Remake expectations this winter

Lex

Administrator
rumour article time

EDIT: Nope, it's fake. Last year's trailer has that title and is on the same page. I'll screenshot and update.

zAw8vXK.png

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, we get the glitchy flashbacks with Cloud that seem to be more like a digital glitch than a fade-to-white, so I'm thinking that they might play around with some Crisis Core-like Gameplay element that directly tie into the game.

Goddamn that looks beautiful though.

X :neo:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I hope someone is recording what you guys are seeing right now. Fuck I'm so excited. :excited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Lex

Administrator
I still think a 2017 release is unlikely. I've said since the beginning they'll target 2017, but I don't think they'll make it. And if they do, it'll be the very very end.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I still think a 2017 release is unlikely. I've said since the beginning they'll target 2017, but I don't think they'll make it. And if they do, it'll be the very very end.

Same, 2017 still seems too early for a game of this size even if it would match up nicely with the 20th anniversary. If does somehow end releasing in 2017 it would have to be, like Lex said, at the end of the year (Nov-Dec) during the holiday season. A release in 2018 (or even early 2019) just seems more likely.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I honestly think that they will follow up on the announcement with something unexpected and internet breaking. I don't think they are going to fall back on the momentum since they know how important this is. I'm fully expecting a flash / glimpse of the battle system.

I am so stoked that my feeling was correct. Woke up this morning with the biggest grin on my face and I'm like ... "people will be talking about VII today", lol.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I still think a 2017 release is unlikely. I've said since the beginning they'll target 2017, but I don't think they'll make it. And if they do, it'll be the very very end. I owe Channy five dollars.

fixxed :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IDK, 2017 seems doable to me, they've already been working on it for a while, the engine is done (are they still using the Unreal engine? I thought I read something about that, and else it's the XV engine which should also be done already), they seem to have the basics for the combat system etc set up, and now it's a matter of building the content - basically a fuckton of modeling and level design / scripting. Which can be parallelised, i.e. just add a lot of people.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
If they need more time, I hope they'll know not to rush. The fans have waited over a decade, they can wait an extra year if it means a better game. I don't really know how much time various aspects of making a game are supposed to take but from the trailer it looks like they probably have enough done to finish around 2017.

Lex

Administrator
Everything they showed us in that trailer is from the first twenty (the first 5 if you're fast) minutes of FFVII. Take how much you all think they have done with a huge pinch of salt.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I would love it if it was ready for 2017. Setting your expectations means avoiding disappointment :monster:

Case in point:

I said:
I hope to see something at PS experience - I'm expecting them to show something there honestly because of last year's debacle. I actually think we should stream and commentate it if possible.

I said:
I agree with you Flint, but they did say "more to come this winter" and I think PS Experience is the perfect venue for that. My hopes are up for a little sliver of news at that event and I can't get them to go back down

I'm not expecting a new trailer, I'd be excited if they just showed the E3 trailer then spoke a little bit about it with slides or something. That's what I'm expecting, but I may be disappointed.

"THIS winter" implies to me this year, but I could be wrong about that.

I said:
If they show us some concept art for VII I think I'd brick my pants. Imagine just a big splash of conceptual Forgotten Capital or Temple of the Ancients or something. Omg. Would enjoy.

Would obviously like to be seeing more than just that though, but if that's what they've got to offer at PS experience I won't be disappointed.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I dunno man, it's already been in development for 2 years. 2 more years would not be unreasonable at all. (For a developer that isn't Square. But Square isn't even developing it - directly :monster:)

Top Bottom