• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a32270714/final-fantasy-7-remake-yoshinori-kitase-interview

"A creative piece typically reflects the creators’ upbringing, living environment, educational environment, their sense of religion, etc., and takes shape by passing those elements through a filter—whether it be fantasy, science fiction, or anything else," he said. "As such, we try not to be particularly conscious of others, but instead concentrate on being ourselves; doing so adds that exceptional and unique individuality in the shape of the characters, the lore, the visual presentation, color palettes, etc. that makes this franchise so different from others (especially compared to Western titles)."

Are you interested in knowing Nomura's personal individuality? :wacky:

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
Y'know, Nomura has a lot of really good thoughts about storytelling and the creative process - it's a shame that he's essentially become a meme in so many corners of the internet and people won't take what he says on its own merits.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Hey, he did prevent everyone but 3 random characters from the OG from being killed (or rather, Cloud + 2 random characters). Kitase and Nojima were soooooooooooo set in killing off everyone lmao. My respect for him has been going upwards since I read that.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
As Peter Jackson after The Hobbit... great visionaries can lose their sanity over time.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Hm.....kinda like Disney in KH and Square in Versus XIII?

Jokes aside, I dont think Nomura is that "bad". He has fallen into some recurrences of his and some questionable calls, but as Eerie said, he is also probably the origin and of reason of plenty of great calls. There is a lot of stuff that goes behind the scenes unseen. A lot of executive, financial stuff too.

And a lot of amazing developers fall into that. Yoko Taro, Kojima, Myamoto. You can find "dirt" in all of them pretty much. More likely than not, their eccentricities are the reason of both their acclaimed and despised creations.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
New interview with Erica Lindbeck (Jessie's VA):
https://www.starburstmagazine.com/features/erica-lindbeck-final-fantasy-vii-remake

Quote from Erica:
"I could’ve never imagined as well how much people were going to love Jessie! I mean, you’ve already got Tifa and Aerith as the two big female characters and then for Jessie to come along and steal the spotlight if you will is amazing to see."
I'd say Tifa's VA did the best, but Jessie's was def not far behind

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
They're both good, but visually, Jessie practically jumps off the screen what with how bright and colorful she usually is. By contrast, they made Tifa pretty much a wallflower. Her outfit being mainly black and white doesn't help that, either. She blends in a lot and doesn't often stand out. Aerith is kind of in between the two, from what I've seen.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
They're both good, but visually, Jessie practically jumps off the screen what with how bright and colorful she usually is. By contrast, they made Tifa pretty much a wallflower. Her outfit being mainly black and white doesn't help that, either. She blends in a lot and doesn't often stand out. Aerith is kind of in between the two, from what I've seen.
I actually like that she doesn't stick out like Jessie does. Besides, red, black and white is my favorite color combo:)

Jenova SYNTHESE

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Matrazauber
Is this the thread to follow if i want to sta updated about additional parts of FF7(R)?

Or did the journey for this thread end when the first part of the remake was released? Exspecially since the first post seems to have not been updated?

I am basicly looking for a single source that I can follow to get information about upcomming parts of the remake to answer a certain question :?

Top Bottom