Resident Evil Series

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
0193wlqq6.gif

Dammit Capcom.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The RE6 demo is now out on the UK store. Playing it as we speak.

And yes, you can also play co-op in the demo.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
(...)terrible.

Have to agree. :monster:

They improved things that desperately needed improvement such as the controls but all in all the game *still* feels clunky. The camera seems too close, the cover system is terrible and the game feels even less like RE than RE5 did, Leon's campaign be damned.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm part way through. Just need to finish Jake's. Save the best for last. hehehe

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So it's out now, is it any good?

Or better question; is like RE4 (which was good) or RE5 (which was meh)? :huh:

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Just completed Leon's campaign last night (I had a pretty difficult time with Simmon's final form), and I'm halfway through Chris's and Jake's campaigns.

From what I've seen so far, it's definitely more action-oriented compared to its predecessors back in the 90's. There are about 5 chapters for each character; each chapter being about an hour long. I've heard that if you don't play the campaigns in a certain order, it can be a little confusing to follow, as some parts of the story take place before/after others.

But I'm liking it so far, the visuals are pretty good and the combat is high-paced. Gonna play some more later. tonight :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
From what I've seen/played, RE6 is to RE5 what RE5 was to RE4

I don't agree with this assessment at all.

I enjoyed Leon's campaign alone more than all of RE5.

The combat is a joy, mercenaries has the best action experience in all of the series.

The monster and boss design has been absolutely fantastic as well.

Also, I spent more than an hour on a lot of the chapters.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
So I got it.

I've found running upto a zombie and kicking it to death is easier and faster than shooting it. I found out when I ran out of ammo.
When a boot is more powerful, faster and easier than a gun then the game has some balance issues. That or I suck balls at aiming in this game. :P

I've not got very far yet, I hate the quick time events. >_>

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So I got it.

I've found running upto a zombie and kicking it to death is easier and faster than shooting it. I found out when I ran out of ammo.
When a boot is more powerful, faster and easier than a gun then the game has some balance issues. That or I suck balls at aiming in this game. :P

I've not got very far yet, I hate the quick time events. >_>

It isn't. Your guns are much faster than melee. Melee is pretty slow compared.

As long as you're getting headshots that is.

Melee's actually been kinda toned down imo, it's not as powerful as it was in RE5. Shooting is definitely safer to utilize for me.

Last edited:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Guess I just suck then. :(
Might bump the difficulty down then, this feels more like a long slog of a game.

Any advice on what upgrades to get early on?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Guess I just suck then. :(
Might bump the difficulty down then, this feels more like a long slog of a game.

Any advice on what upgrades to get early on?

what campaign are you playing?

The skills that give you more damage against a specific enemy are incredibly useful

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Leon chapter 3. How many campaigns are there? :huh:
I tend not to follow game news, at least not details.

I'm having problems being grabbed by zombies, the quick time event to escape is always being interrupted by my partner, and it damages my health. I unlocked and equipped the skill to help with this but it doesn't seem to help.

Top Bottom