Steal me, please! Zidane/Garnet

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I mean Im fine with Zidane being short but he's 16 not 5. Fanarts kinda exaggerate with him and the other characters. It's a shame sometimes. ;-;

crack

Donator
Hopy shit guys winter got me into writing fan fic and dfgskdjgdslg I love this couple so much but there's not much fic on them I want to write some...

but I am also so satisfied with how the game portrayed their relationship I don't think I could even write fic if I tried ;____________;
holy shit. rishi, please do it. crimsoncobwebs is the probably the ONLY author writing Zidane/Dagger atm and if you do it i would love you forever. i could try contributing a fanart of some sort if you do!

and a lot of artists don't bother with his muscle mass, and without it he looks lankier than he already is.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Again, sorry if posted before.

tumblr_lsp06mAnQ81r3zk4jo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsny6phKPx1r4pqefo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrsbkhllDE1qhxpglo1_500.jpg

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
god zidane and dagger are rhe best final fantasy pair try to tell me otherwise

oh wait you cant

suck it suckers

this was an extremely non-sober post oh yes

Valentyne

zack addict
AKA
shin
i wish FFIX had been more popular though. maybe it's cuz of the graphics but every minute of the game is worth playing for me.

and i absolutely like Garnet. cool eidolons. XD your party can't survive without her.
Zidane too, esp his outfit. lulz. so cute.:lol:

ASmilingMalice

I'm kind of a big deal
AKA
Marilyn Manson-Looking Fuck (no really)
Joining. They are my favorite FF couple hands down. Be prepared for massive fangirl posts on my behalf because omfg this game and this couple and these characters are all just perfect.

NC1234567

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Jman
zitagane.jpg

Club for Zidane and Garnet of Final Fantasy IX. The classiest FF couple in the series.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY ZIDANE & DAGGER?

Well, why the heck not? Personally, Zidane and Dagger are my favourite Final Fantasy couple, period. Their romance is that of a fairy tale: it's forbidden, it's a cliche, it's charming, it's funny, it's sweet, it's tragic and it's definitely high in drama. Despite being so against the odds as they are, it is still somehow subtle and believable.

Also because Looney, as a bored insomniac, needs procrastination material and would not mind some good fanfic :awesome:
Too bad it doesn’t deliver as much as it was hyped up to be and not enough focus. Especially when Garnet selfishly drugs and abandons him to run back to her psycho mother like an idiot (whom she wanted to ESCAPE FROM in the first place) and spends most of the game giving him cold shoulder to instead drown in a puddle of her own angst and whine about her mother and kingdom (Especially when the mute segment happens), it just gets in the way of the love story. Zidane and Garnet’s romance was not well done and emphasized enough.

I'm joining! These two are one of the most epic and awesome Final Fantasy couples ever, imo. I loved every moment of their relationship
I didn’t, I really hate what happens after Disk 1 Lindblum and how Garnet treats Zidane for a lot of the game, she just comes off as unlikable and a spoiled privileged girl who cares more about her crazy mother than the devoted guy who has done nothing but help, protect her and stay by her side. She is too selfish to appreciate Zidane and her friends and drugs them to get her way when they think her plan is stupid.

Also I posted this club in a more populated forum and got like... 3 replies.

I COMMEND TLS FORUMS FOR ITS AWESOME TASTE/EPIC WIN :monster:
Almost as if IX and its love story are not that well liked, which is completely understandable. When you actually analyze it, IX is full of bad and grade-school writing, annoying/stupid characters and moments, and a love story that really didn’t deliver on its promises. Anyone with a little care to objective criticism can see the deep flaws in its design and the rushed nature of being put together while most of Square were working on FFX and PlayOnline.

^ this :monster:

Zidance x Garnet is better than RinoaxSquall, apparently. :monster:
It’s really not. Squall and Rinoa had a real developed romance while Garnet and Zidane fell in love for being within five feet of each other for a long period of time, despite Garnet ABANDONING HIM and blowing him off. Garnet pushed "naive princess" to insane levels - Rinoa was actually plausible and realized when she got in over her head.

I sum up a lot of IX’s problems here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14012757/1/Everything-Wrong-with-Final-Fantasy-IX

Last edited:

Elkazor

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cinder Wing
If I had a nickel for every time someone thought to respond to posts that were over a decade old with a snarky, condescending rebuttal, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't much, but it's weird that it happened twice.

... Also, do they realize they're meticulously rebuking posts that are over a decade old? What purpose will this serve?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I really like Zidane/Dagger. Both characters have flaws that they have to overcome, they’re thrown together by their shared goal, but they are often at odds at first, but it’s never truly antagonistic, more like she’s eye-rolling his poor excuse for flirtation. The dynamic develops really naturally over the course of the story. Not having a choice in party composition until the end of Disc 2 sells this, as that’s when their kind of will-they-won’t-they tumult comes to an head with both characters clearly down bad for one another but accepting that it isn’t meant to be. Then you get like a whole disc where they are best friends, before the finale, which cranks up the romance as they fear to lose one another.

I think it’s a well conceived and executed romance. I’m not above lending a critical eye to everything, but, if we’re going to criticize it, why are you coming so hard for Dagger? I understood all of her actions perfectly, and quite related to her. I relate to Zidane too (mostly in being a girl-crazy theatre kid), but he was the one that had to win me over, not her. Luckily for me, he totally did. But I’m kind of vulnerable to Hey Mamas types :monster:

You forget that Dagger is putting herself in all the same danger, right? They’re travelling companions right from the first dungeon, and without her healing they all would have died.

A propos of nothing, your immediate statement basically says “if don’t agree with me you’re an ignoramus” is one hell of a way to enter a discussion chat. I’m gonna make my case anyway, but that attitude is getting justly ratio’d.

Top Bottom