Sonic the Hedgehog

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I think it's the opening of the demo, but the reason I made it a spoiler because not everyone may want to know until the actual game comes out. On the other hand, it is pretty bland for an opening.

On the other hand, the fact that Sonic and his friends have all been killed in the beginning and that he lost his memories at the same time, I definitely think I'll forget about buying the game, especially where everyone is dead!:'(

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I seriously doubt anyone's dead. This is a Sonic game. No one except one-off side kicks die here :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I seriously doubt anyone's dead. This is a Sonic game. No one except one-off side kicks die here :monster:

Yeah, well, a lot of people who posted similar leaked videos that were extended believe
that Sonic is dead and his memories are lost. Plus characters in the Sonic Archie comics have died, and Sega did kill Sonic in the 06 game even if it was only temporarily. Plus this is Ian Flynn who is known for really dark tones in stories.

Games like this can end up becoming more darker as the years roll by. Look what happened with Kingdom Hearts games like X, Unchained/Union Cross, and Kingdom Hearts 3, and it's a Disney/Square Enix franchise.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Yeah, you're right. Maybe Sega showed off the badly designed gameplay trailers first so that they can reveal the improved ones and show everybody they're (trying) not to make the same mistakes as they have the past?

On that note, the Memory Tokens did pretty much prove one of my worst fears for this game, except I'm very confused on whether all of Sonic's friends ended up with Amnesia as well and the only way to save and revive them is to collect those tokens as well as restore parts of Sonic's memories as well or not. Either way, Flynn's comments on twitter saying that the it's "slightly dark" is more like trying to lure people into having their hearts ripped out when they actually play the game, because memory loss and death in one game is VERY dark.

Edit:
Okay, I just looked more carefully and it's confirmed that Sonic and his friends all ended up with amnesia, and from the looks of it, Sonic will be the last one to remember everything while his rescued friends are saved and recover their memories quicker after he saves them by gaining the Memory tokens which are hearts. Plus, there's an article I heard somewhere that even Eggman is a victim and just as bewildered as Sonic, so the new enemy/enemies could be the mysterious A.I and more by it's side tricking Sonic into collecting the Chaos Emeralds. Don't know where the article is though or where it came from or if it's actually true.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA

This seems...rather interesting.
I bet it's the the voice of the A.I who is tricking Sonic that is the main child human villain.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They're... adequate and catchy in their own unique way but they were never going to live up to the original tracks. Of the three, the Launch Base Zone tracks fall short the most.

Ice Cap Zone's replacement is eh.

The Carnival Night Zone one is the least worst of the bunch.

I'm not surprised. They tried! :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Comparing the beta version track to Origins

...they kind of made it worse? :monster:

Ice Cap stings the most. Easily one of my most favorite Sonic tracks.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
source.gif

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
"All those wrong notes made it sound more original!"

LMFAO thats so chickenshit. That meme fits this perfectly. :awesomonster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They tried too hard to perfectly emulate the soundfont and recompose the beta version, making it sound worse. I dunno why they did that. They should've just used what they had. Like it's the perfect example of "trying too hard."

It sounds so damn lame compared to the beta version. Like holy shit it's crap. It doesn't even match the sound style of Sonic 3 at all. It's just "okay."

Top Bottom