• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Has anyone heard of the grain of salt rumors of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 getting remakes while a third title Sonic Adventure 3 that some people wanted for years may be in works?

Somebody noticed vague rumors about the "Third" game being in works that Sega sent a picture or two of on their twitter account last month and has yet to be removed.

Could this be true, or is it most likely new games with new titles in general? In my opinion, I'm gonna go with the new games having new titles being more likely.

Ghost X

Would be easier if citations were provided, and depending who they're from and whether any official information has been correctly interpreted, try to work out if there is veracity to the claims.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Here's a link to one of the websites that has been giving out the rumor of Sonic Adventure 3(It could either be just referring to the 30th anniversary, that there are three new games coming, or it's Sonic Adventure 3 itself-the latter part I'm skeptical about).

Sonic Adventure 3-Real Tease or a Mislead?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Emzd19WXMAMGhrp

It's kind of funny how this Sonic Jam model actually did sneak its way into the final game during the Tornado missions
H0EnaU6ilQHzTdnlnNCNLVjq1X1zc_y5LzkmjxszFS2U41eZpQ2cGhdTls7_c79nVgoeUFN48VXDTQuhsTAQVRUXwFcXHCAEWp-VsDNagoGgZhQmdnzJLzeeemecH7ywzLEchxgCBx9IZsvHgIAM5CYVoxLgpzmXWHkimAE

(ignore unused dragon boss behind them, this picture just shows the Sonic model the best.)

Also, in that top right image ofSonic and Tails on the cliff, that jungle background actually made it into the final game in Lost World, or at least a very similar image.
d2ceb6f102c264212d93a0dda3518131.jpg

Okay I'll stop being a nerd now.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I'd love a Sonic R styled mod for SA1 and 2. There's a mod for SA2 Sonic on gamebanana.

Small bit of trivia, they went on a trip when they were coming up with ideas for SA, and a lot of textures were made from photos they took. That background could be one of them. The city skybox in SA2 levels were actual aerial photos.

Anyway speaking of Sonic R, one of the artists for Sonic The Comic UK drew some artwork to commemorate Sonic R's 23rd Anniversary:

It's also Shadow the Hedgehog's 15th, and Sonic Colors 10th.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Hoping this be true and not just a mistake. April fools a long long way for it to be playing a part now.

I wouldn't call it as an April fools joke. Probably a mistake, but I'd be surprised that it is true.

Edit: Whether this is true or not, Netflix is making a new computer-animated Sonic TV series for 2022. If it is, I hope it'll stick to Sonic's modern game design and not the Sonic Boom and Sonic Live-Action Movie designs. He looks much better having peach-coloured arms than blue arms.

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
There was another prototype stream yesterday, Sonic Spinball and SA2:
twitch.tv/hiddenpalace

There's not that much difference in SA2 since it's dated may 2001. It appears to have debug mode enabled in it. I didn't watch spinball. There's another one due today.

SADX and SA2 modding is really taking off, here's a new version of Super Sonic:

Tails following Sonic in SA2:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
The TTS 1990 demo would be the holy grail with dark GHZ and the weird enemies. Imagine what could be dug out of that...It's supposedly lost, even SEGA have no idea where it went. They wanted to show it off years ago. We also have an approx date, December 1990! Show off 30 years later...

Anyway moving on from that, there's some digging going on into the SA2 proto. Here's that World Ranking screen that was found way back in 2001, semi functional:

Last thing, Sonic CD 2011 has been fully decompiled...so someone ported it to Switch:

There's a Vita port now too.

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Mods glory too. So much was unthinkable in the early 2000s, it's mindblowing the possibilities now. Someone ported over Ray and Mighty from Mania with their abilities intact:

https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/13326

There's an Amy one and I'm sure there was someone working on the Chaotix as well. Hopefully those guys and Knuckles will make their way into SCD now too.

Bit of trivia, Stealth made a Poc port of SCD to DS back in 2007/8 that had both Tails and Knuckles playable. Skip to 5:00

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I don't know if anyone remembers this, but back in 2017 someone found a badly damaged disc containing a Sonic Generations beta for PSP. All the data on that was lost, but the other day someone managed to get the beta logo and a texture for Mushroom Hill:

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/0...etailing-sonic-generations-psp-port-surfaces/

There's also a mod going to port SADX Tails into SA2B:

Here's some earlier footage of the leftover Tails in Chaotix. This version has never been seen before because it always crashed while loading him, but this person managed to get around it:

Tails is holding a copy of FF7 way off into the background

Last edited:
Top Bottom