Possibility of getting the rest Ultimania's translated for real?

Next Ultimania project:

• Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
One witch is said to have, in ancient times, stood up for the sake of the people in a country at the time of its collapse.
A movie was made about this witch and her knight, Zefer, which I think a lot of people have probably seen, huh?

Next was the witch who divided the world at the time of the Sorceress War.
She was a terrible witch.

And then, who’s the one most familiar to us?

Yes, yes, it is.
This witch cooperated in research on the mechanics of magic, thanks to which everyone can use magic, huh?

I'm sort of confused. The first witch is just some distant historical figure and her name isn't really relevant, but who are the second and the third?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
“SeeD……SeeD……SeeD, SeeD, SeeD!! I loathe you…… Why do you disturb a witch so! Why can’t I be free?! Your existences shall be added to the algorithm of Time Compression!!”

I like this, actually. That "Why can't I be free" gives what seems to be the vaguest hint for Ultimecia's motivations - she doesn't want to have to live her life on the run from SeeD anymore. 'course, the whole reason Ultimecia is feared is probably due to her actions in the past, but hey, this is something.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm sort of confused. The first witch is just some distant historical figure and her name isn't really relevant, but who are the second and the third?

Adel's definitely the second, and, as, D&D guesses, Edea's probably the third. One definitely gets the impression that she and Dr. Odine know one another when playing the original game. She already trusts Odine completely, telling him things like "I leave everything in your hands" after only a couple of minutes, and telling Squall to accept his terms for seeing Ellone.

At any rate, the Esthari officials who greet the team when they enter Esthar already know Edea by name, so she's probably been there before.

DrakeClawfang said:
I like this, actually. That "Why can't I be free" gives what seems to be the vaguest hint for Ultimecia's motivations - she doesn't want to have to live her life on the run from SeeD anymore. 'course, the whole reason Ultimecia is feared is probably due to her actions in the past, but hey, this is something.

It certainly does illuminate her motivations better, but I'm just too fond of the English version.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
ALSO DID YOU KNOW (you may have translated this part already)

...that Seifer got his battle style, choice of weapon, and stance from Laguna's performance in that movie he shot way back when? It was his favorite movie as a kid, and after that, he swore he'd become a Sorceress Knight.

Top Bottom