Resident Evil Series

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Code Veronica X is my favorite Resident Evil game, but Resident Evil Zero is also really, really awesome. They are both just great so I can only speak out of bias and suggest code veronica. ;w;

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Unless someone opposes to it

my first playthrough of the RE6 campaigns will be

Leon: Me and Tiff

Chris: Kristen

Jake: Samantha

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
The most impressive Resident Evil collection I have ever seen. Mainly because that's all of it. They even have the house keys that go for crazy auction prices.

My favorite part:

5JOA1.png

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Went over to a friends place to play Umbrella Chronicles and when another friend came over and asked us what we were playing we were just

"It's called Shoot the Fucker
here's how you play it
We shoot the fucker"

There's honestly not a lot else to do though :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Playing the demo now.

It's live for everyone got Dragons Dogma but there's another way around that if you really want to play it. Sorry PSN folks, you have to wait for september to play

I uploaded it to my google drive account so if you want it be quick because my account goes down on the 8th

I'll send details to whoever pms me.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
For deets on the game, the controls are MUCH improved.

You have a dedicated melee button now which triggers a power attack after 2 successful melee hits. You can still trigger melee by shooting enemies in strategic locations however.

Shooting and moving is a GODSEND. You'll have to tweak the sensitivity to find a sweet spot but through the use of strafing you can get a great deal of headshots while on the move.

The enemies are pretty goddamn aggressive and to make up for that you now have a counter option for melee attacks and a combat dodge roll. Using the dodge roll is a bit clunky but you get used to it.

I'm gonna check out Jake's demo in a bit.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
K I beat Jakes demo with Zee and minus some difficulty getting off the ground (:awesome:) it was pretty fun and Jake and Sherry's melee capabilities are entertaining.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they have planned for mercs.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
:awesome:

i enjoy sherry's melees greatly what a gal

makes me feel slightly less shitty about not having jill

lol not really jill needs to be here
to bop chris on the head and get rid of this dumb amnesia WHAT IS THAT EVEN ABOUT???

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I noticed it in Chris' section, not much with Sherry's because I was too busy getting my ass kicked each and every time until Brent helped me.

So much for the pretense of returning to horror roots.

Meh, regenerating health doesn't have anything to do with the horror aspect imo. Horror is more about the atmosphere -- I mean, Dead Space gave you shittons of guns and armor, but that didn't stop it from being disturbing and horrific.

Leon's section of the demo has more of a classic horror tone, though. But the sections were really short and only meant to show off specific aspects (Leon with horror atmosphere, Chris with basic enemies, Jake with a boss battle).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Game doesn't have real regenerating health

It's just like Mass Effect

You have like 5 bars of health

and they regenerate when they dont completely deplete like the energy bars in Deus Ex

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Meh, regenerating health doesn't have anything to do with the horror aspect imo. Horror is more about the atmosphere -- I mean, Dead Space gave you shittons of guns and armor, but that didn't stop it from being disturbing and horrific.

Eh, but you still couldn't hide from the scary things for a couple seconds and completely undo your risk of dying for free. Atmosphere is the biggest part of a horror game, I agree, but the fear of dying/losing progress/whatever enters into it. Demon's Souls for example, not a horror game by design, but you were always at such a risk of dying entering a new room was always frightening.

However, that is better than what I'd heard that it's at least segments of health that regenerate, and not the whole thing.

Top Bottom