Pretend DoC NEVER happened.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Nomura did do the designs, but was told to put her in a more revealing outfit by the director or someone else.

Yuffie's AC design (or just the pattern on her outfit?) was done by a woman, I think.

I could have sworn that Nomura once said that it was Yuffie's DoC outfit that was done by a woman.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I could have sworn that Nomura once said that it was Yuffie's DoC outfit that was done by a woman.

Nope, it was the AC outfit.
It was said in the AC director's commentary.

Yuffie’s clothing wasn’t designed by Nomura but by the female staff., following the Japanese taste. Even though it wasn’t his own design, he liked Yuffie’s clothing the best out of all the characters.

From Xcomp's site.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'd rather DoC just never happened.

If they wanted to make a shooting game, they should have just made a new ip, that coulda had it's own unique stories and characters.

I'd preferred that over more Vincent wanking over his past failures and the cheerleader ending he got from avalanche.

YOU CAN DO IT VINCENT RA! RA!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'd rather DoC just never happened.

If they wanted to make a shooting game, they should have just made a new ip, that coulda had it's own unique stories and characters.

I'd preferred that over more Vincent wanking over his past failures and the cheerleader ending he got from avalanche.

YOU CAN DO IT VINCENT RA! RA!

What he said.

Some elements were good and could've been used in other titles, like Omega. I really liked the concept of Omega...

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Lol, Shera is not the bikini girl. I have no idea why people think that. I think it's the exact silhouette of that chick truckers have on their mudflaps.

By having a "minor role" in DoC I mean the mention she got if you talked to Cid over 9000 times.

Victoria said:
They're "married" in the US version. (Which tends to mess 80% of games up) According to the japanese version Cid just has "feelings" for her or some crap like that.
And yet...

Number of versions in which Cid says he is married to Shera: 1
Number of versions in which Cid says he is actually a closet homosexual with a raging hard on for Vincent: 0

Just in case you forgot the score. Shera seems to be winning this one. I dare say it might stay that way.

Last edited:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Yuffie and Barret were designed by a fashion designer for AC, IIRC.

A lot of the designs for DC were actually done by Yusaku Nakaaki, and another female member of the staff (probably Yukio Nakatani?), with Nomura doing the finishing touches so everything matched stylistically. I can't say how much of Shalua's design was Nomura's, but I know it started with Nakaaki, moved to the female staff member, and then he finished it.

Grimoire's design was entirely by Nakaaki, I believe, except for the face, which Nomura redid because it was a different style.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
And yet...

Number of versions in which Cid says he is actually a closet homosexual with a raging hard on for Vincent: 0

Just in case you forgot the score. Shera seems to be winning this one. I dare say it might stay that way.

Shera and Cid also seem pretty exclusive in Case of Barret. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Except for Metal Gear Solid 4.

Which was pretty much awful and forced in that aspect.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Tennyo said:
Shera and Cid also seem pretty exclusive in Case of Barret.
Oh no that means nothing. Sort of like how Cloud and Tifa living together and raising children means he's really in love with Aeris. If Cid only says he's married to Shera in one version of the game and not all of them, it means he's actually gay for Vincent. I mean that's just logical.

VivaLaValenwind

Moogle Hunter
AKA
VictoriaValentine, SirYab
Lol, Shera is not the bikini girl. I have no idea why people think that. I think it's the exact silhouette of that chick truckers have on their mudflaps.

By having a "minor role" in DoC I mean the mention she got if you talked to Cid over 9000 times.

And yet...

Haha i think you have an vendetta against my liking of Valenwind, and yes i know it's likely that Cid likes Shera (i'm not THAT stupid ya knows) :P I never said that he'd wouldn't end up with her but factually speaking he's not married to her and i don't mean to encourage anyone to believe that he is gay (Thats just my own preferance). More to the point no Shera is not a bikini girl but a lab engineer one. Im assuming people get her mixed up with Lucrecia cause of the labcoat and brown hair. I dunno i always imagined her to be a nerdy version of Aerith/Lucrecia.
scan0009.jpg

I think they should've at least showed her in DOC so that we would all have an idea of what she actually looks like but alas SE apparently likes to focus on new characters instead of old ones :(...So i think we need a CG or at least updated sketch from Nomura of what Shera looks like instead of a pixelated person from 1997

Shera and Cid also seem pretty exclusive in Case of Barret. :monster:
I thought that part was cute :D I have to say Cid's comment about women wearing the pants made me laugh. XD Ah yes and does anyone know if they're doing an arc for a "case of" Vincent? Cause i know that its only based on Tifa Barret and bitchass Denzel :*

Last edited:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
They did do a "Case of Vincent."

