[SPOILERS] Kingdom Hearts III Spoiler Thread

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I won't watch these until after the game comes out in the next few weeks.

Until then, apparently one of the leak players discovered that Sora and Riku won't be the only playable characters in KH3. Who the other playable character(s) is/are however is still unknown. I think Aqua is the likely candidate, but it would be awesome to play as Kairi and/or Lea or even King Mickey(though like previous times, that's unlikely, unless it's like in KH2 where he saves Sora in certain boss battles).

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Maybe it ought to be Ventus? Aqua, Terra and Roxas are gonna be on the bad side and Ventus is a bit of an underwritten character atm.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Could be Ven too. Though on the other hand, we could play as Aqua in her battle against that Guardian which caught her like we saw in the trailer before she ended up falling into darkness-AKA: been Norted.

Or maybe due to Twilight Town being the tutorial at the start of the game, we'll play as Hayner.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

So appearently Twilight Town is only this big now:

oe7x09n.jpg

Monster Inc. World gameplay

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Trophy list leaked courtesy of DeftonesBandPSN at Reddit:

Platinum - KINGDOM HEARTS III Complete Master - Unlock all other trophies.
Bronze - A New Journey - Begin your brand new adventure.
Bronze - Clash of the Gods - Adventure through Olympus and complete the story.
Bronze - A Wish at Twilight - Adventure through Twilight Town and complete the story.
Bronze - Inseparable Friends - Adventure through Toy Box and complete the story.
Bronze - Happily Ever After - Adventure through the Kingdom of Corona and complete the story.
Bronze - The Power of Laughter - Adventure through Monstropolis and complete the story.
Bronze - An Act of True Love - Adventure through Arendelle and complete the story.
Bronze - Way of the Pirate - Adventure through The Caribbean and complete the story.
Bronze - Making a Difference - Adventure through San Fransokyo and complete the story.
Bronze - Home Again - Adventure through the Hundred Acre Wood and complete the story.
Bronze - The Hearts Joined to His - Gather the seven guardians of light.
Bronze - No Matter What - Reunite with Kairi.
Silver - The Battle to End All - Begin the final confrontation with Master Xehanort.
Gold - Another Chapter Closed - Finish the game and view the ending.
Gold - Hidden Kings - Complete the lucky Emblems section of the Gummiphone.
Bronze - Know Thine Enemy - Complete the Adversaries section of the Gummiphone.
Silver - No Stone Unturned - Complete the Treasures section of the Gummiphone.
Silver - Synthesist - Complete the Synthesis section of the Gummiphone.
Bronze - One for the Books - Complete the Game Records section of the Gummiphone.
Bronze - Tall Enough to Ride - use an attraction to defeat enemies for the first time.
Bronze - Heartbound - Use a link to defeat enemies for the first time.
Bronze - Grand Mage - Cast grand magic for the first time.
Bronze - Knight - Defeat 1,000 enemies.
Bronze - Bishop - Defeat 3,000 enemies.
Silver - Rook - Defeat 5,000 enemies.
Silver - Flanmeister - Complete all of the Flantastic Seven missions.
Bronze - Salvager - Use the gummi ship to obtain 20 unique treasures.
Bronze - Stargazer - use the gummi ship to find and photograph all of the constellations.
Gold - Thermosphere - Destroy the Schwarzgeist, menace of the Ocean Between.
Bronze - Centurion - Score at least 12,000,000 pts. in Verum Rex: Beat of Lead.
Bronze - Festive Dancer - Score at least 70,000 pts. in the Festival Dance.
Bronze - Shield Shredder - Score at least 600,000 pts. in Frozen Slider.
Bronze - Datascraper - Get an A rank on both Flash Tracer courses.
Silver - Dreadnought - Fully Power up the Leviathan.
Bronze - True Captain - Sink 200 enemy ships in The Caribbean.
Bronze - Say Cheese! - Snap your first photo.
Bronze - Lasting Memories - Hold on to 50 photos.
Bronze - Cornucopia - Collect every type of ingredient.
Bronze - Full Course - Earn your first "Excellent" while preparing cuisine.
Silver - Master Chef - Earn an "Excellent" while preparing every type of cuisine.
Bronze - Muscle Memory - Get a new high score in one of the Classic Kingdom games.
Silver - Classically Trained - Get a new high score in every Classic Kingdom game.
Bronze - Blademaster - Obtain a Keyblade that is fully powered up.
Silver - Ultima Weapon - Synthesize the Ultima Weapon.
Silver - Leveled Out - Raise Sora to LV 99.

The lack of mention for superbosses is kind of concerning.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So I'm assuming that since this is a spoiler thread, posters here have been posting the leaks of the dude who got his copy early, and we've seen their videos here, I can speak freely about what we know about this game.

I'm going to be blunt and say, this game looks like shit.

Not in terms of visuals, or story, since the visuals are amazing, and the story has not been fully, accurately leaked, but I mean in terms of content as a game.

Like. This is fucking appalling. I feel like this is FFXV day one, all over again. There's hardly anything fucking here. We've got a lot of beautiful Disney worlds which is great! But.

