Remake Merchandise

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
The Square Enix Cafe is having an event for the remake and there's going to be all these limited goods available. Why SE? Why??

FF7R_mountainparker_meteo.jpg
FF7R_mountainparker_shinra.jpg
FF7R_bodybag.jpg
FF7R_stamp.jpg

I really want the Shinra coat :closedmonster:

Edit: to say that now I've looked through the menu, I also really want to go. Egg and Chips just like the Seventh Heaven signboard! And Don Corneo's drink to 'express the glittering atmosphere' of the man himself.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They've now reached Capcom levels of rare high-end, extremely expensive merchandise.

Granted these goods are hardly necessary to enjoy the FFVII Remake, and demonstrate it's popularity, but it's a shame since these are things that like almost nobody will be able to come even close to. Let alone obtaining.

Oh well, that's the nature of luxury level merchandise. :monster:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
It's not likely, but if I win a chronograph piece, I'm gonna die.

I wish fan cafe events was more of a thing outside of Asia. They usually give out such cool stuff during these events and they always look like it's so much fun to participate in.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Oh, this is a bit interesting. A Final Fantasy VII Series special booklet and a matching tote bag with a graphic design supervised by Nomura.

006.jpg

007.jpg

The booklet will summarize all the FFVII Series entries released thus far. They aren't using the term "Compilation of FFVII" at all. The placeholder cover artwork for the booklet is actually a Compilation of FFVII 10th anniversary illustration they did a while back.

The tote has a new design that intertwines iconic images from all the titles in the series.
So, mine arrived yesterday:

hUsHvJK.jpg

whJgPkV.jpg

xcTjLjM.jpg

The "book" is rather generously described as such, being only 15 pages. I think it should have been called a pamphlet myself. =P

K40DY2b.jpg

There's really nothing particularly special about its contents. It's just a timeline of hallmarks in the FFVII franchise's history, as denoted by its various media releases over the past 23 years. There's then a small summary for each entry over the subsequent pages:

5peJCJX.jpg

5pkNZBv.jpg

B0sYZia.jpg

YUZfkea.jpg

rPbdmyj.jpg

vgCTeFW.jpg

3BWwwwZ.jpg

I8sMqGU.jpg

What's arguably special here is that otherwise seemingly forgettable or forgotten titles like Last Order, DC Lost Episode, FFVII Snowboarding, and G-Bike have entries. The Kids Are Alright is in here too, which may surprise some of you.

Even with the blistering page-turner not being particularly noteworthy, the tote is a nifty novelty, and I love the design. It's also just nice to see SE still thinking about the Compilation, and so I'm glad to have contributed to the fandom voice that says we still care about it.

Still no FFVII chessboard (Shinra v Avalanche) I see.
And why no FFVII Monopoly? If ever a franchise lent itself to being Monopoly-ised, surely FFVII does.
I can't believe there isn't a FFVII board game. What's wrong with these nerds?
At least we'll always have the Rufus cup.
I wish they'd go the whole hog and make him a proper commemorative dinner service like the Queen gets when she has her jubilees and whatnot.
I like to think that when President Shinra died, Rufus had his body compressed into a diamond, and then put that diamond into a Shinra corporation drill bit. It's what the old man would have wanted.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Still no FFVII chessboard (Shinra v Avalanche) I see.
And why no FFVII Monopoly? If ever a franchise lent itself to being Monopoly-ised, surely FFVII does.
I can't believe there isn't a FFVII board game. What's wrong with these nerds?

The Japanese seem to consistently be more into card games and trading cards. I'm not sure if they are as into Monopoly as the west either, but I could be wrong.

I like to think that when President Shinra died, Rufus had his body compressed into a diamond, and then put that diamond into a Shinra corporation drill bit. It's what the old man would have wanted.

Meanwhile I figured he had the Turks help him personally chuck the body into a dumpster. :monster:

Top Bottom