They called it "Dirge of Cerberus."

Wait, didn't we discuss this before?

Anyway, I pretty much agree with (and adore!) your rendition of Shera there except that I don't think she needs the Aeris/Lucrecia/Sephiroth bangs. There's enough of those in FF7 already, and since Lucrecia has long bangs I think Shera should stay away from them. Keep her with the eye-length kind.

Besides, Aeris, Sephiroth, and Lucrecia were all given the same kind of bangs for a specific reason, and for Shera to have them too wouldn't quite fit in since she's totally not related to that reason in any way whatsoever.

Why isn't that Shera in your DA gallery? And colored?

And making out with Cid?

Cloudtail4ever

The shy n' quiet one :P
DoC could've been a good game...if it didn't have anything to do with FFVII, had completely new characters, and all that stuff.

It just doesn't flow with FFVII, in my opinion. It seemed like SE was stretching FFVII TOO FAR. Crisis Core was great, Advent Children was great, but Dirge of Cerberus was...meh. I pretty much hate shooters, the only reason I played it was because it's in the Compilation. I've only beat it once, as opposed to beating FFVII 4 times, CC 8 times, and watching AC countless times. And, I have no intentions of going back and playing through DoC again.

Also, the whole "GO VINCENT! YEY!" thing was...well...
It made me
:facepalm:

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Vincent I think is gonna be in one of the cases, like Cid was in Case of Barrett without actually having one based on himself. I'm guessing he'd either be with Yuffie or Red XIII.

VivaLaValenwind

Moogle Hunter
AKA
They did do a "Case of Vincent."

They called it "Dirge of Cerberus."

Wait, didn't we discuss this before?

Anyway, I pretty much agree with (and adore!) your rendition of Shera there except that I don't think she needs the Aeris/Lucrecia/Sephiroth bangs. There's enough of those in FF7 already, and since Lucrecia has long bangs I think Shera should stay away from them. Keep her with the eye-length kind.

Besides, Aeris, Sephiroth, and Lucrecia were all given the same kind of bangs for a specific reason, and for Shera to have them too wouldn't quite fit in since she's totally not related to that reason in any way whatsoever.

Why isn't that Shera in your DA gallery? And colored?

And making out with Cid?

Well i figured might as well pull a nomura and make most of the characters have similar hairstyles :P I'm not too into drawing couples cause i'm too lazy to either draw her by herself or with Cid. The part with the case of vincent being doc is kinda weak considering how most of us care talking about how it should've been changed :P

DoC could've been a good game...if it didn't have anything to do with FFVII, had completely new characters, and all that stuff.

It just doesn't flow with FFVII, in my opinion. It seemed like SE was stretching FFVII TOO FAR. Crisis Core was great, Advent Children was great, but Dirge of Cerberus was...meh. I pretty much hate shooters, the only reason I played it was because it's in the Compilation. I've only beat it once, as opposed to beating FFVII 4 times, CC 8 times, and watching AC countless times. And, I have no intentions of going back and playing through DoC again.

It made me

I have to agree with you, althoiugh i do love Vincents background, DOC didn't have the final fantasy feel to it which i can't really discribe :( If they do a case of Yuffie i'm pretty sure Vin's gonna be in it just cause SE likes to put those two together for some reason...i'm assuming cause they were both optional XD ....AND ITS THE STAR TREK MAN AGAIN!

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
:( If they do a case of Yuffie i'm pretty sure Vin's gonna be in it just cause SE likes to put those two together for some reason...i'm assuming cause they were both optional XD ....AND ITS THE STAR TREK MAN AGAIN!

