Star Wars: Episode 7, 8... and BEYOND!

Well, "The Lord of the Rings" movies were shown again in select theatres when "The Hobbit" trilogy was complete, so ... :monster:
What are you talking about? The Hobbit trilogy remained in development hell for so long that Peter Jackson admitted that now it's too late to make those movies. Now we'll never get to see what those movies would have been like.

:whistle:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That's not entirely out of the ordinary, but I'm not convinced it's a good practice. I think the initial cut of Advent Children was done that way?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
At the very least it's MUCH better than the current problematic practice of editing to a temp track and then having the composer attempt to mimic it. I think that so long as there's a solid connection between the two, it can work going both ways, but I've little knowledge or experience on that practice.

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
If that's what it takes for me to feel fully-engaged in another Star Wars soundtrack, I'm cool with it :monster: TFA was good but I felt like it had a hard time hitting the same sort of iconic beats that the prequels (or even the originals) did

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
wrhbolxex7c4qizknn1m.png

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Death hoaxes are dick moves in general. Those that come nearly 2 months after the real thing happened to the subject's co-star take this bullshit to a whole new level.

To whoever was responsible for cooking up the Mark Hamill death hoax, you're an asshole and you can go fuck yourself! Thankfully, Hamill is so alive and well that he took the honors of busting the hoax himself via Twitter.

591d31e24169a1a399a163cc29b4ecc2.jpg

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Why am I not surprised? I don't even know what fate he deserves to be quite honest. I must say the new canon writers are really milking his unpopularity.

And you can kiss Darth Jar Jar goodbye.

All I know about him in Legends is that he succeeded Padme Amidala in the Senate in the aftermath of her death and was in turn succeeded by Padme's youngest niece, Pooja Naberrie (who befriended Leia in the Senate, not knowing they were cousins).

Last edited:

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Just wondering, but does the title of Episode VIII seem typical of Rian Johnson in keeping his movies very cryptic and mysterious? Still haven't seen his movies BTW.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Just wondering, but does the title of Episode VIII seem typical of Rian Johnson in keeping his movies very cryptic and mysterious? Still haven't seen his movies BTW.

I don't really find the title all that cryptic/mysterious tbqh. His titles are all pretty straightforward, especially insofar as films like Looper & Brick they're always just directly referring to the core subject matter of the film. The Last Jedi is the same way, since the Episode VII opening crawl directly refers to Luke as, "the last Jedi" and that's also a title that Yoda bestowed upon him in RotJ. This also has the added advantage in English of also being able to refer to Luke & (likely) Rey – given that the foreign languages revealed that the title is intended to be plural.

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Fuck being a descendant of Obi Wan, it's actually Qui-Gon I bet

Those other theories are all bullshit now right

Top Bottom