SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

leowhy77

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
LeoWHY
It’s weekend and allow me to spice up a bit here...
My guess not particularly only for part 2...
I Based heavily on what the producer said the whole story will be quite faithful to the OG plus now generally the fate element that suggested some kind of multi timeline or universe...

Aerith will still end up dying but in a much later in the game? Giving us some false illusion we changed fate avoided her death. Some game mechanics reasons I will explain below.

Tifa will suffer some sort of near fatal event (a narrative such as falling off a cliff and leave the party for sometime leaving us the player think she’s death) This plays as a new surprise element and to shock us especially those who played and know the OG well... of course she is alive and will join back as she is still the VIP to fix Cloud in lifestream “following the OG plot”

Seriously, loosing Barret/Tifa/Aerith will be sorely missed not only because of them as loveable character, but also how fun they as playable character... Won’t u miss Arcane Ward if Aerith dies as per the story? You actually need to adapt your play style if in part one u heavily use her as main character every time possible... so I feel it’s reasonable enough for dev to keep her alive longer as long as the main story narrative allow... this include shuffling around the story beats of the OG...

Sorry for a rather long post and feel free to add on... Cheers...

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
After replaying the OG and thinking about the Remake’s direction, I’m sure they’ll change just enough of the story to not make it a suitable “replacement” for the OG but not so much that it stops being FF7 altogether. Specifically, I’ve been thinking about what it means for Aerith’s fate since I’m convinced this whole mess was to create uncertainty about her and Zack’s deaths (which I think will still happen).

If Aerith doesn’t die, or if Cloud or Tifa die in her place, then I’d be more on the “this game disrespects the OG” train because of how much would have to change as a result. If Aerith survives where she should have died but dies later, I’d be annoyed but I’d probably get over it. If they play her death straight like the OG, it’ll certainly be sad but predictable, especially since I’m one of many who played the OG already knowing she’d die.

At this point, I feel like having Cloud actually kill Aerith himself would be the only thing that ticks off all the boxes of being tragic and shocking for both OG and new fans while also providing a meaningful deviation from the source material but still fitting within the narrative of FF7. It would certainly not be without precedent as he nearly killed her twice under Jenova’s control in the OG, and I think having him actually do it has the potential to be even more tragic than her original death. Of all the ways they could approach her death, I think this would be the only way to do it that I would be okay with aside from just playing it straight.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Not sure why LOTR is relevant here -- those are books being adapted to cinema. The Eva comparison is much better. I do think there is more of a barrier for modern players to experience the og FF7 than there is for people to experience the original Eva, though. Those blocky character models from the og will look downright laughable to modern/younger gamers, and you also have the whole turn-based system, the lack of voice acting, etc.

Moon, I agree with you actually, I never wanted a remake either. That is why I am interested in seeing more and more changes, because (as Twilight pointed out) the farther away from the OG, the less of a 'replacement' it can be. I mean that may already have taken place due to the ending of P1, but it feels like P2 may go even farther in that direction...

AKA
Alex
VIIR-2.0: Aerith cheers Cloud on while he hands the Black materia over.

VIIR-3.0: Everyone hates Cloud because he did what they told him to. Cloud rejoins Shinra and plays piano with Roche. Yuffie looks 16 but the eyepatch means she's 30; make sure to explain that when your wife asks about your new ¥30,000 figurine. There's no room left for the final act because you can (not) fit all this shit into 4 games.

I enjoy VIIR today more than the original. There, I said it. I haven't had this much fun with a Final Fantasy game since the 90's. The battle system and the OST and the bosses. The characters, god, I love them all more than ever. I love Remake Barret to death. Tifa is perfection. Cloud is phenomenal. I'm more attached to Aerith in this glorified prologue than any point in the OG. The criticism isn't wrong. I just wish everyone had my mental filter so they could enjoy Remake as much as I do.

Can't wait for the unknown journey to continue. Please take risks in part 2. The feeling that all bets are off is exciting.

