Spoiler: Dissidia Ending

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Ah... not that I have seen yet. But again, I'm not actively spoiling myself for everything. Sephiroth seems to be very lone wolf among the villains, really.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
So it seems! Then again, that was what was said in his profile that you translated from Mini-Memo's Dissidia Info Site.

And, due Sephiroth's personality, something like that was to be expected. Maybe it's even better this way.

Looking foward for the Kefka/Kuja interaction though.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Yeah, Sephiroth is not really the kinda guy who'd team up with someone, even for the sake of convenience. He likes to manipulate and pull strings around him far too much for that.

That and he probably thinks he's just fine on his own. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Him and Golbez seem to be on good enough terms though.

It's funny how the villains form certain "cliques" in terms of at least socializing.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
They have a similar taste in fashion: black and oversized shoulder armor :monster:

Any Seph/Kuja?
I think Sephiroth would find Kuja annoying....and Kefka probably amusing. LOL

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I dunno. I don't think they'd get along, but I think he might consider him amusing, as a sort of copycat of himself.

Kefka... depends entirely on Sephiroth's mood at the time.

null.

Pro Adventurer
Kefka is a douche and would get Supernova in the face if he tried to hang with Sep for lengthy periods. Look at Luthor and the Joker - sure they cooperate, but only to further their own professional ends; Luthor wouldn't be caught dead socializing with the Clown Prince.

Granted, Seph is unhinged, but in such a way that he's not prone to Kefka's inane drivel. His coldness suits the classic evil-for-badass's-sake demeanor of Golbez - and as a longtime Golbez fanboy, I must say if Seph were to run with Golbez, I would approve.

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
My thoughts on Sephiroth's distaste for the other villains are summed up simply as he can't trust any of them. The others may be able to feign trust (such as Kuja and Kefka or Mateus and Ultimecia), but Sephiroth seems to see through them. Thus, he is just about rouge among them, doing as he pleases rather than as he wants. In some ways, having Cloud around is a much better focus for him than their scheming. Cloud is predictable, able to be manipulated with a just a little bit of effort. In many ways, Cloud is at least reliable in terms of what he will do compared to all of these back stabbers and plotters. (Different villains have their own reasons for not liking the others, Kuja's stemming from his narcissism and resulting in him referring to them as "that low-class lot," and Mateus just seeing the others as pawns to be manipulated due to his massive amounts of arrogance.)

But, that is just my opinion.

Anyway, I did post up the text that explains what Sephiroth does to Firion in the Cloud's Story thread. Has some interesting lines in it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sephiroth pretty much seems to be the most....perspective and upfront of the rogues, barring Jecht. He puts on no airs, in terms of how he works with the villains. He just keeps to himself, does what he wants, and basically is just in it for the chance to piss off Cloud and fight strong opponents.

In fact, he actually has several moments where he feigns sanity rather well, especially when talking with Warrior of Light.

Not to say he doesn't have his moments of cruelty (i.e. beating up Firion and stealing his Red Rose just to provoke Cloud) but he doesn't "act out" or go batshit insane like the others or spend his time plotting...unless it's for Cloud :monster:

It just shows how Cloud and Sephiroth have a warped bond, despite how much Cloud hates it. Sephiroth in his own twisted way enjoys fighting and confronting Cloud, despite hating his guts and trying to kill him. Despite how he looks down on Cloud and resents him, he begrudgingly respects him in his twisted way. Even though he knows now his words and actions to manipulate Cloud like a puppet don't exactly work, he truly gains a sick satisfaction in provoking Cloud's anger and predictable response while also calling him a "puppet."

...They truly do have a strange theme of "predestination" regarding their confrontations, and it's rather interesting Cloud accepts it while also rejecting it.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Something interesting about Golbez is that he, like Sephiroth, doesn't seem interested in the other villains' plans. It's even debatable if he has any kind of loyalty to Chaos' cause, since
he's seen given some advice to Onion Knight in the latter's storyline.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Golbez, if he comes from a time when he knows Cecil is his brother, is definitely not actually working for evil. It's a damn shame the villains don't have story modes, since I think his storyline would be most interesting. And Kefka's hilarious.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It should be noted that there are two traitors among the villains too that actively go against the warriors of chaos.

Golbez rebels as does Jecht. It's quite interesting how them switching sides turns things around. You can thank Schala for disclosing this juicy info XD

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Makes perfect sense to me, actually, Mako. Both were actually being used by the villains of their respective games, not the actual villains. That they'd shrug off their shackles only makes sense.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, pretty much.

The interactions between Cecil and Golbez, and Tidus and Jecht really makes it look like they've been drawn to Dissidia post their respective adventures too.

Golbez actually likes Cecil and cares about him a lot, and when ExDeath threatens to punish Golbez for his treachery Cecil stands up to him and fights him off to save Golbez.

Likewise Mateus punishes Jecht and leaves him near death. Tidus ends up using his one elixir that was given to him by Firion to bring him back around.

Again, you can thank Schala for these interesting bits of info. XD

Schala-Kitty

Pro Adventurer
Mako, revealing all the secrets! Oh well, I'm having fun over here playing the game. =D And the villains do have their own story sequences, but they're mostly revealed through text-only dialogues. But there are lots of things that you can pick up from these discussions, like how Kuja gets kinda picked on, or that Garland is actually quite noble in his own right. Oh, and that even Kefka thinks that Sephiroth is a sadist.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Schala-Kitty link=topic=155.msg4606#msg4606 date=1230600798]
(...) Oh, and that even Kefka thinks that Sephiroth is a sadist.
[/quote]

Well, that was surprising!!!

After reading all these juicy spoilerific events, i'm even more excited about this game.

Oh, and i read in Wikipedia that
the only villains who were really loyal to Chaos were Cloud of Darkness, Exdeath, Kefka and Kuja.
I don't know how accurate this info is, but is a little odd that people like Kuja or Kefka could be loyal to anyone.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Kuja being loyal to Chaos is bogus. He's in it only for himself.

However, Kefka, Cloud of Darkness, and ExDeath being loyal to Chaos actually makes since if you think about.

What do Kefka, Cloud of Darkness, ExDeath and Chaos all have in common?

They want to destroy and kill everything. They want to reduce the universe to nothing but chaos. They have no goals of domination, influence, or power. They only want power so they can destroy. They're completely consumed by the thanatos impulse.

Top Bottom