smilies anyone?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I dislike making people feel alienated and put down for their beliefs and what they are, but I hate political correctness.

It clashes.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
For me, it all comes down to intent. There was no malice on the part of those smilies. Do you honestly think people using them were taking a swipe at gay/black folk? Srsly? People were using them for the same reason they use the cookie monster one. It astonishes me how someone can take offence from a tiny block of pixels.

But whatever. :hohum:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'm sure no one really intended them harshly, but regardless, if people felt offended by them, well, they are stereotypes that are used by others with derogatory intent. So yeah.

Anyway:

:joansmash:

added as :joansmash:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
tumblr_lzu39hgeFY1qbxq6qo4_250.gif

i feel like this should have been a smiley a long time ago

kudos to sami for reblogging this on tumblr

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
:backhand: maybe? I'd suggest : lightningandfanglikeitrough: but that's kinda long :awesome:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Most forums I've been on have a limit on signature size; this place doesn't, and some sigs get very big - I've seen some with multiple animations that add up to about 2 MB in total. On top of that, most pages of most threads contain some pictures in the posts, often animated. If avatars are going to be huge as well, the site won't load very quickly. That matters to me. I wouldn't want to disable all images and signatures just because some of them might be too big, which is why I'd rather see some kind of limits.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm fairly sure images are disabled on the mobile skin if you're worried about loading times, but you're literally the first person to raise complains about that. Bandwidth isn't usually a problem in 2012 unless people are browsing from phones, which is the whole reason the mobile skin exists.

edit: wait, the mobile skin here isn't the one I'm used to everywhere else. Maybe I should import the mobile skin from FFOF/FG/SO. y/n?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Trying to load pages with more than one or two images (or absolutely any gifs at all) makes me want to shoot myself in the face if I'm using my phone.

But it seems reasonable to have a 'disable images in signatures' option or something idk.

I can't see them on my phone, and that's the only time I have loading issues, so I'm not fussed.

Fangu

Great Old One
edit: wait, the mobile skin here isn't the one I'm used to everywhere else. Maybe I should import the mobile skin from FFOF/FG/SO. y/n?
A mobile skin would be awesome - IF it can be disabled easily from the skin itself. Sometimes I want to browse fast, other times I want 'the real deal'.

(Hands in the air if you read that last sentence with your pervert glasses on)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
There already is a mobile skin. I'm not sure what the difference between the two is, however.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
FryBro:
sweetness.gif

ZoidbergDance:
1229207847969.gif

Not sure about this one:
1270971179156-1.gif

Yay ot Nay? :huh:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Adding the first two. Not sure what the code for the third one should be so I've held off adding that one, but if someone gives me a code and thinks it should be added I'll add it after work.

edit: :frybro: :zoidbergdance:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I don't think any of us are unaware of that at this point

at least those of us who were on acf

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Quick someone make a gif of those killer vagina bubbles!

Top Bottom