• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
Could be. Although the sentences can be interwoven in such a way that "do something in regards to the Compilation titles" refers specifically to the time shortly before, during or after the release of the Remake, it can also be interpreted as a general desire to honor the Compilation regardless of time table. Nomura's statement also says nothing about in what way Compilation canon/material may- or may not be woven into the Remake itself.

You are correct. We can't extrapolate anything clear such as content being implemented "into the Remake". That's the point we've been trying to make here. :awesomonster:

Just trying to get clarification/better understanding

I think hanging around other parts of the internet have frazzled my brain in regards to this news.

I enjoy how knowledgeable this site seems compared to other Internet forums

hian

Purist
Guess I was late. Hito already did a translation it seems. Whatever, I'll leave it here for comparison's sake.

My translation of Nomura's quote :

野村 皆さん知らないかもしれないですけど、自分は『FFVII』のリメイク版を作ってまして……(笑)。いまは『KHIII』に集中していますが、終わったらそちらにいくかと思います。リメイク発売に向けての趣向は考えていて、今日もプロデューサーの北瀬と話したところです。リメイクに付随する形で、いろいろな展開をいろいろなおじさんたちが考えています。コンピレーションタイトルについても何かできれば。ひとまず『VII』のターンをお待ちください。

Nomura :
If you all didn't know already, I am currently working on the FFVII remake (smile/laugh).
Right now I am focusing on KHIII, but when I am done with that I think I will be returning to that (lit "going there").
Just today, I was speaking to Kitase, thinking about plans/ideas for the coming salespoint of the remake.
In regards to accompanying material (to the remake), we have several geezers (old men) thinking about the various forms that might take.
If we can do something about the compilation titles(that would be good).
First and most importantly, it's VII's turn (lit. Let's wait for VII's turn first)

The only thing Nomura is saying here is
1.) They are thinking about auxilliary material for the remake (probably DLC, spin-offs and so forth. Nothing clear.)
2.) That it would be nice if they could some something with the comp material in that regards (but clearly, no concrete plans for that as of now), and
3.) That at the moment they're only working on the core title, and that everything else is in the air til it's out.

Basically, there's nothing here in terms of doing something with the comp - what he is basically saying, once they're done with the remake, it would be nice IF they could do SOMETHING with the comp material - whether that be DLC tips of hats to comp stuff, remasters or whatever, based on the phrasing, likely hasn't even entered their minds in any substantial sense.

If there are any other interesting hidden tidbits, it's that Nomura said リメイク発売に向けて, or facing the sales of the remake, (発売/hatsubai being a Japanese terms for merchandize in stores that are up for sale) which might indicate the remake is quite far along.
If they're having talks now facing once the game is in stores, that seems to suggest it can't be too far away.

The second possible tidbit is the reference to geezers (ojisan-tachi) talking about the game, given that we've seen Sakaguchi, Nomura, Kitase and Sakaguchi being pretty close the last year, and so this might be another easter-egg suggesting that once the remake is re-revealed we might be looking at something that is signed off on by almost the entire core team of the original.

Again though, the only things said for certain are the top 3.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Okay, now I understand...mostly. Thanks, Hian. Though unless Tabata lost his rights to having owned Before Crisis and Crisis Core since he directed both as well as Final Fantasy Type 0 and, of course, Final Fantasy XV and all of the DLC even though he did direct and produce them, I don't think Before Crisis will ever be remade now that Tabata has quit Square Enix which has also lost a huge amount of money due to this, which by the way is painfully huge.

Unless they can still do that without Tabata after the Remake(all three or maybe four or five parts) is completed, Before Crisis Remake/Remaster is pretty much dead. Just hope KH3 and other upcoming Square Enix can help make up for at least a little bit of the 33 millions money loss.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't think games are an industry where creators (directors/writers/etc.) tend to own the rights to their work. i mean, not even someone like hideo kojima has the rights to his most famous creations. they're considered employees more than individual artists controlling their own work, at least on the aaa scale.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Just based on intuition and many many years of having read about Japan, and interviews with Japanese Game Developers, my takeaway is this:

The answers Nomura is giving have a twofold effect:

