Star Trek Into Darkness... and beyond

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
First Contact is really good, but I don't think it's as good as or better than XI. I'd put The Undiscovered Country at #4, and The Voyage Home at #5. Honestly I'm not sure where I'd rank any of the others, but the old adage (warning: TV Tropes link) of the even-numbered Trek films being good and the odd-numbered Trek films being crap is mostly true, except that Nemesis and XI bucked the trend. The best of the rest is probably The Search for Spock, though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
After The Search for Spock I'd probably say Generations, Insurrection, The Slow-Motion Picture, and The Final Frontier.

I also didn't hate Nemesis as much as the rest of the world did, but I acknowledge its flaws and it does piss me off all they deleted, because almost every deleted scene would have improved the film.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, Generations is probably better than the others in that list.

I haven't seen any of the deleted scenes in Nemesis. Are they worth watching? It really pissed me off
how they killed off Data and then basically negated his sacrifice mere minutes later
. It was even more cheap than
Kirk's death
in Generations.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well, none of them fix that, although there as an alternate (well, extended really) ending which I prefer. But there is a scene from earlier in the movie in Picard's Quarters with a discussion with Picard and Data which bring together a lot more of the movie's themes. There's a lot more to the wedding in the beginning, according to the cast there's a LOT more that isn't even on the DVD releases.
There are a couple more scenes with Shinzon which help his character some. There's also a second Troi mindrape scene which I was fine with not being included.

More than the B4 thing, I just hate when it's obvious a character was killed for it's own sake. By which I mean it was so easily avoidable. WHY would they only have one of those emergency transport things? Hell, why doesn't every single person in Starfleet have one?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, the whole thing was cheap and stupidly done, and pretty clearly not very carefully thought out.

I don't even remember what half of that stuff is even referring to so I'm pretty sure I'd just need to watch the film again, preferably with the deleted scenes restored.

Ghost X

As far as movie posters and originality are concerned, there was an article on io9 aaaaages ago, had a ton of posters categorised (if I recall correctly) into certain repeated styles. Was interesting to look at. Just as with music, I think only a small number of compositions are eye catching to the human eye (in music's case, the human ear :P), so I guess that is why there is only a small number of ways posters are done.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
So does this take place in ST:2009 timeline, or in TOS timeline? 'Cause as much as I thought they did a good job with ST:2009, I was mad that we have yet another time-line to keep track of. Other then that I thought it was good.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Wikipedia is officially the most ridiculous website ever. Abrams, you magnificent troll.

See also: http://xkcd.com/1167/

star_trek_into_darkness.png

Of course, factions immediately sprang up in favor of '~*~sTaR tReK iNtO dArKnEsS~*~', 'xX_StAr TrEk InTo DaRkNess_Xx', and 'Star Trek lnto Darkness' (that's a lowercase 'L').

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
article said:
Abrams, the guy behind hit shows Lost and Fringe

Correction, he had some involvement with Lost's pilot and wrote one episode in season three. Apart from that, he didn't do anything on Lost (despite being credited as Executive Producer in every episode or something) :monster:

In any case, lulz.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
New trailer. May be removed as it's not official so watch quickly.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Damn how I miss the epic feeling Abrams puts into the film! Can't wait to see it once more! T____T

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
DO WANT. That was even more impressive than I thought it would be.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Lots of people jumping off cliffs / high places, and they're crashing another Enterprise? I'm seeing trends here, :monster:.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Yeah, the entire sequence between 1:00 - 1:30 left me utterly speechless. I want that screenshot in HD as my background.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Have I mentioned my relief over this guy also doing Star Wars VII already? :monster:

This is looking great.

Top Bottom