Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Found some higher quality scans of the Famitsu interview with Kitase for those who are interested. Seems like there is more info in these scans than what the Siliconera article translated, so maybe it's source (http://gamestalk.net/post-74267/) was just a summary of of the interview as well?
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_okpczagaot1vsb5ezo4_1280.jpg

I started to tackle some of this and stopped after I read this:

----
進捗はいかがですか?
"How's progress coming along?"

E3やPSXにおいて、PVでお見せしたシーンは現在もブラッシュアップを続けています。目指すべきクオリティーラインは見えてきましたが、全体量から見れば、まだまだこれからですね。
"The scenes shown in the PVs at E3 and PSX are still being brushed up. We've found the quality line we should aim for, but most of it is still to be done."
----

... :monster:

Mark your calendars for 2030? :wacky:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Found some higher quality scans of the Famitsu interview with Kitase for those who are interested. Seems like there is more info in these scans than what the Siliconera article translated, so maybe it's source (http://gamestalk.net/post-74267/) was just a summary of of the interview as well?
I started to tackle some of this and stopped after I read this:

----
進捗はいかがですか?

E3やPSXにおいて、PVでお見せしたシーンは現在もブラッシュアップを続けています。目指すべきクオリティーラインは見えてきましたが、全体量から見れば、まだまだこれからですね。
"The scenes shown in the PVs at E3 and PSX are still being brushed up. We've found the quality line we should aim for, but most of it is still to be done."
----

Mark your calendars for 2030? :wacky:
Kingdom Hearts 3 first and then FFVII Remake.

But nah, I'd say more 2019, 2020 or 2021 at the latest for the Remake.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Tres, did you see that Siliconera already published a translation? I referred to it in the article I just published (was coming here to plug it anyway, heh).

Also, I had the exact same thought when I read that they're still working on brushing up the parts of the game they showed in the trailer. We could be here for a loooong time.

cold_spirit, I hope you don't mind that I used your alternate composition in my article. I just didn't want to use the actual "key visual" as the featured image and then duplicate it in the article. I have to say, our front page looks so good right now. It's obviously no coincidence that remake images mesh well with our theme, but damn. Makes me proud.

I have another article written already based on the Shinji Hashimoto interview Theozilla posted here. I'm not sure whether to put it up tomorrow or let the current article take the spotlight for an extra day.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ah, okay. I saw your article but forgot I hadn't clicked on that link.

Well, then.

I like my translation of the wording better. :awesome:

But either way, news be ass. :wacky:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Tres, did you see that Siliconera already published a translation? I referred to it in the article I just published (was coming here to plug it anyway, heh).

Also, I had the exact same thought when I read that they're still working on brushing up the parts of the game they showed in the trailer. We could be here for a loooong time.

cold_spirit, I hope you don't mind that I used your alternate composition in my article. I just didn't want to use the actual "key visual" as the featured image and then duplicate it in the article. I have to say, our front page looks so good right now. It's obviously no coincidence that remake images mesh well with our theme, but damn. Makes me proud.

I have another article written already based on the Shinji Hashimoto interview Theozilla posted here. I'm not sure whether to put it up tomorrow or let the current article take the spotlight for an extra day.

But is the source text (this what the Siliconera article translated from, not the scans themselves: http://gamestalk.net/post-74267/ ) of the Siliconera translation the full entirety of the Famitsu interview covered in the scans? Maybe it's just the formatting/font size, but it seems to me like there were some parts of the interview (that can be seen in the scans) not covered/included in the source text the Siliconera translation used.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Oh, that could well be true. I actually hadn't thought of that. Still, while there's certainly no harm in translating it again, I don't think it's something we have to do.

Also, I came up with a solution for tomorrow's article: I can "stick" the current article to the top of the list so the new one will appear to the right. I'll leave it like that for a day or so before reverting to the default (chronological) order.

Edit: never mind, that feature doesn't work with our theme, apparently. :closedmonster:

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
cold_spirit, I hope you don't mind that I used your alternate composition in my article. I just didn't want to use the actual "key visual" as the featured image and then duplicate it in the article.

Blessing granted. It was a nice surprise to see.

Stages of the snow sculpture.

- Concept Sketch

- Miniature

- Finalized

Source for photos of final snow sculpture with four Fathers of FFVII in front: NeoGAF

The proportion on Cloud's head in the final snow sculpture is just...embarrassing. Sephiroth's head also looks a bit too small. Even if there are some limitations of snow that I should take into account, my critique of the final execution is negative.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Please don't be excited

Yeah, the way Nomura keeps telling everyone "Please be excited" is seriously a bad move, especially since we've been forced to wait for years for the games that we want to be released, and he expects us to continue to be excited?

That's why people are frustrated because he keeps saying this when at the same time expect us to wait for a decade now these days.

He should be saying, "Please be patient".

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
People should understand that Square is still a Japanese company and as such, there's a lot of "what I say" and "what I don't say" involved in everything they DO say.

So when they ask us to be excited, what they're actually saying is something along the lines of: "We may not have anything for you right now and it may take a while but it will be worth your time so keep your excitement while being patient".

Hashimoto said:
"A game like FFVII remake is not something that you can do a half hour's job on. You have to make it properly, with care and attention. It's not going to take a short time (to make). Having said that, the thing about FFXV was, there wasn't one continuous development on the game. There were lots of things going on behind the scenes that a lot of people don't know about."
I like this. This is an uplifting comment.

進捗はいかがですか?

E3やPSXにおいて、PVでお見せしたシーンは現在もブラッシュアップを続けています。目指すべきクオリティーラインは見えてきましたが、全体量から見れば、まだまだこ れからですね。
I don't like this. This is a Debbie Downing comment.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Doesn't look like anyone asked him if the DreamStation-FFVII Remake bundle will include his version of XV. It would be nice to get all the Nomura dreamware in one intangible package.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Doesn't look like anyone asked him if the DreamStation-FFVII Remake bundle will include his version of XV. It would be nice to get all the Nomura dreamware in one intangible package.
Spending resources that could be used for the next parts in the remake somewhere else instead? Sure why not?

Top Bottom