• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[Rankings] 7 Best Moments From [Insert Character] In VII Remake

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Not when virtually every interaction with the rest of the forum, always regarding the same character, results in a massive argument, no.
That's not the character's fault, though. Why blame the character?

Jairus

Cloud
(1) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(5) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(6) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(7) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(4) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(2) Trying to scare Aerith at their first meeting "so keep your distance"
(3) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

Barret
(7) Barret's aftermath of the Sector 7 plate
(6) Chapter 2 speech
(3) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(2) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(4) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(5) Singing the battle theme
(1) Chapter 18. "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destiny's eye"

Aerith
(7) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(6) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(4) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(5) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(3) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(2) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(1) Aerith attempting to keep it together and remain stoic under Hojo's words before letting it slip when he leaves. Intense!

Tifa
(1) The Chun-Li dress
(5) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(3) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(6) The drink scene at the bar where she feels 'trapped'
(4) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(7) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(2) Relationship with Marle

Other
(5) Jessie - holding onto Cloud during the motorcycle segment
(7) Jessie - kissing Cloud and causing his brain to shut down for a few seconds
(6) Jessie - her guilt about the bombs when she's dying
(4) Jessie - apologizing to Cloud for not getting him on the Reactor 5 mission
(3) Jessie - taking out the Shinra chopper all by herself
(2) Jessie - admitting how guilty she feels about the bombs while on the bike with Cloud
(1) Jessie - flirting in Reactor 1 - her "You're choosing me over the reactor?" line
There. 7 moments for an NPC. Should've thought of them earlier, but there you are. Actually surprised not one other person mentioned Jessie's death and the guilt she felt. I had thought of it when doing the nominations, but hadn't put it down because that scene isn't something that's easy for me to think about or watch, for personal reasons that have nothing to do with her or the game. I know technically the nominations are closed, but since that's still enough moments, I hope you'll do what you said you'd do, Claymore.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
That's why I suggested subgroups as an alternate approach - such as Turks and Shinra Execs. 5 moments collectively for the Turks, for example, shouldn't be hard to come up with. Why does that keep getting overlooked?

The Turks haven't been nominated once (beyond Tseng helping make scenes for other characters), which tells me that their screentime didn't warrant it's very own video.

Oh and Ry, you've just shown you seem to be completely unable to separate a character from those talking about him or her.

Also, if 5 is to high for an NPC to have enough moments like you said, Roger, then Claymore should never have set the bar that high for an NPC to get their own video.
We do top VII rankings, Jairus. You can look at the Youtube channel or this section of the forum. That's really not on Claymore.
That's not the character's fault, though. Why blame the character?
No one is punishing the character. Jessie is treated like same as any of the other non playable characters.

Reactions: LNK

Jairus

The Turks haven't been nominated once (beyond Tseng helping make scenes for other characters), which tells me that their screentime didn't warrant it's very own video.
Keep in mind that characters other than the mains were made optional to come up with moments for. If they'd been made obligatory like the mains, I'm sure more moments would've been thought of.

We do top VII rankings, Jairus. You can look at the Youtube channel or this section of the forum. That's really not on Claymore.
Alright. I misunderstood. Thought it was his thing because he made the thread.

No one is punishing the character. Jessie is treated like same as any of the other non playable characters.
I'm not talking about the contest here. I'm talking about Ry seeming to not like her anymore because of stuff that's gone on related to her that the character itself didn't do. I was talking about her separating the character from stuff that's happened here related to her, is all.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Cool ranking system, anyways here are my choices.

CLOUD

(5) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(10) Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
(6) That dance with Rhodea
(7) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(4) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(1) Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
(8) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(9) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(2) Trying to scare Aerith at their first meeting "so keep your distance"
(3) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

BARRET

(7) Barret's aftermath of the Sector 7 plate
(6) Chapter 2 speech
(5) Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
(8) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(3) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(9) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(2) After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
(10) Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
(4) Singing the battle theme
(1) Chapter 18. "Wouldn't be the first time I spit in destinys eye"

AERITH

(4) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(8) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(9) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(1) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(5) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(6) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(3) Gambling habits with Chocobo Sam
(7) Aerith attempting to keep it together and remain stoic under Hojo's words before letting it slip when he leaves. Intense!
(2) Intro scene. The way the music kicks in as she holds out the flower to Cloud

TIFA

(9) Her resolution scene
(1) The Chun-Li dress
(4) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(7) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(6) The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
(2) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(3) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(5) Relationship with Marle
(8) The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

THE 7 BEST MOMENTS FOR OTHER CHARACTERS

(7) Red XIII - trying to smile
(6) Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate
(5) Johnny - the sauce!
(4) Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection
(3) Rufus - every scene he is in
(2) Biggs - his death scene
(1) Cait Sith - The one and only scene he is in!