The combat is the same Osaka Team bullshit. Almost all fucking enemies have super=armor, don't stagger, and just knock you out of your combos because LOL I'M NO SELLING YOUR STRIKES, SORA! GET REKT. The intricate, strategic and not-totally-floaty combat of KH2 is fucking dead and never coming back.

All the depth, breadth, and detail of the worlds got put into the Disney side of the game. Not only are there even LESS original worlds in this game, but they're smaller. And a bunch of the original series worlds are just seen in cutscenes. What the fuck??

No Final Fantasy characters at all. Except Moogles. Because Square thinks their own IPs are not important anymore. Right.

And finally, no real post-game content. Kingdom Hearts 3 might as well be called the "Kingdom Hearts 3 Minigames Collection" at this point. Half the fucking trophies are for fucking mini-games. The only optional secret boss is the fucking Leviathan which clearly telegraphs itself as a GUMMI SHIP BOSS. So enjoy hunting 300 crabs and 100 Acre Woods garbage, everyone.

It's like the developer completely forgot what people enjoyed about Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and just rushed this thing out the oven. I'm sorry but I'm not enthused nor hyped.

As for the story, the story could be 100% complete in terms of wrapping up its loose ends but let's be real. Do we REALLY expect that to happen? Especially when the fucking world where a good 1/4th of the mysteries of Kingdom Hearts happened (Radiant Garden) isn't even playable? Like, that's just. Wow.

The only hope is for them to add a bunch of DLC or free updates and we saw how well THAT strategy worked for FFXV.

Square, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I expected as much given that Moogles are the only Final Fantasy characters in the game. Plus, back when Nomura said "No Final Fantasy worlds" will be in Kingdom Hearts 3, I think that's another mistranslation and that he meant in not just worlds but also in Characters too. Or maybe it's actually "No Final Fantasy Content-Except for Moogles will be in Kingdom Hearts 3". Still majorly disappointed, though. And 'Another Chapter closed' Trophy sounds pretty difficult.

Not to mention there's another Trophy on something about "Destroy the Schwarzgeist, menace of the Ocean Between.", is that the Kraken it's talking about, or a new kind of Heartless that has one of the most difficult names to pronounce? I'm confused about this one.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Schwartzgeist is a Gummi boss. It's named after some other shooting game boss I think Square had a hand in making.

I'm not just salty at the lack of FF content. I'm salty at the lack of end game, extra content. There's no secret boss. Why are we doing stupid battle gates ala Dream Drop Distance instead of actual Hercules Cup Seeds? The battle gates are just souped up mobs of heartless and nobodies. That's not interesting.

Why would they take the WORST things nobody liked from DDD and add them to KH3? That just blows my mind. This game just feels like DDD 2, except wider in scope.

The trophies just seal it. This is just mini-game, grind city aside from the plot.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Still a hard and to me a rather ridiculous name to pronounce.

Maybe, IF we're lucky, they'll add a secret boss in DLC content. As for why we're getting contents from DDD, I guess Nomura and the team loved them so much better than the previous games because they thought everyone else did as well. Personally, my bet is that KH3 is the last game of the franchise they're making, and maybe they were more in the mood for mini-games to keep us away from the main plot and calm down before we end up bawling our eyes out at the War in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Either way, KH3 already seems very disappointing and it's not even out yet. Though we could still find ourselves enjoying it and be unexpectedly surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, they could totally go the FFXV route and just load up KH3 with a bunch of free updates, DLCs, and extra stuff, bloat the game by 30 gigs and have it last for 2 years.

But that shouldn't be the answer. You shouldn't have to FIX your already released game. FFXV was "fixed" but by the time the Royal Edition was released, the damage was done. People lost interest and there's a bunch of negative reviews and shit out there thanks to the Day One/Collector's Edition being the first impression of FFXV players had.

You'd think Square would have learned their lesson with FFXV but apparently they didn't. And Nomura and his KH team CLEARLY don't know what their fans want. They didn't know back when they released the Frozen trailer and Nomura sounded like a dumbass, saying he didn't expect so much shock and speculation regarding Aqua being corrupted and evil and there being an absolute lack of Final Fantasy.

I seriously hope KH3 gets the thrashing it deserves for the content that it should rightfully have included. It makes zero fucking sense. I'd cancel my pre-order for it but I got it via Amazon and saved a good bit of cash from the full price so I'm actually glad I didn't pay the full retail price for it. I'd be very vexed, to say the least.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
When it comes to updates, I'm not expecting the Epilogue and the Secret Ending until after FFVII Remake is released since Nomura did want to go straight to that after KH3 was finished...in home console wise, never mind the DLC content.

Well, maybe they couldn't think of another answer to fix it and that's why they're doing this. It's like adding updates on Mobile games, only on consoles such as PS4, Nintendo Switch, ect.

Yeah, they probably didn't and they still go wit hthe same strategy over and over again. If they're not careful, the entire company's gonna go down hill faster than a bullet train. On the other hand, no one in Square Enix are mind readers and fans are not allowed to make full contact with higher-up people without permission.

One can only hope.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Might as well wait and see what reviewers/players say first. See what's in it and if you're interested.

