Starcraft II

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
VERY shocking. It's available for pre-order, and is out this year, though it is still lacking a precise release date (being Blizzard and all, and Beta still making some heavy changes to Multiplayer).

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm considering getting the limited edition, as it has both SC 1 and 2 (my original discs are fully screwed over anyway and I might as well get a new legit set :monster:) Also I'm a sucker for soundtracks and extra special awesome stuff.

The WoW pet thing is stupid, though. And the whole box set costs 150 AUD. =(

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Alot of pish being thrown around about a possible september release, although GAME is advertising it for June which is total bollocks.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm considering getting the limited edition, as it has both SC 1 and 2 (my original discs are fully screwed over anyway and I might as well get a new legit set :monster:) Also I'm a sucker for soundtracks and extra special awesome stuff.

The WoW pet thing is stupid, though. And the whole box set costs 150 AUD. =(

Starcraft WoW pet?

Can I have if you don't want it? :)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah why not.

Unless one of my WoW whore friends want it, then unfortunately no. =/

Also most other games would have set a definite release date by now. If it's really going to be released in 2010, then this is most definitely bollocks.
I suppose it's because of how many pooey issues are in the beta right now. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
None of your whore friends do want it; I can tell you that right now. :monster: Just email me the code when you get it. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
idgi. When you buy Starcraft, do they want you to play the game, or do they want you to put it aside while you fuck with your new WoW pet? :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah I always thought of the WoW pet as this unimportant gimmick they attached on the end like a third limb attached to the back of someone's head and I don't really see the point - most of the people aren't out to buy it for the pet so much as they are buying it for the artbook, the Raynor dog tags and the actual Starcraft II game, could you believe :monster:

AKA
One thing that seems to escape me in very clip i see about SC2, the zerg have evolved and as such now have a combined zerg/protoss biology but when you hear kerrigan speaking of them she mentiones "we have evolved" does that mean she too is adapting and the queen of blades will look even more kick ass than normal?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
zerg/protoss biology

Also interesting to note that Kerrigan spent a while capturing terrans trying to come up with smarter infested terrans like her but just ended up with malformed suicide soldiers like usual. Turned out that a whole lot of genes had to be something or other in particular to work and Kerrigan was just lucky. Or something. Protoss/Zerg wouldn't be as hard considering the similarities in Xel'Naga engineering, though. O LOOKIT ME I'M A LORE NERD :wackymonster:

But yeah I think you have confused with Duran's crazy experiments. And the hot-pink scheme with Kerrigan doesn't really do it for me =/

AKA
But yeah I think you have confused with Duran's crazy experiments.
Huh?
I was on about the major trailers where she talks about their evolution.
This merely from the state of play at the end of brood war when you play the secret mission to find the protoss/zerg hybrid.

The terran hybrids are basic forces during normal campaign so i wouldn't really band them together with the whole protoss/zerg hybrids.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah the secret mission was Duran's crazy experiments and those zerg/protoss hybrids have nothing in particular to do with Kerrigan's Swarm. Duran buggered off on his own and completely disappeared.

Kerrigan's own comments are merely referring to her own little genetic tampering and experimentation, I believe.

AKA
See i was always led to believe she incorporated the experiment into her own evolution plans as it gave her a smarter and more powerful form of zerg.
Wasn't her major goal to have the zerg more metally proficient like the protoss?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I like how this seemingly rare and hard to get to secret mission is such a major plot element.

...or well, you guys make it look that way.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
seemingly rare and hard to get to secret mission

<cough>power overwhelming</cough>

@intelligent Zerg: there's a backstory to that... the Terrans and Protoss were experimenting on infested Zerg (for different reasons). The Protoss developed a technology called nanites that can stop or reverse Zergification, so you have A) infested Terrans called mutates that are intelligent, but still monstrous and borderline insane from Zerg instincts, and B) Terrans like Admiral Stukov who was killed, resurrected as a Zerg, and then successfully re-humanized.

Kerrigan also fooled around with intelligent Zerg but nowadays she's more interested in a decent consort. So between her wanting a Zerg boyfriend and Raynor having a cure, we're probably going to see an interesting dynamic between the two.

AKA
I like how this seemingly rare and hard to get to secret mission is such a major plot element.

...or well, you guys make it look that way.
Not really rare you just had to complete the last mission in less than 20mins i think.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Not really rare you just had to complete the last mission in less than 20mins i think.

Yeah, that, and if I recall correctly it was a mission somewhere in the middle of the campaign. But still, I'd assume that you're not officially supposed to finish that mission within the time limit.

Also, cheatz r bad mmkay? :monster:. Do games still come with cheats nowadays? It was all the rage back when. You know, iddqd and shit.

AKA
Lol the guide came with the cheats in the back of it.

There is no cow level!!!!!

Srsly loved playing on battlenet and seeing all the newbs type that online.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Lol the guide came with the cheats in the back of it.

Yeah, an entire A4 back page (or was it inset cover?) of cheats. I suspect it could be the same this time round too. :awesome:

I found Stukov's resurrection to be quite a bizarre event and personally I think would have been much more significant than it was made out to be once they decided to make it canon. Which begs the question of why they made it canon.

I wasn't aware that Raynor was actively searching for a cure, though. Interesting.

Kerrigan also fooled around with intelligent Zerg but nowadays she's more interested in a decent consort. So between her wanting a Zerg boyfriend and Raynor having a cure, we're probably going to see an interesting dynamic between the two.

And yeah there was a period of time where she was experimenting for smarter infested terrans like her, but most of them fission mailed as apparently it's all in the genetics and Kerrigan was like a one-in-a-billion or summat.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
For the record, I'd like this to be a game that doesn't require you to have read all the books and whatever other shit has been made around the game to get it, kthx.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I agree. Although I'm really into all the lore and backstory, I think that it should just add a little something, aka you'd me more inclined to pick up on subtle character features, or obscure references, but nothing that NEEDS to be read to play through both games.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Exactly. 'Cause it's just annoying when there's an inside joke you're not into, :monster:.

Of course, you didn't miss that much if you didn't read the backstory on the origins of the three races in the booklet for the original game, in terms of the game experience. Well, some, maybe.

While we're on the subject, exactly what has been produced about it outside of the games? 'Cause there's an English book store that sells game-related books and such, :awesome:.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Short answer: A hell of a lot. A few novels, a lot of comic books (limited edition comes with a comic book), soon an official soundtrack, a board game, a chess board, D&D game (I think), and other stuff.
Including quite a bit on Ghost, the lazy fuckers. =/

Man I read through all the lore in the strategy guide. Some of it put the game in a great perspective and was actually really fascinating, especially with the Xel'naga and the relationship between Protoss and Zerg.
Also, to a lesser extent, Terrans and Earth. Playing the game makes you feel you're only jumping into the middle of it, so reading up on the lore was pretty important for me.

Apparently the Xel'naga are going to return or something. I AM EXCITE.
Also, not as related but still cool (old stuff is old): Starcraft: First Contact (specifically the awesome video)

Last edited:
Top Bottom