Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I really want to enjoy that level of action gameplay in a Final Fantasy setting. We deserve more than Sephiroth trying to mug some kid's keyblade or Not!Noctis trying to murder you in Shibuya.
I mean... it's not like the guy who designed DMCV's combat system is now working at Square Enix or anything... It's probably a good thing he seems to have gotten in with all the Matsuno-inspired SE devs though... their *other* big game toes the line of a T Rating pretty often. It would/will be interesting to see what they come up with when they don't have to keep the T Rating...

A Dark Souls/FF combination certainly has a ton of potential. I'm really wondering if we'll see something akin to the job system in this (assuming it's real, obviously). If FFXVI is akin to DMC/character action, then some sort of focus on character customization and classes would set this apart from that style of game (edit: meaning like Souls-style RPG stuff, like starting with a blank-slate kind of customizable character with different equipment, builds, and whatnot; and of course, we don't have lots of info about FFXVI either, so who knows). I don't know about Nioh, since I've never played it and I've heard the combat is deeper than Souls', but Dark Souls isn't character action.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Hmmm, the further from the Dissidia storyline the better I say. That Warrior of Light is tragically plain and Garland is comically evil. I think they'd be a poor fit for a violent, Soulslike FF. A new cast please.

Still doesn't explain why making the game linked to FF1 of all games? Like where are the FF1 fans claiming they wanted game set in game's universe? Cause I never found any of them.

I think tying the setting to FF1 and calling it "Origins" is effective because it immediately brings "classic FF aesthetic" to mind. The fantasy armor and monsters of those first FFs are a perfect fit for this genre.

I forgot when it was that they revealed midgar was all of P1

E3 2019, where they also walked through the combat system for the first time.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Final Fantasy Legend is the US name for the SaGa games

0vpxVgL.png

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I'd say its not a given that an FF1 related new game, even one made by Team Ninja MUST be connected to Dissidia (while Dissidia is beholden to FF1, the opposite is not true) in any way. They could just run with it afresh without having to take another subseries into consideration.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
If this is truly based on Souls, character creation will be definitely a thing, and it would make sense they would choose FFIs story as the background since the main characters were basically nobodies in terms of personality.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
If this is a way for Amano-style Final Fantasy shine in the modern day, I'm all for it. Especially as a souls-like Action RPG. This has big potential to be a great spin-off series in a similar way Chrystal Chronicles was.

What it actually is probably won't live up to the version in my imagination, but yeah. I'm very curious. (unless it totally does)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Jack, Ash and Jed are the names of the characters.

You're fucking lying. Stop. Say sike right now. LOL there's no way.

Dialogue is a bit weird sounding, but I'm hoping that's just from the trailers and it'll sound better in-game. That happens sometimes.

I'm willing to give the game a try, especially since the combat looks appropriately dark, violent and action focused. It opens up a new feel for combat in FF that's not been seen before. If it can pull it off, this would be a cool side thing to play. It's definitely not main entry material, but it's not meant to be.

it looks like FF: The Bouncer.

FF Origin wishes it looked that cool :awesome:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
You're fucking lying. Stop. Say sike right now. LOL there's no way.

Dialogue is a bit weird sounding, but I'm hoping that's just from the trailers and it'll sound better in-game. That happens sometimes.

I'm willing to give the game a try, especially since the combat looks appropriately dark, violent and action focused. It opens up a new feel for combat in FF that's not been seen before. If it can pull it off, this would be a cool side thing to play. It's definitely not main entry material, but it's not meant to be.

FF Origin wishes it looked that cool :awesome:
It's in the video description lmao ;D

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, yeah the character designs are quite uninspired.. But I suppose they're going for a grounded, everyman look for the protagonists? It could work...

It's in the video description lmao ;D

There's grounded and then there's... Facedown in the ground. LOL damn.

At least it looks fun, and I'm glad they retained Garland's Dissidia voice actor and his attitude.

Top Bottom