Star Wars Anthology Films (Rogue One, Han Solo, etc.)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
All the ILM folk watching people react to the Rogue One trailer they worked on.
I fucking love this shit.

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
After the somewhat foreign sound design in The Force Awakens, Rogue One feels (sounds) like slipping into an old, comfy pair of sneakers.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Oh man, he was GREAT in Hail, Caesar! and I had no idea he was up for it, bit I think he could absolutely ROCK a young Han.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
A very small example of him in the film (and outside of it), because more people need to know about him.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The move is happening after execs screened the movie and felt it was tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like,” the article says. “The goal of the reshoots will be to lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.

I thought that was the point of spin-offs, to allow them different kinds of movies that don't have to feel like classic Star Wars...

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm also a bit confused by that, but I guess we'll just have to see what it is that we get.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Some clarification: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

Fears that the heavy-duty war movie is being watered down into a lighthearted caper are unfounded, according to what EW has learned. “The movie is very different than [The Force Awakens], and that’s intentional,” one source says. “It’s a war film.”

Rumors that Disney executives have forced the changes to make the movie more family friendly are also false. According to EW’s sources, there have been no test screenings, and it’s unlikely there ever will be on a Star Wars film.

The only two individuals outside of Lucasfilm who have seen Rogue One at this point are Disney CEO and Chairman Bob Iger and studio chief Alan Horn. One source close to the film said rather than feeling like Disney brass was meddling, the filmmakers were just happy the corporate bosses let them alter the schedule and make the changes they wanted.

Tl;dr seems to be that this is just your ordinary scheduled reshoots where they film some additional inserts, not a panicked rejiggering of the movie.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
9EuJFMf.gif

Can't say I remember him.

But if they're introducing Clone Wars characters to live action movies, that opens the door to...

latest

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
9EuJFMf.gif

Can't say I remember him.

But if they're introducing Clone Wars characters to live action movies, that opens the door to...

latest

Assuming she isn't confirmed dead in Rebels. Being an Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader fan myself, I'd love to see his ex-Padawan in a live action film.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Reading about the filming process for Rogue One is SO interesting: http://io9.gizmodo.com/gareth-edwards-explains-why-rogue-one-was-shot-differen-1783754184

Here's one bit of it:

“We went to Jordan to film and we built this set in Pinewood that was 360 degrees so you could kind of look wherever you wanted,” Edwards began. “Normally on a set the extras are told, ‘Okay on action you walk over there and on cut you stop.’ We said, ‘Okay for the next hour you’re cooking food, or you’re doing this car thing,’ and the crew were wearing costumes so if the cameras turned around on them, they wouldn’t be in the shot.”

Edwards shot many of the scenes in Rogue One in this incredibly organic, realistic way.

“We tried to keep it all flowing and the actors were given the freedom to go where they wanted and do the scene in a way that felt right,” Edwards continued. “So there’s a lot of freedom and it had this organic, different vibe to it than you associate sometimes with Star Wars, and so that felt really exciting. As a fan, I wanted to go to these places. It’s gotta feel right, that’s what was a massive learning experience.”

Top Bottom