Pre-Ordering games is like playing Russian Roulette with your wallet these days.

Hell, I wasn't even interested in the KH3 special edition. I'm sorry but figures of the toy versions of Sora, Donald and Goofy just... Doesn't appeal to me.

They *might* have gotten me if it were the Pirates outfits they wore but still. Pre-Ordering is just. Not safe, lol.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Probably for the best.

To be honest, I never liked the idea of Toy Story in Kingdom Hearts. To me it and other Pixar films-except for Brave since it fits more into the theme of Kingdom Hearts-just don't fit in right.

I've never trusted Pre-Ordering given that in some cases people pre-order things that end up cancelled or not made anymore and sometimes don't even get their money back. Two years ago, I pre-ordered the last of the Sailor Moon Break-Time figurines, but they stopped delivering them to Australia and the stores didn't even get the Sailor Venus one, so I had to get my money back and order it online from Japan and wait for a couple of weeks.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
It is a bit dissapointing that there's not a lot of post-game content but that's hardly a requierement to enjoying the game, after all OG KH had no postgame content and was a well liked game, the lack of post-game will only hurt KH3 replay value.

I'll save reservation for the combat until the day one patch arrives, which may or may not tweak certain aspects of combat (like the floatiness).

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
But Square released KH: Final Mix a few months later in order to add post game content, and the US release of KH had all the Final Mix content minus the Xemnas secret fight and stuff.

All the KH games we've had released here in US/EU have had post game content. Japan's made sure to do the same after KH 1.

So it's a bizarre and unnecessary step backwards. Why would KH3 not be compared to like KH2: Final Mix?

I mean, considering how short KH3 is? There definitely needs to be post game content. The dude who's leaking sucks ass at the game, and he beat the entire game in around 30 hours. And that's just him mashing X. He wasn't even level 50 either. That's a problem.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...How is it not?

A good RPG game, like say, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts should be at least 40 hours of gameplay.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 Final Mix are about 40 hours.

FFVII was about 40 hours with its bonus stuff.

FFXIII, one of the most linear FF's in the series, is 50 hours.

A dude mashing X, just shy of level 40, using the keyblades you earn from the Disney worlds and leveling up their forms, was able to brute force their way and beat the game in like 30 hours.

That's insanely short. And remember, there are hardly any extras. We see what the trophies are. He did the Gummi stuff, inasmuch as he was able to do the levels necessary and unlock the routes... He leveled up the keyblade forms, and he was able to level up enough to handle the final boss. The only thing he didn't do were the mini-games, and the battle gates.

Oh, and synthesize Ultima Weapon.

That's... It. That's all that's left for a main entry KH game that we've been waiting for, for over 10 fucking years.

Yeah.

This is a problem.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
30 hours seems about right for an action RPG. I can beat KH1 and 2 in well under 15, and that's by no means speedrunning the games. I played through BBS this week, and beat each story in about 4-7 hours. Dunno why you're comparing these to FF; it's a different kind of game.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
If you're beating KH in under 15 hours, that may not be speedrunning, but you're clearly experienced and making a beeline through the plot. You know what to do because you've played the game before.

And that makes sense!

But again. This person is not good at this game. This is their first playthrough, totally blind. It makes sense being able to beat a game you've played before in 30 hours or less... But not when you're clearly bad at the game, having difficulty, and its your first time.

And yeah, FF is a different kind of game, but they're also RPGs that are story driven and have similar tropes in progression. This is not really hard to get, they have all clocked around 40 hours in terms of playtime start to finish. That's considered the standard for a good RPG. Why would anyone want the game to be less than 40, anyways? That makes no sense. This game has been waiting in the wings for 10+ years. So I'm not sure how it even is an argument for KH3 to be 30 hours. That's absurd.

But you want to know the Kingdom Hearts games that do clock in around 30 hours?

358/2 Days and Dream Drop Distance.

Take that as you will. :mon:

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Why would anyone want the game to be 40 hs long (or more)?

A good RPG and any other game is (and should be) good based on how it uses its lenght, not by how long it can b. Are we going to argue Chrono Trigger is not a good RPG becuase is less than 25hs long?

For all we know KH3 could have a streamlined story that wastes little time & has little padding and goes straight to the point.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Um.

If you're playing 60+ dollars for a game... You want your money to go towards the maximum value of entertainment. In regards to entertainment, for a video game, it's how long you have to actually play meaningful gameplay. And when KH3 has about as much storyline content and length as a 3DS side game entry in the series, why then is this game 60 dollars? Why did we have to wait this long for the game? Whats the value in terms of its price going towards then? Do dollars have no value here or something?

Let's make it simple. Would you pay 30 dollars for a movie ticket and the movie only lasts an hour? Would you pay 400 dollars for a football game ticket and the game gets canceled after the first quarter?

And um, what?

Chrono Trigger is a 16bit SNES game from 1995. How are you even making that comparison? What are you talking about? Surely you must know and understand the game type, console, and era in video games is massively diferent than a AAA PS4 game title that's been anticipated for a decade... Like. What type of comparison is that? SNES games couldn't hold that much content given the fact... They were SNES games.... Come on.

Top Bottom