AKA
Alex
btw, I forgot my other rankings.

:quote:

(7) Jessie - she exists
(6) Jessie - wanting to get a pizza after visiting her parents' house
(5) Jessie - the secret third harem girl
(4) Jessie - "That's sweet, but why don't you go blow her mind instead?" in Reactor 1
(3) Jessie - she's an actress OHMYGOD
(2) Jessie - her death scene
(1.5) Jessie - yes, they made her a real waifu, stop asking
(1) Jessie - the kiss scene, a.k.a. "the scene that launched a thousand ships"

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Read 'em and weep.

CLOUD
(2) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(4) Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
(1) That dance with Rhodea
(10) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(3) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(8) Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
(7) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(9) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(6) Trying to scare Aerith at their first meeting "so keep your distance"
(5) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

BARRET
(8) Barret's aftermath of the Sector 7 plate
(7) Chapter 2 speech
(6) Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
(10) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(5) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(4) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(2) After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
(3) Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
(9) Singing the battle theme

AERITH
(7) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(2) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(9) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(3) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(8) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(4) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(1) Gambling habits with Chocobo Sam
(6) Aerith attempting to keep it together and remain stoic under Hojo's words before letting it slip when he leaves. Intense!
(5) Intro scene. The way the music kicks in as she holds out the flower to Cloud

TIFA
(8) Her resolution scene
(9) The Chun-Li dress
(5) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(6) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(4) The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
(1) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(3) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(2) Relationship with Marle
(7) The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

(7) Jessie - kissing Cloud and causing his brain to shut down for a few seconds
(6) Sephiroth - killing President Shinra
(5) Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection
(4) Scarlet - kneeing the news reporter in the balls
(3) Johnny - ass kicked in the colliseum
(2) Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate
(1) Cait Sith - The one and only scene he is in!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Thank you to everyone who has submitted their rankings so far!

Based on the collective data so far, the 7 Best Character Moments that will feature in the 'Others' Ranking video will be:

(30) Rufus - every scene he is in
(22) Johnny - the sauce!
(20) Red XIII - Making fun of Barret
(20) Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate
(19) Biggs - his death scene
(18) Red XIII - trying to smile
(18) Hojo - psychologically torturing Aerith with descriptions of her mother's dissection

Rufus has definitely left an impact on everyone!

You still have time to submit your rankings and change the outcome! Just missing out on the Top 7 so far are:

(13) Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
(13) Jessie: The motorcycle "kiss" scene
(11) Roche - second duel "push it past the redline"

Jairus

Claymore, what about the extra Other lists crazy and I submitted? And why did you put 7 as a threshold number for an Other character to get a video when it would be near impossible for most to ever get close to that number anyway? The threshold should've been lower to give them a better chance of getting it.

Oh, and why does Biggs' death matter and Jessie's doesn't? I guess Aerith is the only girl whose death is allowed to affect people?

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Jessie's death wasn't even an option because nobody suggested it. We suggested the bike scene instead. I think I was one of the people who suggested Biggs' death scene.

Look, @Jairus, I know you want Jessie represented in the video. Stop fighting the set up and just vote for her. Her scene is still a contender if you and a few others were to rank it highly.

Jairus

What i'm saying is that her death apparently wasn't memorable enough or good enough for it to be remembered here and nominated. If anyone wants to prove otherwise, then please change your votes.

And Ody, i did vote. Didn't you see the list of 7 Jessie moments i submitted above? It's enough to meet Claymore's guidelines, so he should do what he said he would do if an Other character had enough moments. Crazy submitted a similar list as well.

But, just in case...
(7) Jessie: The motorcycle "kiss" scene
(4) Rufus - every scene he is in
(3) Johnny - the sauce!
(5) Red XIII - Making fun of Barret
(1) Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
(2) Red XIII - trying to smile

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Claymore, what about the extra Other lists crazy and I submitted?

Your entire post of nominations were null and void.

For the main characters, you categorised them into only 7 moments and allocated 7 points. That is not in the guidelines that I outlined. Those rankings are void and have not been included in my ongoing calculations.

For the other characters, you threw in your own nominations and rankings, all of which were for a single character. Unfortunately, the nominations period - which lasted an entire week - had expired. As you are aware, we are now in the rankings phase of the event. I am not accepting any new nominations, or resetting the entire event, to accommodate a single individual. Unfortunately, TLS community did not offer up seven unique Jessie moments for consideration, which meant that we will not be getting a solo Jessie video.

Those are the rules and guidelines which even I abide by. In the second post of this very thread I highlighted how gutted I was that a great Barret moment was forgotten by me and not picked up by anyone else. I didn't bend or throw out the rules to accommodate my own whims. That is the way it goes sometimes.

I've explained the format and the rules for this community event. As has been mentioned, please stop fighting it and embrace it. Otherwise, I am again asking you to leave.

And why did you put 7 as a threshold number for an Other character to get a video when it would be near impossible for most to ever get close to that number anyway? The threshold should've been lower to give them a better chance of getting it.

We are in a FF VII fandom. We do things out of VII. That is our thing. Please check out similar video content available over on our YT channel if you believe that this is something that I am purposely setting up to specifically target and disadvantage 'other' characters. It isn't.

And Ody, i did vote. Didn't you see the list of 7 Jessie moments i submitted above? It's enough to meet Claymore's guidelines, so he should do what he said he would do if an Other character had enough moments. Crazy submitted a similar list as well.

Please read above.

But, just in case...
(7) Jessie: The motorcycle "kiss" scene
(4) Rufus - every scene he is in
(3) Johnny - the sauce!
(5) Red XIII - Making fun of Barret
(1) Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
(2) Red XIII - trying to smile

Now that you have finally followed the guidelines I can happily accept those rankings for the Other category at least. Thank you.

Jairus

Your entire post of nominations were null and void.

For the main characters, you categorised them into only 7 moments and allocated 7 points. That is not in the guidelines that I outlined. Those rankings are void and have not been included in my ongoing calculations.

I misunderstood about that and thought we were supposed to pick 7.

For the other characters, you threw in your own nominations and rankings, all of which were for a single character. Unfortunately, the nominations period - which lasted an entire week - had expired. As you are aware, we are now in the rankings phase of the event. I am not accepting any new nominations, or resetting the entire event, to accommodate a single individual. Unfortunately, TLS community did not offer up seven unique Jessie moments for consideration, which meant that we will not be getting a solo Jessie video.

Those are the rules and guidelines which even I abide by. In the second post of this very thread I highlighted how gutted I was that a great Barret moment was forgotten by me and not picked up by anyone else. I didn't bend or throw out the rules to accommodate my own whims. That is the way it goes sometimes.

I've explained the format and the rules for this community event. As has been mentioned, please stop fighting it and embrace it. Otherwise, I am again asking you to leave.

The point was to show that enough moments were available that she could have. And also that TLS as a community doesn't seem to view at least some of them as memorable enough to include in a thing like this or care about. One character's death matters, but another's apparently doesn't, for example.

We are in a FF VII fandom. We do things out of VII. That is our thing. Please check out similar video content available over on our YT channel if you believe that this is something that I am purposely setting up to specifically target and disadvantage 'other' characters. It isn't.

I never said you were targeting anyone. Only that in this instance, you could have made the threshold lower so Other characters would've had a much better chance of getting their own video. You should've realized that 7 would be too high and made an exception - an adjustment you can still make. Unless you want to come off as inflexible and unreasonable.

If you had made the Others category mandatory like the PC categories, more moments would have been thought of and submitted. Being optional automatically meant they'd get less. Instead of starting the contest over, you could simply extend the nominations period for another week, make the Others category mandatory, and push back this phase, retaining the tallied results so far and adding any new successful nominations to the rankings lists.

If TLS truly cares and likes characters other than just the playable ones, then they should have an event or contest of some kind where only NPC's are eligible and PC's are not, to give those other characters some real attention for once instead of just being an optional add-on.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
If TLS truly cares and likes characters other than just the playable ones, then they should have an event or contest of some kind where only NPC's are eligible and PC's are not, to give those other characters some real attention for once instead of just being an optional add-on.

Most of my favorite characters are NPCs. I don't care in the slightest that they don't have their own event. This is just for fun and not meant to be taken seriously... I don't understand why it's so upsetting.

