smilies anyone?

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
Well my point, more or less, was really more that I personally don't see a reason to let something so small bother you.
I really do accept that it does bother people, I just don't personally understand why personally.
But then again, I've made it my personal goal not to be bothered by the small things. They're just not worth the time spent on being bothered.
so I dunno. I just don't personally understand why someone would care that much, though I do accept that people do. I'm not trying to belittle that.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
That's a lot of personallys! XD
Anyway it's easy to say "I'm not offended" when you haven't experienced the abuse - hate crimes and so on - for your skin color, sexual orientation, or whatever. I'm not saying you HAVEN'T experienced, this is just a general comment. So I think people over look it when others get offended because they just don't understand it as well. People can get very sensitive because of their experiences (or their friends experiences) and Aki was being honest with her feelings which isn't laughable, actually it's pretty admirable. I myself pretty much agree with ya Konneh, small things like that I know weren't made to be offensive don't bug me. x'D But I know there are A LOT of things I get overly sensitive about too because of things that have happened in my life so uh, I think it's good the emoticons were removed if it bothers someone enough.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Um, I've noticed that the Obama 'fro thing is still there. I'm not offended by it, I'd just like an explanation as to why that is not offensive when the afromonster was? (unless it was just an oversight?:huh: )

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm automatically offended by the idea that we laugh off other people's opinions intentionally

shrug.gif

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
See posts in this thread after the point of "let's move on".

Or is that accidental mockery?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well my point, more or less, was really more that I personally don't see a reason to let something so small bother you.
I really do accept that it does bother people, I just don't personally understand why personally.
But then again, I've made it my personal goal not to be bothered by the small things. They're just not worth the time spent on being bothered.
so I dunno. I just don't personally understand why someone would care that much, though I do accept that people do. I'm not trying to belittle that.
im sorry for voicing my opinion ever next time i feel uncomfortable i will bury it deep in my psyche until i eventually break and go on a murderous rampage.

masa i can't even be bothered to say anything about what you're saying. i just woke up and i honestly don't feel like dealing with anyone's bullshit ty

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
And people throwing around the word "nigger" etc is not offensive, but sassygaycookiemonster is?
Didn't someone (I think it was Mog) try to put a stop to people doing that in the past?

Tbh, I'd rather not see people casually throwing around "faggot" like it means nothing to anyone. Yeah, it's the Internet and everyone's a fag for any reason people can come up with to use the word. Doesn't mean you have to like the trend, or particularly want to be seeing it on here. (Not been around for months so I don't know if it still gets used, and it was never really used a lot that I remember, but maybe I'm so used to seeing it online it doesn't register much now.) I didn't really like the whole "fly away newbie fag" thing that went around AFC, but I never ended up saying anything because of what Megs said:

No, it's not fucking okay. But guess what? When you mention these things, people don't listen and brush it off. You know, like almost everyone has done here.

But people don't say anything because they dont want to be laughed at for their opinion, or cause trouble, or whatever. Just because they don't speak out against it doesn't mean they're okay with it.

Sure, there's a lot more thing in the world to get worked up about. But just because there's bigger problems, doesn't mean you can't dislike and try to change the little things. Saying there's worse things to worry about is an easy way to make people feel like their opinions or complaints are being belittled.

Last edited:

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
im sorry for voicing my opinion ever next time i feel uncomfortable i will bury it deep in my psyche until i eventually break and go on a murderous rampage.

masa i can't even be bothered to say anything about what you're saying. i just woke up and i honestly don't feel like dealing with anyone's bullshit ty
I wasn't trying to attack you. You voiced your opinion so why voice mine? I'm not trying to rally to bring it back or anything.
In all honesty I'm just trying to be more active so when I think of something to say at last I go ahead and say it.

But next time I won't. I'm sorry that you took me the wrong way. I really wasn't trying to upset you.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Um, I've noticed that the Obama 'fro thing is still there. I'm not offended by it, I'd just like an explanation as to why that is not offensive when the afromonster was? (unless it was just an oversight?:huh: )

I forgot that existed. It's gone.

