Star Wars: Episode 7, 8... and BEYOND!

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash

I posted it in the Catch-All RIP Thread, but this is Artoo, a major sidekick, we're talking about, so it's understandable that the sad news of his actor's passing would be posted 3 times. This is the Droid that always got the heroes out of trouble at the right time, whether it's fixing the Shield Generator of Queen Amidala's ship, saving the same Queen (at this point now a Senator) from having lava poured on her in the Battle Droid Factory, taking out 2 Separatist Battle Droids with oil and fire, delivering distress signals to and from Obi-Wan Kenobi, finding the location of Leia's prison cell, fixing Hyperdrives, cutting open Ewok traps, or hiding Jedi Lightsabers in its body and launching them to their owners at the right moment. Oh yeah, and like Threepio, he aided two full generations of the Skywalker family. He's my favorite Droid in all of Star Wars.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
A week ago in a galaxy very very close, I signed up on the message board on this Star Wars fansite called theforce.net (I signed up under the name of Nanaki there...not only as a FF7 reference but also because it's an anagram of my favorite SW character, Anakin). Well, today, the talk of the social threads was news that Turner Broadcasting (which owns TBS and TNT) has acquired the television rights to the Star Wars saga, and they'll start showing the Original and Prequel Trilogy films next week. As of now, this does not include TFA (which for the moment is on Starz), but will include that and future films in due time.

And speaking of future films, I found this on Twitter for those of you itching for Episode VIII speculation.

18b2ffbd42cc83bb8422a75385e9ac04.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It'll be interesting to see how they blend the technologies to get the final result, since I don't think an unmodified puppet would have the level of fidelity and intricate detail needed for facial movement and such. Reacting to a physical stand-in would be much better for the actors for non-hologram scenes.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It does hint that the whole schooling and training stuff is... pretty much bullshit and all it takes is teh force~

If that's not a religious allusion then IDK what is :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Part of his approach seems odd, because that means that he'd never see any finished product and how well his music does or doesn't work with it, because by the time that final product is done, he's in a different headspace and working on new music and doesn't want to pollute himself with previous work when in that new creative phase. Understandable, but unfortunate for him, I think since he only sees WIP versions of his work.

X :neo:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
It does hint that the whole schooling and training stuff is... pretty much bullshit and all it takes is teh force~

If that's not a religious allusion then IDK what is :monster:

I dunno, in general going up against somebody better trained than you results in going home missing some limbs.

According to this, Snoke will be a huge puppet instead of CG in the EpVIII

Well, I guess we can rule out him being the end bossfight, then.

Episode VIII is going to be interesting. They're going to have to have the first order strike back without all the fans going 'wow, the empire struck back, there's a surprise', but what can they strike back at? They've already

destroyed a star system (and the government), killed a main character and grievously wounded another one
Where can they go from here? I wonder how they'll handle that, because they're in need of some way to prove their credentials. It's a hard one.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Well, that would have been my prefered method, especially since they would never dare recast.

So ... written out offscreen then I suppose.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So long as her family is fine with it, I wouldn't have a problem with them doing it, but I respect the choice not to. Tarkin was one thing for folks of whom only a handful probably ever met Peter Cushing, but they had to have gotten to know Carrie Fisher -- so that would have had to just feel icky to imagine.

Top Bottom