That's my feeling too - they took my favourite part of the game, a prologue, and blew it up to a 40-60 hour extravaganza. If the rest of the installments are even half as good, I'm all for it.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Not sure why LOTR is relevant here -- those are books being adapted to cinema. The Eva comparison is much better. I do think there is more of a barrier for modern players to experience the og FF7 than there is for people to experience the original Eva, though. Those blocky character models from the og will look downright laughable to modern/younger gamers, and you also have the whole turn-based system, the lack of voice acting, etc.

Moon, I agree with you actually, I never wanted a remake either. That is why I am interested in seeing more and more changes, because (as Twilight pointed out) the farther away from the OG, the less of a 'replacement' it can be. I mean that may already have taken place due to the ending of P1, but it feels like P2 may go even farther in that direction...
I believe the TLotR movies get used as a comparison because the medium of video games (particularly triple AAA ones) has changed so significantly over the past 2+ decades, that a not insignificant amount of people feel the art/process of adapting a book to screen is similar enough to be comparable with the Remake’s situation. Also The Hobbit movies in particular I think are being compared since like the Remake, the Hobbit films significantly split up and expanded/added to what was originally a single installment story.

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I saw someone do a chapter breakdown of what they expect from part two earlier, and thought it was a cool idea. My own:

Chapter 1: The Genesis of a Hero [Genesis is awakened when the Whispers are defeated. He realises that the time has come to redeem himself, and thus sets out to join Cloud and the others on their quest to stop Sephiroth.]

Chapter 2: The Rhapsody of Redemption [Genesis saves Cloud and co from a dangerous enemy on the world map, and thus earns redemption and their trust.]

Chapter 3: The Return [Zack is able to travel through from his alternate timeline and enter the main one. He reunites with Kunsel, his best friend.]

Chapter 4: Back to the Future [Genesis explains that one version of Sephiroth is ripping portals in time and corrupting timelines in his quest to win. Another version of Sephiroth is trying to help and turn over a new leaf. They decide to team up with the GoodRoth.]

Chapter 5: The Fellowship [GoodRoth, Genesis, Cloud and co all meet in Junon. They swear to defeat EvilRoth. To be continued in Part Three, set to release in 2030.]

Last edited:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Poke fun if you want, guys, but we're going to see her again. I'm as close to one hundred percent sure as I can be without having played the next games yet.
Long before I became aware of...certain people’s obsessions, I also assumed she’d be back in some capacity whether through flashbacks or whatever timeline shenanigans we’re getting into. I would hope expectations from...certain people...won’t be too high for what’s to come, but I’m not convinced a Cloud x Jessie end is likely.

a_apple 2.0

Pro Adventurer
AKA
a_apple
i was wondering if we might get a Tifa DLC or something, like for that part where Cloud was gone and she tried to infiltrate Don? Jessie being alive would be pretty huge since she was the only one of the Avalanche trio that we were told by the game is as dead as she can be

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I have played enough Legacy of Kain to be up for time distortion hijinks, but that series sets such a high bar that if you're going to go there, you better do it right.

Edit: The VAs look like their characters, that's a bit unsettling.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
So the remake was dubbed by Skylark Sound Studios https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake/
and people seem to have found out that the studio Britt and Erica are in is their recording room http://www.skylarksound.com/Studio.html

it looks like whatever those both are recording it's really for the remake:monster:
FFVIIR 1.99989 # Revival DLC is going to be so good.

I can't wait to play as Jessie while she falls in love with Zack as well

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet, but I'm gonna speculate anyway lol.

They did mention somewhere that there was originally going to be a scene with Tifa beforw leaving for Wall Market where Jessie helps her get ready, or something like that, but that it got cut for time. If they do DLC for part 1 that adds new scenes, that could be what they're recording for.

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Big Jessie fan, but part of me dreads to think what a certain Twitter account will look like if she does come back... ?

Reactions: Wol
Top Bottom