Possibility of getting the rest Ultimania's translated for real?

Next Ultimania project:

• Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I was planning on focusing on FFVII stuff, since that's the main focus of the site, but if Tres is willing :monster:

(By 'FFVII stuff', that consists of the following:
- CC Keyword Collection
- FFVII Ultimania Omega (Story Playback, etc.)
- Revising the 10th Anniversary Ultimania translations in line with the revised edition of the book.)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If you could be our translator of the FFVIII Ultimania stuff Tres, you'd be our hero and would help hitoshura out immensely.

How about Tres does FFVIII and hito does FFXII?

I was planning on focusing on FFVII stuff, since that's the main focus of the site, but if Tres is willing :monster:

It would seem the people have spoken again. I'll do it.

My translation skills could use the practice anyway. I don't want to get rusty.

If Mog has no preference, I'll start with Centra and Esthar.

hitoshura said:
(By 'FFVII stuff', that consists of the following:
- CC Keyword Collection
- FFVII Ultimania Omega (Story Playback, etc.)
- Revising the 10th Anniversary Ultimania translations in line with the revised edition of the book.)

The profiles are different in the revised version? Fucking assholes.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
FF XIII's a better translation. It's new and I get to know more about Fang.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

emot-smug.gif

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It would seem the people have spoken again. I'll do it.

My translation skills could use the practice anyway. I don't want to get rusty.

Oh wow, this is great. We finally are gonna get some progress on this.

If you could, I'd like to save the translations for the front page, so when you do them, let me know and I can make a post about it.

Actually, they really aren't. There's not much of a difference in the actual profiles. At most very small ones. The real differences are in the playbacks and additional sections they add.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've not looked too deeply, but (despite the marketing spiel) most of the changes seem rather small. Some timeline dates are changed slightly, etc. The biggest additions are the playback sections for CC and DC Multiplayer and Sakurai interview, and maybe the CC profiles.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Awesome, FF8 has a crapload of plotholes I hope the Ultimania fills. I'm waiting for how they explain Ellone, and they better not leave her up in the air. Being able to Junction people with people in the past is a pretty major ability to not explain.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Awesome, FF8 has a crapload of plotholes I hope the Ultimania fills. I'm waiting for how they explain Ellone, and they better not leave her up in the air. Being able to Junction people with people in the past is a pretty major ability to not explain.

Prepare to be disappointed on that count. Pg. 33 of the Ultimania:

Ellone
A very young girl living in Winhill. When she lost her parents during an attack on the village by Esthari soldiers, she was taken in by her neighbor, Raine, to live with her. Despite these unhappy circumstances, she is brought up with love by Raine and the traveling Laguna, at the same level as if she were their actual child. However, she often upsets them with her mischievous behavior. She inherently possesses a marvelous power.

That's all it says about her. :(

I'm hoping that her profile from the 20th Anniversary Ultimania on characters gives us more details. I'm hoping to have access to that and some other profiles from the book soon.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Just an update: I finished the keyword section from FFVIII's Ultimania about half an hour ago. I've sent the details on to Mako, so hopefully we have it all on the front page soon for those of you interested.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Oh, you're trying to show me up, are you? With all you 'can be arsed' and actually doing something.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Good news, guys. I found a Japanese website that transcribed everything from the "World & Character" section of FFVIII's Ultimania that I haven't already transcribed and translated.

Meaning that future translations should be more rapidly forthcoming. Expect the rest of the town/country profiles within a few days at most. From there, I'll probably casually work on the character profiles (there's a lot of them), but evenutally, I hope to have them all done.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So the article on the town and country profiles is now up on the front page. Thanks, by the way, hito, for having already done Balamb's entry. Saved me a few minutes. :awesome:

See, you can be arsed. Just in the past. :monster:

Top Bottom