So, who’s on the no spoiler team here?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Too right. I’ve got to resist the urge to scratch the itch. Twitter and Reddit are going on full mute and I’m having to do my utmost not to open the spoiler tags here.

I’m trying to remind myself that the vast majority are in the same boat here, and it’ll all be worth it by the end of the week!
I guess that's my benefit of not having much social media. Being on here is the only hard thing. I like chatting with you guys though. Just gotta do my best to avoid the spoiler threads

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I don't even understand why anyone (who is getting the game on release) would want to watch any of someone else's playthrough.
Me either. I hope mine will be delivered on the 10th, but if not, oh well. I'd rather experience it playing, instead of watching someone's playthrough

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I know I already said this, but its still on my mind. By the time the other half of the forum gets the game, will there still be discussions worth having in most of the spoiler threads? Won't reading different people react to the same shit over and over be tired and dull when everyone else has long since moved? I was wanting to post my thoughts chapter to chapter, but by the time I get to do that it'll just be like "who even cares? We know already." I dunno, I'm probably just being pessimistic.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I know I already said this, but its still on my mind. By the time the other half of the forum gets the game, will there still be discussions worth having in most of the spoiler threads? Won't reading different people react to the same shit over and over be tired and dull when everyone else has long since moved? I was wanting to post my thoughts chapter to chapter, but by the time I get to do that it'll just be like "who even cares? We know already." I dunno, I'm probably just being pessimistic.
I'd say just do it. There is a handful of us who will be (hopefully) playing around the same time anyway

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'd say just do it. There is a handful of us who will be (hopefully) playing around the same time anyway
Yeah I probably will. It just feels redundant to me. Like there's this slowpoke second wave slowly plodding their way through while everyone else is already at the finish line. We can have our own fun, but its not really the same as being there right from the start. I think I may be depressed. Video games, man.

Reactions: LNK

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm kinda lacking in the self confidence department to think anything I say will be particularly interesting, I guess. I shouldn't really be tying my enjoyment to what other people think anyway, but I really like this community. 5 days is an eternity right now, so I dunno. I hope you're right @The Twilight Mexican .

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Ody, it's not redundant at all . Every insight about anything in the game gives everyone even more hindsight about the unique intricacies of FFVIIR. And trust me, I'm still finding interesting things from freakin Chapter 1

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I hear ya! but like Twilight just said, we're still talking about the OG.

And you for real should check out that book, I told you about! I hope it'll help you feel better!

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm kinda lacking in the self confidence department to think anything I say will be particularly interesting, I guess. I shouldn't really be tying my enjoyment to what other people think anyway, but I really like this community. 5 days is an eternity right now, so I dunno. I hope you're right @The Twilight Mexican .
9781573221115-us.jpg

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Ody, it's not redundant at all . Every insight about anything in the game gives everyone even more hindsight about the unique intricacies of FFVIIR. And trust me, I'm still finding interesting things from freakin Chapter 1
I agree! Especially since we look at things through different perspectives and thought processes.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'll think about it. Not sure I want to blow $20 on a self-help book right now though. Also, @oty, part of me really want so be a dick right now and say "Easy for someone who can actually play the game to say" but fact is you're probably completely right. There's a giant silent majority that hasn't touched this thing yet, even in the european communities, so there'll be plenty of fresh material and fresh people for that material come the 10th. Just imagining another 4 days of this is miserable right now.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

You're aware we're all on a forum for a 23-year-old game, right? :lol:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'll think about it. Not sure I want to blow $20 on a self-help book right now though. Also, @oty, part of me really want so be a dick right now and say "Easy for someone who can actually play the game to say" but fact is you're probably completely right. There's a giant silent majority that hasn't touched this thing yet, even in the european communities, so there'll be plenty of fresh material and fresh people for that material come the 10th. Just imagining another 4 days of this is miserable right now.
I hear ya. I think you'll be glad you did. It's good for more than self help though. It made me branch off into other books as well. I bought the Kalachakra Tantra, the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Kybalion, and the Hermetica because of it.

Just something to think about:)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
You're aware we're all on a forum for a 23-year-old game, right? :lol:
Yeah I know. I'm just being a little sour puss right now. Can't blame me for being scared can you? World's gone to shit already, I'm afraid of losing one of the only good things I had coming. I know I'm being stupid.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

No, I enjoy reading what other people think and can't wait for everybody else to post in those threads too :monster:

Top Bottom