They ARE and I believe have already released a Case of Yuffie, Red XIII, Lifestream, Shinra, and maybe one more, can't seem to remember. They're also revising the other three previously released ones. They were meant to coencide with the release of ACC.

VivaLaValenwind

Moogle Hunter
AKA
They ARE and I believe have already released a Case of Yuffie, Red XIII, Lifestream, Shinra, and maybe one more, can't seem to remember. They're also revising the other three previously released ones. They were meant to coencide with the release of ACC.

Oh shit seriously? Where? O_O

If DOC were a PSP game i doubt it'd make a difference unless they changed the entire game around. Actually i think if it was on PSP it would've sold even worse :O

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Oh shit seriously? Where? O_O

If DOC were a PSP game i doubt it'd make a difference unless they changed the entire game around. Actually i think if it was on PSP it would've sold even worse :O

Yeah, there was a post on the home page. I believe it was released on the 16th, same as ACC.

mollymillions

Lv. 25 Adventurer
What bothered me about DoC was that everything seemed so vague. I honestly expected more out of Vincent's past than just a bunch of "I'm sorries". The whole story just felt rushed, and it's clear to me that more effort was put into graphics than story/characters. I once believed that Lucretcia actually died while giving birth to Sephiroth and that her spirit was in the cave. Made the quote "I never had a chance to hold him" very sad. When I found that she was just sealed in a crystal, I felt that ruined things.

So much of Deepground was simply vague. The Online version added a bit more, but it all felt like it was just "Yea, that's Deepground". Not much else there. If such a lethal group of people is going to exist, then it should be more than just "Oh, that's Nero. He's chained to a pillar because he's too dangerous". That's it?

There's just still a lot unanswered questions.

Beyond that, I agree that Hojo should have been left alone, and that there should have been more interaction between the Tsviets, especially Nero, Weiss and Shelke.

Shinra Scientist

Hojo's Assistant
AKA
Emma
DoC messed up Hojo's character anyways.

The game should have been longer, that's for sure, and gone into more detail about the past of Deepground. Oh and should of had more levels to play as Cait Sith...though I doubt anyone agrees with me on that one. XD

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It made me

To be fair, that was intentional. All that go Speed Racer go! stuff is super unfitting of Vincent, which is why they did it. And why he jokes with the "It's time to save the world" bit, because its so unlike him.

Ravynne said:
Case of Lifestream, lol. What an awkward title.

Hey, it could be Case of 459/7 Days. Or Incredible Underwhelmingness.
There's precedent.:wacky:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
mollymillions said:
I once believed that Lucretcia actually died while giving birth to Sephiroth and that her spirit was in the cave. Made the quote "I never had a chance to hold him" very sad. When I found that she was just sealed in a crystal, I felt that ruined things.
Then you misunderstood, and that was your fault, not SE's by granting more exposure to what the story was all along. Lucrecia explicitly said in FF7 that she was not dead and couldn't die easily.

Vincent says to her, "Lucrecia, you're alive." Lucrecia says, "I wanted to die. I couldn't be with anyone. I wanted to disappear. But the Jenova inside me wouldn't let me die." Then later she also comments about Sephiroth, "I know that, like myself, he can't die so easily."

This was in FF7. I don't understand why you people had such a hard time understanding that she was alive when they spend like 5 minutes discussing that very fact.

Shinra Scientist said:
DoC messed up Hojo's character anyways.
I thought so too, and they certainly messed up his age, but since learning that his one deep line in FF7 was actually a horrible translation error (see here), I have to wonder if that's another thing that was always the case but we/I simply misunderstood from the start.

ForceStealer said:
To be fair, that was intentional. All that go Speed Racer go! stuff is super unfitting of Vincent, which is why they did it. And why he jokes with the "It's time to save the world" bit, because its so unlike him.
How do you know for sure?

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How do you know for sure?

Because no where else in the Compilation do they do anything like that, and yet they do it for the character is the perfect antithesis to that kinda behavior? I never once considered it serious, come on. Vincent laughs (or whatever you call that "heh" thing) when he says it!

Top Bottom