Remake hopes and fears survey

Lex

Administrator
The article must be gaining traction somewhere, because there are 110 responses. For sure, it might be reddit or something. The majority of responses seem to be from off-forum people now. Ooooooooooooo we can publish actual reliable statistical data!!!! There could be standard deviations and shit!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Way ahead of you: I already have another spreadsheet with mean, median, mode and standard deviation for all the numerical answers. :D

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
The article must be gaining traction somewhere, because there are 110 responses.

Is there a way to find out where people are following the link from? For instance on tumblr I have statcounter installed so I can see what post people are coming through to visit my blog. Although it doesn't seem to tell me much about how people found my blog if it wasn't through tumblr (it will just say Google). I'm interested in seeing where the majority traffic is coming from and maybe this can help us to improve on our use of social media?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Is there a way to find out where people are following the link from? For instance on tumblr I have statcounter installed so I can see what post people are coming through to visit my blog. Although it doesn't seem to tell me much about how people found my blog if it wasn't through tumblr (it will just say Google). I'm interested in seeing where the majority traffic is coming from and maybe this can help us to improve on our use of social media?
It's been shared on Facebook by quite a few of us.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I just took the survey. It's really well done Flint. You did a good job with asking all the right questions.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
It's been shared on Facebook by quite a few of us.

I'd still like to see the numbers though. Mainly because of what Flintlock said in his post. This in particular:

Since we're not on Google News and tend not to rank very highly on anything other than highly specific web searches, social media is absolutely crucial for us in continuing to drive traffic and new members our way.

From his post I had already gathered that Facebook was one of, if not the only social media platform which is helping drum up site hits for TLS. I worded my previous post poorly. Instead of seeing where the majority of traffic is coming from, what I wanted to actually see was where we were lacking/receiving the least referrals so that maybe we could work on those specifically. But maybe this can be discussed in a different thread (I did want to post elsewhere but there seemed to be progress going on and I didn't want to derail the discussion in those threads. Lex's post here gave me the opportunity to ask).

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We can see where our front page hits come from, but there's no such tracking on the form itself, so if people have been sharing that link directly, there's no real way of knowing.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Was the website link the one that was shared the most, or the direct link to the form itself? Because if it's the former, we have some extra data thanks to Google Analytics. I also read somewhere that you should be able to copy/pasta the form itself into your webpage and use GA like that - but that would need to be tested first. Might not work with multi-page forms either.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We're up to 174 responses now, of which at least 112 have come from non-forum members. I'm going to stick to my word and read through all the responses, but it's starting to be quite a daunting task. With that in mind, I've picked a closing date: Friday the 26th of June. I'll go update the article to include that information now.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
204 responses.

ICzb.gif

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Check out the full results here! The article's a bit dry, but it contains a link to all the written responses as well, which is the more interesting part. There were just too many replies (and many of them were essay-like in length) to feature in the article.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Lol I was about to say its a bit dry. i completely missed that there was a link to read the responses. Maybe make that more prominent. I hate links buried in a wall of text.

It might make it more accessible as an article if you pick out a few responses for each section or something. It just feel a little underwhelming until you click through to read the full analysis.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I think I've taken enough time out of my holiday already to get it published, but if you (or another member of staff) wants to do just that, please go ahead.

I don't think the link is that buried; it's in the introduction. How could I make it stand out more?

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think I've taken enough time out of my holiday already to get it published, but if you (or another member of staff) wants to do just that, please go ahead.

I don't think the link is that buried; it's in the introduction. How could I make it stand out more?

Just needs to be bolded, or have a separate link under it that says Full Analysis. Important links shouldn't be confined to a single word links within a paragraph. People used to do it with download links, which bugged the hell out of me. Just my opinion.

I dont think I even have access, so I can't do much. And I have to finish a couple of projects off. :P

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Alright, I've bolded and reworded it, and added the link again at the bottom of the article. Thanks for the input.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Noticed a typo in the article: you have the wrong responses highlighted for the question about the world map. Other than that, good work :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Thanks Flint for compiling all that; I'm reading some of the responses now, but there's so much I think I need a break. :awesome:

Interesting to see that, when asked about what should be changed/added to the remake, a lot of people want more Zack. Nice to see he's so well-liked. :)

Starling

Pro Adventurer
It'd be cool if it was easier to scroll through the written responses. I can't seem to get it to scroll with the arrow keys rather than clicking on the scrolling thing.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That's Google's design, so there's nothing we can do about it, unfortunately. :(

Honestly, if I was at home, on my desktop, I would have presented the whole article in a totally different way. I'm slightly regretting not waiting another week, but I wanted to get it out there since I said I would on the podcast.

Lex

Administrator
You can always publish a secondary revision if it's something you feel strongly about. As it stands I think it's fine.

Top Bottom