Remake Merchandise

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL they can kiss my ass if they think I'm buying a brand new PAK for just a fucking weapon.

That's completely ridiculous. Square knows better.

It's even more redundant and stupid when you think about the fact they're releasing a new PAK Cloud with the game consistent face sculpt.... So they're releasing that one, AND this new one with the game consistent face sculpt... But this time with a Hard Edge? What the fuck, Square?

I'd seriously cancel my pre-order of the new face sculpt Cloud, and just either buy this one or say "fuck it" to both. Because this is ridiculous. Is this the strategy going forward with the Remake? A new figure that's exactly the same, save for weapon?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
am I the only ones who finds the ball/+joints on the PAK are kinda ugly? I think I have just have very specific triggers for the uncanny valley effect.

Oh you're definitely not. PAKs are divisive in the collectible figure community on that element alone. One side finds no problem with them and sees these figures as high quality sculpts and great collectibles.

Others find them cheap and totally ugly for having doll-like exposed joints. It's a turn off for some. Other figure producers try to minimize their appearance, but S-E focus on other elements.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
until figurines can have skin, that's always going to be an issue. Some higher end ones have clothes to hide the joints, but those are pricey.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The AC Tifa PAK is amazing but her joint exposure sometimes makes me go, "... It wasn't Cloud who was the puppet... It was you..." :monster:

The ball joints and their exposure is the cost of greater articulation. The biggest criticism the original Play Arts had were their low detail sculpts, limited articulation points, and overall lack of detail. PAK were a response to that criticism and each PAK is made to be able to properly recreate several memorable or dynamic poses.

Bring Arts are a response to the PAK's criticisms of being too big, too expensive and too doll jointed. They're sorta like Square's equivalent to figmas which are small but high quality figures that include numerous elements and varying hands/faces/etc to create unique poses and expressions. They're cheaper, less scarce, and don't have as many articulation points, meaning less ball joints.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
So if there's going to be "more information" about Cloud with different sword at TGS, does that mean they might announce other PAKs too? I'm still holding out hope for a certain other character lol. I just want the damned hardedge so I can recreate this classic CG render more accurately:
0f8e3d0c96daa7e69fc4a1c1838fc1f6.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Play Arts Arm packs are extremely expensive, especially the FFVII ones.

And they're not to scale to PAKs. The Hard Edge ends up looking like a dagger in the hands of the Remake PAK Cloud. LOL, it doesn't work at all.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Last edited:
I won't use Amazon. I'll try the SE store.
Edited to add: I found all the novellas for sale at Basil Blackwell Online store. I think it's no more expensive than Amazon. Shipping to Switzerland is included in the price. I've now checked the store again and found the World Preview book is available for pre-order, price 22.49 Swiss francs. I don't know how much they're charging for it online in USD.
I used to work for Basil Blackwell long ago, and I'm thrilled to have discovered they're a viable alternative to Amazon.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

So S-E did make the limited Hardedge Cloud 2.0 play arts kai available to us, and they made it cheaper too. If anyone was gonna get the Cloud 2.0 PAK with the better face, I suggest cancelling their previous pre-order and jumping on board the newer one with the Hardedge which is significantly cheaper and limited edition. :monster:

The fucking 2B Play Arts Kai is fucking amazing, and I'd get it if only I had the space and I didn't already have her limited 2P coloration already. Furthermore that Flight Unit model is fucking wow... But I dunno if I want to get it and then have to assemble and paint the dang thing. That's a bit too much of a pain for me. Also, the Vagrant Story Bring Arts finally are available for pre-order. So yeah... They've got some pretty amazing shit there.

Top Bottom