Remake Merchandise (Unofficial/Unlicensed)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I saw a Tifa statue in a similar pose on that bike.

I'll give them credit for creativity.

But they fucked up Aerith's face. Especially her eyes. Her expression is hollow. No personality in what would be such a flirtatious and playful pose on Cloud's bike.

So many studios are doing the same thing, chasing the eechi collector. It really reveals the quality from the bullshit.

Odysseus

Sweet Potato
AKA
Ody
Buy one for me too.

It's for... science.
If you thought I bought that you're wrong. I got a more interesting and more official Aerith figure instead.

But they fucked up Aerith's face. Especially her eyes. Her expression is hollow. No personality in what would be such a flirtatious and playful pose on Cloud's bike.

So many studios are doing the same thing, chasing the eechi collector. It really reveals the quality from the bullshit.
I've noticed this sort of art style pop up a lot on "eechi" stuff. They look 1. nothing like the actual character, and 2. completely dead inside.
I just don't see the appeal, I'll even take butter-face official PAK Tifa over that lol.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, the crappy PAK Tifa is definitely cheaper than this Aerith lol.

However, at least you see the ugly face as it is before you purchase, so you don't end up getting tricked by Square Enix's marketing.

Alas, these are the perils of figure collecting. :monster:

Éiru

Rookie Adventurer
Hi everyone

When AC was first released I bought a copy and also bought a Tifa figurine (it’s her in her FFVII outfit; Version 2 statue). We are in the process of moving and unfortunately it’s surplus to requirement as it has been up in the attic for about 10 years in a box of stuff. At the time when I bought it I dumped the actual box so it’s been kept in a bag with it’s changeable hands, and base.

I think it is an official figurine (I am not good at these things, but it is a nice statue), but either way that isn’t a concern for me. I would just like to be able to give it to someone that would value it. I don’t want any money etc for it but it’s just a shame it’s sitting in the attic going nowhere.

I contacted The Twilight Mexican, who suggested I post it here.

I took a picture that was uploaded somewhere else to show you which one it is but I have photos on my phone - I’m just not very forum savvy so will have to figure out how to post them.

So whoever wants it let me know. I’d prefer if it went to someone who collects figures and won’t sell it on hence why I’m posting here. I’m also aware I have no clue regarding authentication hence why I’m also posting here.

Éiru

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'll sit this one out, but it sounds like you have the FFVII Play Arts of Tifa.

Is that the figure you have?

If so, it's a cute figure. I'm sure anyone interested in collecting the old school Play Arts will appreciate it. It is rare given its from 2007 and uses her original game design. The run on those figures didn't last too long either.

Top Bottom