1. To assure you that work is continuing smoothly on FF7R, without giving away what stage said work is at, or hinting at a timetable of any kind;

and

2. To draw our attention the currently-being-developed game, KHIII.

I am just sort of obliquely speculating here, so don't put too much oomph into what I'm saying, but it seems to me logical that getting too much hype going for FF7R at this point (when the release date is still not known) would draw focus away from KHIII. SE has to be careful here, because I'm certain that a lot of resources, both monetary and human, have been invested in KHIII, and FF7R is the Hype Monster To End All Hype Monsters. The comments seem carefully calculated to draw your focus to KHIII, by seeding the ground, as it were, with some sort of tidbit about FF7R, but not so much of a tidbit that you forget that he just mentioned that KHIII is currently under development as well.

The old saying goes, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." Right now, FF7R is a basket that threatens to gobble up all the eggs nomnomnomnomnomnom gulp AHHHHH

... So, they are being very shrewd in what they're letting out there, in my opinion.

Tetsuya Nomura made another comment. Waiting for translators to make sense of it.

『FFVII リメイク』の開発は『キングダム ハーツIII』の後からで、まだ進んでいない と曲解した記事を載せたサイトに野村哲也氏がコメント。 検索すると、曲解したサイトはゴゴ通信という所などいくつか出てきますね。

DsHH8bmVsAAhT3B

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
siliconera.com has an article on it:
Tetsuya Nomura: “There’s been some misinformation regarding Final Fantasy VII Remake in some parts of the Internet so I wanted to touch up on that a little.”

Famitsu asked if it came from Nomura’s recent comments about focusing on Final Fantasy VII Remake after Kingdom Hearts III, which led to some news stating “Final Fantasy VII Remake’s development has just begun, or hasn’t advanced.”

Tetsuya Nomura: “Yes. That is not official. As I said during E3, development is going favorably. I just wanted to say that the current PR priority is Kingdom Hearts III, as it was during the ARTNIA event the other day, but after that it’ll be Final Fantasy VII Remake, so please don’t worry. It has nothing to do with Dissidia Final Fantasy, but this is just about the only opportunity I can get to speak to you all directly, so I thought I’d take up a little bit of your time… I really pushed for it. [laughs]”

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/1...to-be-shared-after-khiii/#bMETCFgqOquzMX1t.99

:)

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Couldn't see this posted. It adds a little bit more to the interview:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/11/16/final-fantasy-vii-remake-update-tetsuya-nomura/

“We've seen everyone's comments and reactions to the news that Final Fantasy 7 remake will be a multi-part series and many have speculated correctly as to the reason why we have made this decision,” he said, “If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake installment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of Final Fantasy 7. We knew none of you would have wanted that."

“I hope that by explaining a little more about our design decisions that you can appreciate the size of this project and what we have planned for this remake," Kitase continued. "Going beyond the scale and depth of the world, narrative and gameplay from the original to deliver something that feels familiar yet new. As I said before, we like delivering surprises.”

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
I mean, all he can do is just wait for the approval to show something. The content he shows will get to speak for itself.

I do hope with the footage he hadn’t been able to show and the silence that there will be a large amount they will show off.

I await the inevitable trailer showing off Sephiroth

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
It won't. Unfortunately Versus has created the ability to cast even substantial looking material into doubt. So until the game is literally in people's hands in some physical demonstratable form, people will continue to doubt the progress made.

You have to take into account the circumstances surrounding Versus though.

People keep peddling Nomuras “dev cycles” when there’s no issue with them at all.

I’d say you are right though, he could give us a release date and livestream the game from start to finish and people would still come out with some trash about how it’s no where near release.

As someone who is on Reddit, I see it a lot about the game and it’s maddening that users will comment on the state of the game or Nomura without backing it up and the state “fact”.

I’m neither Nomuras biggest fan nor his biggest hater but I can’t fault his dev cycles and dedication to work.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
At one of my searches through the Net, I found an interesting message on the [name redacted] Forum. To be precise, I wanted know more about the whole CC2 vs. SE fiasco (can you call it like that?)

User [name redacted] posted this last May on the "Final Fantasy XV General News" thread, at the time were Dan Tsukasa was heavily in focus of discussion.

Here is the Link: [URL redacted]

What do you guys think about this? Should we investigate this futher?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom