Sonic the Hedgehog

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Really hoping the next preview of Sonic Frontiers hits it out the park and shows something really drawdropping and compelling.

I'm not gonna say what's been shown has been abject terrible or whatever. I don't think it's Sonic Forces tier....yet.

But I'm just thinking back to Mania, it's previews and the like, and just... Frontiers is missing the mark for a large scale home console release.

Sonic Team, you gotta do better than this. Mediocre or "good enough" isn't gonna give you your cred back. :monster:

Really hoping they've got more up their sleeve because if they don't, this is not cool.

I think at this point at time that the Sonic Team should get a whole new team that actually CARE about Sonic and know what they're doing instead of just these guys who have no clue at all and I don't think they even played the previous games. Plus that Morio guy is pretty much a terrible director. Colours back in the Wii generation wasn't too bad, though it had it's flaws(my biggest issue was that Sega decided to permanently make Sonic's voice deep and love Roger Craig Smith whereas I still prefer Jason Griffith as the best Sonic voice ever), and Generations was okay, but Lost Worlds and Forces were just...No.

There might be some hope with Ian Flynn story-wise with the Frontiers, given his work in the Archie and IDW comics(apart from the Metal Virus saga-that was way too dark), but other than that, I think it's time Sega hired a new director and team who understand the Sonic characters and games. Otherwise it'll just be TV shows, comics and movies from now on which is what I'm worried about the most.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Generations was great, imo, better than okay. But in typical Sega/Sonic Team fashion, instead of building on their first bonafide hit in years, they threw the baby out with the bathwater yet again to try and reinvent the wheel. I don't understand them. Any other company would have had a year of DLC Generations levels (even just scaling up the DS levels into the big console versions), followed by a proper sequel. But not Sega. :sigh:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
There was a literal golden age of 3D Sonic games starting from Unleashed to Generations and it may never come back LMFAO

And it's because all those designers, programmers and writers left Sega for Nintendo :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They need to showcase the actual, final and polished build. Glad to know this is all an early build. But the review sums up the flaws quite well. They'll hopefully be addressed but I gotta see it for myself before I drop any money.

This is not making me feel safe in preordering. :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
They need to showcase the actual, final and polished build. Glad to know this is all an early build. But the review sums up the flaws quite well. They'll hopefully be addressed but I gotta see it for myself before I drop any money.

This is not making me feel safe in preordering. :monster:

Maybe they will in the coming months?

Upon seeing the latest videos, and reading the summary, I almost instantly got hit with the "Kirby and the Forgotten Land" vibes for some reason, mixed with Breath of the Wild and Shadow of the Colossus all in one.

Ghost X

The world looks empty and unlived in, which would be my only critique I can think of so far. It looks interesting to play. Would agree with the voice-over guy that some of the "elements" look really weird and out of place, and would be better built into the environment from an aesthetic standpoint.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I think I have an (though unlikely but still very possible and I think it could be true) theory on how this will play out.

The reason why the Chaos Emeralds were absent in Lost World and Forces was because, now making the IDW comics no longer canon to the game universe, in the events of Generations despite it not being a sequel to Forces, the Chaos Emeralds ended up in Starfall Islands and were thought to never be seen again. But when Eggman was ultimately defeated by Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic and the Avatar/Rookie, he ends up there and discovers the ancient technology and found the Chaos Emeralds with his A.I program, but something goes wrong and the Warp Hole opens up as Sonic, Tails and Amy are investigating only to suck them in and Sonic becomes trapped(still think he has amnesia which I seriously don't want but it's most likely at this stage) while he is tricked by the A.I, who becomes intelligent a-la Metal Sonic, to collect the Chaos Emeralds while Knuckles may also play a role in this given the upcoming Prologue short.

Which leaves two options on how the ending will play out: Either Sonic saves his friends and defeats both the A.I and Eggman as Super Sonic before they all return home to their world safe and sound, or, the still most likely scenario, something goes wrong during the final battle and the two worlds end up colliding before the entire Universe shatters to become the Shatterverse, thus leading into the events of the upcoming Sonic Prime TV series.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Goddamnit.

So how were they able to use it for the PS3 Sega Mega Collection that includes Sonic 3??

What exactly happened from that point on?

Oh well, this does feel like a fair trade off. I do love Crush 40, so I'm kinda excited what they'll do with the music.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's funny how incredibly important certain retro collections of the past can be. Things that were the norm can suddenly just vanish, leaving only those older versions as a record.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It's highly likely it's something to do with royalties, talk of legal issues came about after the ps3/360/steam release. I'd imagine they were threatened with some legal action shortly after.

What's interesting though, is that every release of S3K has been emulated except for the PC version, which had the music changed.

Whatever the problem is, it's going to stay quiet. Stealth doesn't even know and he made it:

Keep in mind that this will get modded at some point with the remasters from AIR. The decomps and AIR hopefully won't disappear.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Well, not all remasters/remakes are going to get everything from the originals. Maybe they just couldn't find all of the materials for Sonic 3 this time.

While on that note, with the new animated cutscenes, I think Sega should make an animated TV series using this style based on the original games which would involve Sonic sounding young again(I know I keep saying it and it's a wishful thinking, but my picks would be either Jason Griffith or at least Ryan Drummond as Sonic the Hedgehog). That'd be much better to have this in episodes and maybe be even more successful than the live action movies.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

Even though this once again brings the talks of Sonic Adventure 3...I have my doubts about how Sonic Frontiers could actually really make it happen this time.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
What the fuck's the spoiler...?

That's just Sonic waking up somewhere! LMFAO what the fuck?

THAT'S the opening??

What IS this game?!

Sonic Generations had more of a fucking plot and intro than this. What the hell is Sega doing??

Top Bottom