Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I would've been fine with changing the narrative to introduce Red XIII much earlier.

I can't help but feel like Red is getting snubbed as he is largely absent from marketing material and playing as him in part 2 will be a footnote amongst all the other new features, locations, and party members.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, like one of the interviews linked to earlier has Kitase saying the next part should contain the major Gold Saucer scenes (so presumably that includes the date scenes), so that definitely indicate the next part including all the remaining party members.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
That's not what he said. He just said that Gold Saucer was an area he was looking forward to remaking. He didn't say anything about what part it would be (or specifically anything about the dates).
I mean it was in response to a question about future parts, and that stuff was still being decided. Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 1.49.12 PM.png
I don't think it's unreasonable to interpret from context that there's an implication it's part of the stuff being considered for the next installment.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Regardless, even if there are no new party members added in part 2, it'll still be a whole game full of new features and locations, which may shine brighter than the already revealed Red XIII, which was the point I attempted to make.

Edit: I'm a big Red XIII fan so don't mind me haha.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
..... That's a strange title. And I guess sure... Technically speaking... No Compilation characters are in the Remake.

But. How come the novel is somehow not seen as part of the Compilation...? That's weird. Maybe they mean games only..? But that's still a weird delineation.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
They seem to have more or less retired the Compilation brand name, regardless. That special tote bag + pamphlet opts for the blanket term Final Fantasy VII Series instead, which includes every official piece of FFVII media, listing only AC, BC, CC, and DC as specifically part of the Compilation project.

Last edited:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Yeah the idea that Lateral Biography Turks isn't considered Compilation struck me as odd when I skimmed the Famitsu interview. I mean it directly links into Advent Children with Kadaj. Maybe books don't count lol. Though I do get the idea that the Compilation brand has more or less been put out to pasture.

Then again, maybe Nomura is just trying to make a technicality so he can say there are no Compilation characters (For now).

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Which characters from The Kids Are Alright are you hoping to see? Evan lives on the plate so there isn't much opportunity to run into him. Kyrie's backstory I'm a bit hazy on, could we run into her in the slums?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I know this isn't strictly the right thread, but I don't know where else to ask: How is the official release of The Kids Are Alright? I was thinking of getting it, but for some reason I thought it had a reputation of being an especially shoddy translation.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I know this isn't strictly the right thread, but I don't know where else to ask: How is the official release of The Kids Are Alright? I was thinking of getting it, but for some reason I thought it had a reputation of being an especially shoddy translation.
I can't speak to whatever the reputation of this particular translation may be, but I thought it was pretty darn good. At any rate, buy it to support these translations continuing. :monster:

Top Bottom