• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Red Dead Redemption

Purple

Charmed
I don't mind the wait

2018 looking pretty good, God of War, RDD, Detroit Become Human, TLOUS 2 and possibly, dare I say, Kingdom Hearts 3? LOL

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I just want to know if they fixed travel times; I felt like the original was mostly a tl;dr long horseback riding in emptiness simulator. Not like GTA in the wild west.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
38746704_10156573810355097_2469201059524902912_o.jpg

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Key Notes:

* XBX runs in native 4K
* PS4 Pro 1920 x 2160
* XBX best performance with a few drops in towns
* PS4 Pro next best thing with solid framerate in wilderness but again dropping some frames in towns.
* PS4/XB One have better overall performance than RDR1 had in 360/ps3 hardware. There are drops even to the low-mid 20s at some points though.
* Visual parity in terms of rendering for all versions. (same assets/foliage etc)
* PS4 1080p
* XB One 864p
* No evidence of dynamic resolution in any of the versions tested.
* DF consider the game a stunning achievement regardless and believe the XBX X version is the best and by a considerable margin.

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I've tried not to read too many reviews, but I'm blown away by all the comments about the technical achievements with this game and the beautifully crafted open world design that is unmatched. That you can still find new things to surprise you 50+ hours in is simply outstanding.

Game is on the way today, can't wait to try it after work.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I've barely even started, but my jaw simply continues to drop every minute within this game. Painstakingly crafted doesn't even come close to describing it. Really enjoying the slow burn to the opening segment, with the multiple mechanics and activities gradually being introduced, and more importantly, introducing you to every member of the gang.

The dynamic context-sensitive controls brings so much more nuance to every situation. The only downside to this is that you have to be both quick and careful with these selections during tense moments. But I certainly wouldn't change it. It has made the world, and you're part in it, feel really alive, immersive and interactive.

Unlike with vehicles in GTA, the bonding mechanics which they have introduced have already made me feel for my horse, needing to be a little more aware and careful during my traversal.

Just blown away so far.

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm too lazy to check, is there a PS4 demo for this game? I have a feeling it's too 'left stick forward jerking' for my thumb to handle :P so I want to try it out before buying it :)

Tenshin26100

A fan of Betas/Demos
This game took my breath away, to the point I sometimes get amazed by a bunch of pixels on my screen. The attention to details is just mind blowing, and makes the whole experience something that you won't forget anytime soon. Played a few hours only, but I loved it so far. Definetly the type of game that you'll spend weeks to clear by playing it casually like me ! :)

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm afraid not.
It sorted itself out anyway because my boyfriend was curious about it too so we just bought it, chances are at least one of us will finish it :monster:

(But seriously 90 GIG?!! What is it about these western games and being bloated? I'm sure it has a good reason yadda yadda but I'm looking at the massiveness that is Yakuza 0 and it's sub 30. Them Japanese must be doing something right.
(Heck. Wrong thread to say this, but now I remember I was going to buy Yakuza Kawami. If I hate Red Dead and my boyfriend loves it I probably won't be playing it until Christmas lol)

Top Bottom