Jairus

Doesn't actually answer what I said, you know. Might want to try that.

And Ry, my point was that things like these are only ever thought of with the PC's in mind. I'd just like to see one focused only on the NPC's for once, that's all. As something different and a break from the norm.

Jairus

Or maybe try not to fight every suggestion that's made? Maybe even give them a listen for once? Might want to try it sometime. And I've never demanded that everyone agree with me about things.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Main cast:
CLOUD

Assign 10 points. 10 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(6) Cloud-In-A-Dress quickly cutting Tifa off - yes, he nailed it!
(9) Reaction to expensive hand-massage session
(8) That dance with Rhodea
(3) Mowing down soldiers with Hardy Daytona in the Shinra HQ lobby
(7) Comforting Biggs - "this isn't over"
(2) Facing off against Corneo's thugs in chapter 3 "like I give a shit"
(5) "Really sorry about your ass" line to Wedge
(4) Throwing his sword through the glass wall to shatter it during the escape from Shinra HQ
(1) Trying to scare Aerith at their first meeting "so keep your distance"
(10) Refusing to give Barret false hope with regards to Marlene

BARRET

Assign 10 points. 10 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(8) Barret's aftermath of the Sector 7 plate
(2) Chapter 2 speech
(5) Barret's reaction to Marlene remembering not to talk to strangers line to Cloud at Seventh Heaven
(6) Climbing the Shinra HQ stairs
(10) The "I was wrong about you scene" to Cloud
(7) "They were supposed to return ... to us."
(4) After the Jenova talk, Barret's "I don't give a shit about any of that" as he is focused on Shinra
(9) Chapter 16 - his "a good man is not without sin" during the elevator ride and his "terrible but beautiful" speech about the view of Midgar
(3) Singing the battle theme

AERITH

Assign 9 points. 9 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(2) Aerith's "permission to kill" line followed by Cloud's "denied" at the Don Corneo mansion
(6) Retrieving Marlene from Seventh Heaven / deal with Tseng
(1) Aerith falling from the ladder - shit!
(3) The predator and prey banter with Cloud
(9) Going all WWE on the Corneo thug with the chair
(8) The "in this moment, I need to know I did everything I could" speech. Powerful
(5) Gambling habits with Chocobo Sam
(7) Aerith attempting to keep it together and remain stoic under Hojo's words before letting it slip when he leaves. Intense!
(4) Intro scene. The way the music kicks in as she holds out the flower to Cloud

TIFA

Assign 9 points. 9 = Best Moment. 1 = Least Favourite Moment.

(9) Her resolution scene
(1) The Chun-Li dress
(3) The "lessons from the ground floor" during Sector 7 navigation / orientation
(5) Comes back to save Cloud from falling from the top floor of Shinra HQ
(6) The drink scene at the bar where she fells 'trapped'
(2) "Now the slums should be safe!" goofy moment after her first mission with Cloud
(7) Telling the Shinra Manager she doesn't want anyone to be hurt
(4) Relationship with Marle
(8) The talk in their room before you pick her dress. "do you even have fancy clothes" - felt like a real conversation between friends

I like practically every event that was nominated, so marking some as my "least favorite" is a tad deceptive :P

Other:
THE 7 BEST MOMENTS FOR OTHER CHARACTERS

(1) Wedge - Supporting his cats during platefall
(2) Sephiroth - killing President Shinra (I prefer the OG's representation of this, but it was still really good)
(3) Johnny - the sauce!
(4) Marlene - Seventh Heaven rescue via Aerith
(5) Wedge - When he confronts the guards to let people evacuate
(6) Red XIII - trying to smile
(7) Roche - second duel "push it past the redline"

Jairus

So I guess most people here don't really like Jessie, then. Feel free to prove me wrong by changing your votes, folks. That's the only way. Otherwise, my statement stands. Simply saying you do but not doing anything about it doesn't show it.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
So I guess most people here don't really like Jessie, then. Feel free to prove me wrong by changing your votes, folks. That's the only way. Otherwise, my statement stands. Simply saying you do but not doing anything about it doesn't show it.
I know that this backs up your point, but I do like Jessie quite a bit even if I didn't vote for her nominated moments. But there's a caveat.

She's the most developed out of the AVALANCHE crew. If Jessie's moments during the visit to her parents' house were nominated, I would've put those at the top of my "other" list, because that was the strongest scene any secondary character got.

Top Bottom