Spoiler: Dissidia Ending

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
@OneWingedDemon

In terms of their outfit, they were put in the outfit that matches what they looked like during their respective Final Fantasy adventure. Their designs are based off of Amano's artwork of them. So yeah, they were given their original look for this game, and I think it corresponds with why Cosmos chose each Warrior as a protector of each of their world's crystal: Because of the adventure they had during each Final Fantasy.

@Tennyo

It really spoils nothing for me, I'm still going to love playing the hell out of it. XD

@null

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe sucked?!?! Say it isn't so! T_T

@sephirothpaine

The villains don't have their own storyline to play through. Only the heroes have a story mode. You can play as the villains but not through the story mode.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=155.msg2812#msg2812 date=1229670871]

@sephirothpaine

The villains don't have their own storyline to play through. Only the heroes have a story mode. You can play as the villains but not through the story mode.
[/quote]

That sooooo sucks, most games ( at least the ones I own) have a story mode for the villains.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
(see Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.)
Damn it! I loved the idea of that ;___;
Tell me it doesn't suck

Oh, that sucks ballz. Kinda like how I cried on the inside when I found out playing as Vergil was like playing as Dante after having raided Vergil's closet ;___;

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=OneWingedDemon link=topic=155.msg2819#msg2819 date=1229673111]
Oh, that sucks ballz. Kinda like how I cried on the inside when I found out playing as Vergil was like playing as Dante after having raided Vergil's closet ;___;
[/quote]

Well at least Vergil had his own storyline.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
It actually makes sense for the villains not to have a storyline - they'd have to lose. This would completely undermine the whole idea that you go through these boards and win... And besides, every boss battle the Cosmos characters go through, the plot dictates that they win those.

So unless we had two completely different storylines and endings, it doesn't work. Which... after I did allow myself to be spoiled at a few points, I think I'm starting to wish for. Not to say that I dislike this ending, because I absolutely do! Especially when you learn that Mr. Narrator is Cid of the Lufenians... thus you can take Dissidia as something akin to a Homeric poem within the FF mythos.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
They wrote in an out? Good call SE. That way, if you like it, good for you. If for some reason you don't like it, it's just a legend and the original is not damaged.

That, or they wanted it more epic. Either way.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=155.msg2797#msg2797 date=1229666246]
*doesn't look at spoilers* I just want to know how you people can spoil yourselves like this. It totally ruins everything for me.
[/quote]

Easy!

1. It's not really about the ending, but it's the journey. Everyone knows how Crisis Core ends and what happens to Zack, but we play for the journey there and what happens in between.

2. I view this game as not much more than Marvel vs. Capcom or Super Smash Bros. and I don't really care about the story, because there's not really too much there to begin with.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
If there's not much story there, then that's rather strange considering the entire spoken script alone is twice the length of Crisis Core's :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
How can you distinguish the substance of the plot if you've never played the game? And for the game to have virtually no plot with a script that long would be pretty amazing. Whatever would they be talking about for that long if there was no fleshed out plot or story?

And your previous comment was about the content (or lack thereof) of the game's plot, not the quality. That's a totally different issue. Whether you find the plot substantive or not, there is a large story within Dissidia, and its most certainly there.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Above all, true, I've never played the game. That much is true and everything is subject to change once I actually have the game in my hands.

But yeah, perhaps I worded it wrong. What I mean by 'no plot' (and I didn't say that...:() is that even though the script is long, in my opinion, I don't really like the quality. I know that the tidbit of the script I read doesn't have stuff like context and all that, but reading it, I wasn't really too impressed, and the quality just doesn't really seem all that great to me. Assuming that the rest of the script is written and styled like that, I'd have to give it a mediocre score.

I think it's pretty boring.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
If I may... now that I've spoiled myself for something like 2.5 storylines, I have to say that the way the plot is dispensed does add to the experience. A story for one character will really play out across several at once, which gives a larger incentive for completing them all than simply the unlockables. I've also been surprised on a few occasions by the references back to the originals - such as Firion reflecting on his biological father's death, or that one moment where we get a flash of pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth.

(And I'll be honest - Cloud's script is incomplete since I didn't include several text-only dialogues, and that is where the majority of villain interaction is. They have their own problems to deal with beyond simply the heroes' meddling, and I am looking forward to receiving my physical copy so I can do justice by those lines.)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, it really isn't. Cloud appears and aids Firion when he goes up against Emperor Mateus, and he pops up and helps Terra regain her senses when she loses control of her Esper half during Terra's story.

And there's probably even more. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
LMAO, now that's an interesting combination. Terra, Cloud and Onion Knight.

I didn't know that Dark and Divine, thank you!

There's definitely a lot to this story so far. The main point of interest being the character interaction.

Bonaventura

Carpe Diem
AKA
G's Apple
Ha, it's nice to see how the heroes watch each others backs... it's really nice. I doubt the villains did the same thing, but to hell with it...

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=155.msg3475#msg3475 date=1229982909]
LMAO, now that's an interesting combination. Terra, Cloud and Onion Knight.

I didn't know that Dark and Divine, thank you![/quote]

You're welcome!

This is the development of the scene seen in the latest trailer, in wich
Cloud of Darkness trying to attack Terra and Cloud from behind, with Cloud feding off the attack. In that instance, Onion Knight arrives and apparently tries to encourage Terra. and the scene ends with Terra just about to face Kefka and Onion Knight and Cloud ready to fight against the force of destruction with the big boobies :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
....I was so hoping for a confrontation between Cloud and Cloud of Darkness, just because of the simple fact they're both named "Cloud." :monster:

Wow, that's gonna be quite interesting.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
In the two cases I've seen of villains helping villains, it's pretty clear that
Kuja is just getting favors out of Kefka and Emperor Mateus is just using Ultimecia.
So unlike our intrepid heroes, the villains seem to have little loyalty to one another.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Ahhh, that's mainly in the text-only dialogues and... I can't read them when I'm watching the YouTube videos. ^^; It's just not legible enough for me to be absolutely sure of what is being said and I'd rather wait for my physical copy to arrive before attempting translation.

But, I will say that Sephiroth doesn't seem to like his compatriots and the feeling appears to be mutual.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Ah, as I mentioned under the spoiler tag - Kefka has an interesting team-up with Kuja of all people in the Bartz and Zidane storyline. I haven't watched all of it (I translated a portion due to chibi bribery) but what I did was fairly entertaining.

And I find it odd that I find Kefka easier to understand than Jecht...

Top Bottom