so on mobiles where you can't listen to something on Youtube in the background without using a third-party app.

Hey Flint and Tenny I can help with uploading the file. Yop gave me access to be able to FTP large files. If someone can send me the mp3 or give me a link to google drive or whatever, I'll get it uploaded ASAP. Someone will need to write an article and post it up in order for it to be accessible from the website though.

If you guys need some help, hit me up on Facebook messenger. That would be quickest.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
What time do you think you guys'll wrap up the next episode recording? I've looked over a few videos, but I'm really a hands on learner. So I want to make sure I have enough time to talk with Tennyo, and see what I can do tomorrow, and get as much work done as early as possible, incase I need to hand it back off to Tenny or someone else.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We're recording tonight.

I'll put up a front page post for the XV review episode. Would have done it earlier but I've been out all day. Thanks to the people who got it done. :)

Edit: It's up. I lowered the volume on the musical parts a tad because it was a bit loud.

Last edited:

vaderSW1

We're recording tonight.

I'll put up a front page post for the XV review episode. Would have done it earlier but I've been out all day. Thanks to the people who got it done. :)

Edit: It's up. I lowered the volume on the musical parts a tad because it was a bit loud.

Hey Flint, are you going to start an official thread for this episode? I can if you like. Just didn't want to step on your toes. :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I was gonna give it a quick listen when I got hone from work tonight because Chip asked me to. Other than that it sounds like it's probably good to go.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We recorded on Saturday, Chip sent the files to Tenny on Monday, Tenny made some adjustments and sent the exported audio to Vader today and Vader uploaded it today. I'd publish it today as well but Tres just put up an article of his own and we have something of an unofficial policy to let new articles have a day to themselves as the top story on the front page. I'll do it tomorrow.

Obviously this process needs to be streamlined somewhat. :P For a start we don't need to bother Vader, since other people are able to upload files, including me. We should probably give Tenny FTP access to make it even quicker. If there are concerns about giving another person FTP access, they can be mitigated by restricting the folders she has access to.

I'll PM the file URL to you, Pixel, so you can put the video together for Youtube.

vaderSW1

We recorded on Saturday, Chip sent the files to Tenny on Monday, Tenny made some adjustments and sent the exported audio to Vader today and Vader uploaded it today. I'd publish it today as well but Tres just put up an article of his own and we have something of an unofficial policy to let new articles have a day to themselves as the top story on the front page. I'll do it tomorrow.

Obviously this process needs to be streamlined somewhat. :P For a start we don't need to bother Vader, since other people are able to upload files, including me. We should probably give Tenny FTP access to make it even quicker. If there are concerns about giving another person FTP access, they can be mitigated by restricting the folders she has access to.

I'll PM the file URL to you, Pixel, so you can put the video together for Youtube.

Hey Flint, just FYI, it is no bother at all. It doesn't take any time at all to upload the files to the server. :neom:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Excluding JT, five people have filled out the interest form (which is still open). What I'm going to do from now on is invite four of them to appear on each episode on a rotational basis, according to what they said their areas of interest/expertise are and which games they said they wanted to talk about. If I don't invite you to a particular episode, don't take it personally, it's just that six people is too many so someone has to miss out.

If we're going to record these every two weeks then the next one will be this weekend. Since sending out PMs is a pain, I'll use the podcast channel on Discord, so please go read it. ^_^

Oh, and one more thing: we currently don't have anything to talk about in our "what's new on The Lifestream" segment, so if you've been sitting on an article idea, now would be a good time to get it published...

Last edited:
Top Bottom