I do not have the patience to respond to posts right now. If I did I'd say something that would just piss people off more, so I'll respond later.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
If I'm not beating a dead horse, I just wanted to say that I never meant to offend anyone by using the pink monster. But if it's truly offending people, I have no problem not using it. I mean, as a straight white girl, I don't think I'm in any position to tell people what is offensive and what isn't.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Actually, just 'cause you're a straight white girl doesn't mean you're not entitled to your opinion too. :) I don't think this has to be a big deal, it's good to get insights from other people.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Hey, can anyone tell me how I can go about creating smileys of my own? and how to submit them to the site? I wasn't thinking of doing anything complex, I just want to have a go at making old style smileys like this guy :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hey, can anyone tell me how I can go about creating smileys of my own? and how to submit them to the site? I wasn't thinking of doing anything complex, I just want to have a go at making old style smileys like this guy :awesome:

You mention 'Oh, I'd love to have a girl power pink monster with a fist' in a thread like this, :monster:.

Anyone offended by :duhard:?

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Wow this is still going on.

Guys really. Not because we don't find it offensive means that everyone won't find it offensive. Some Hard-Core christians think that Homosexuality is offensive to God's creation, while some others think is ok. Some people think this icon is offensive, and others don't. Life's like that. If it were for me I would make a world filled with Pink, but not everyone agrees that Pink is the most amazing color.

I don't find the reason as to why its offending but Aki said her reasons. The icons were removed. So...why is this still going on? Really? Let's just keep enjoying the forums and leave the emoticon alone.

Let's just put up that Yes this is dog icon and finish this. Because really. Everyone's getting heated up and worked up when everything was solved long ago. There's no point of mockery or keeping all this alive.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Anyone offended by :duhard:?

I am, because I basically look like that. Only with hair.

I'd like to officially request a blushing smiley like the one we had on ACF and a :/ <smiley doing that face too.

Vendel

Banned
I forgot that existed. It's gone.

I do not have the patience to respond to posts right now. If I did I'd say something that would just piss people off more, so I'll respond later.

You at a loss for words? Just think how empty the general section would look if that were the case.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Plenty of words come to mind. Unfortunately none of them are polite, so I'll spare people the frustration.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Actually, just 'cause you're a straight white girl doesn't mean you're not entitled to your opinion too. :) I don't think this has to be a big deal, it's good to get insights from other people.
i'm totally drunk posting but deal with it

i don't mean to be a dick because i actually love you all and know that you don't really mean any harm badly. it's just like, the disempowering thing megs mentioned. it's only disempowering when it's used by people who have had that kind of thing used against them in the past. if that makes sense. i mean, people might not mean bad, and i still love ya'll, but it's just. not always helpful. love you though.

but i'm drunk i love everyone when i'm drunk

does the disempowering thing even make sense here

i was like just late to the party but wanted to say stuff

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

i don't mean to be a dick because i actually love you all and know that you don't really mean any harm badly. it's just like, the disempowering thing megs mentioned. it's only disempowering when it's used by people who have had that kind of thing used against them in the past. if that makes sense. i mean, people might not mean bad, and i still love ya'll, but it's just. not always helpful. love you though.

^ THE ARGUMENT IS NOW OVER, HITO WINS FRED

:monster:, don't really know what part of the argument it's trying to support but okay :wacky:

Plenty of words come to mind. Unfortunately none of them are polite, so I'll spare people the frustration.

Go post on the Secrets Tumblr. That's what people use it for anyway, right? :awesome:

On a different topic, I'd personally like to see more icon-size emoticons and less gigantic picture macros being introduced into the fold. There are a few macros forums members use frequently, but some of the other ones are used only by a few people and not all that often. I'm not motioning to remove them like I put forward last time, but I think it'd be nice if we just expanded the smilies library with some smaller, smarter icons. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, I just wanted to say that I don't see why the limp wrist has to be offensive. I mean, girls do that all the time. Maybe it was just a girl cookie monster.

Yeah, no one is likely to interpret it that way.

I...

...actually kind of did... :/

But whatever, a regular pink monster will do. :P

Hito this is why you need to poast moar. <3

Top Bottom