• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sudden Realizations

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Hey everyone, miss me? No? At least remember who I am? Bah, fine then.

Anyway, I am back once more with this thread, which is all about those moments when something you didn't understand from FFVII or the Compilation suddenly clicked for you.

I'll start with a contribution that's a wee bit embarrassing. Just last night, I settled in to watch ACC again, and got to a scene I had always accepted but never really understood. Cloud gets blown up by Yazoo and Loz, and next thing we know he's in the Lifestream with Aerith and Zack. They heal him and send him back. Except when he awakes, he's now in the Church. For years I've been confused, how did he get there? Did his body move through the Lifestream? Did he get a new body made from scratch?

Finally it hit me last night, only Cloud's mind, his consciousness, was in the Lifestream. It was an out of body experience of sorts. His body, meanwhile, got thrown up and away by the explosion, and crashed down through the roof of the Church. Again.

This may not be what happened according to Word of God, I couldn't say. But it makes the most sense to me. :awesome: So, anyone else got a similar moment of "Eureka!" that springs to mind?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
OMG

YOU'VE RETURNED

faintingpeggy.gif

Anyway...

I don't think he was blown into the air and landed in the church. A lot of people tend to think that Avalanche found him and brought him there. I think it sounds like it makes sense.

I think I would take Zack and Aerith putting him there themselves over the idea of Cloud being blown into the air and somehow managing to land in the church. :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I member u

I'm fond of you too Bats, but keep your member to yourself if you please. :monster:

OMG

YOU'VE RETURNED

faintingpeggy.gif

Anyway...

I don't think he was blown into the air and landed in the church. A lot of people tend to think that Avalanche found him and brought him there. I think it sounds like it makes sense.

I think I would take Zack and Aerith putting him there themselves over the idea of Cloud being blown into the air and somehow managing to land in the church. :monster:

Like I said, it doesn't work best for everyone, but it works best for me. I have a hard time seeing everyone finding Cloud's beaten to hell body and saying "Eh, throw him in that pool in the church, that'll be good enough." Ok, maybe Cid and Barrett might have reacted that way. Yuffie too. Damn your idea does make a certain amount of sense when viewed this way.

I love you EG...

I don't love your red font. *sadface*

Love ya too Brookie, even if you are suddenly a zombie since last I was here. Love the sig that comes with the zombification as well. And sorry, but I love my red font. It only hurts your eyes cause of all the WIN its made of. :awesome:

Username

Banned
Yeah I second that butherthegirl, I know this isn't a introduction thread but you seem cool lol, sorry.

I didn't realise that about that scene actually. So thanks for enlightening me on it :)

Love ya too Brookie, even if you are suddenly a zombie since last I was here. Love the sig that comes with the zombification as well.

b r a i n s...

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains

nomomomom

/derailing thread

Also, new people, this is EG. He is awesome. <3

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
@Butcherthegirl & Username: Nice to see some new faces around here, and don't worry about this not being an introduction thread on my account. I hardly ever pay attention to those, so gotta introduce yourself somewhere. And yes, yes I am awesome. Just look at my sig, that compliment from Tres I quoted there is a response to my very first post when I signed up here. Proof of my awesome.

Edit: Dawww... thanks Femjoe, for providing further proof of my awesomeness.

butcherthegirl

Don't Waste Ma Time
AKA
butcher, Jian
And about AC. I always thought that Cloud entered some sort of trance, meaning his body is still on the Planet's surface but his consciousness is in the Lifestream. And while that's happening, I reckon Tifa and the others brought him back to the church.

And I wish Aeris would have a little more dialogue in the movie. God I miss her.

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
I'd always assumed Aerith put his body in the church because of that one line:

Girl said:
Girl: It's just like she said, "Wait here and Cloud will come back."
...In retrospect it might also mean "Wait here [with Cloud's body] and he'll come back [to life]", but I seriously thought when I first heard it that Cloud had pretty much bought the farm, entered the Lifestream as dead, and Aerith picked the church as his respawn point because it was closest to her influence.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I always figured that Avalanche carried his body to the church. They are standing around after all when he wakes up.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I think it makes more sense and is less "a wizard did it" to assume Avalanche took him there. I mean they were right there with the airship and saw the explosion, and the rain clearly had healing properties and there was conveniently a large collection of it - and a huge crowd of people - at the church. As for Aerith and Zack, yeah, either his consciousness was in the Lifestream or it was another vision like the others Cloud has throughout the movie.

Also, I had been wondering what happened to you, welcome back!

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
I always figured that Avalanche carried his body to the church. They are standing around after all when he wakes up.

But they are not actually the ones around him. It's the little kids. Which is why I thought it was that Aerith & Zack sent him there; seems weird if he was a dead/wounded body submerged in the water just moments before (both that AVALANCHE isn't right there, and that little kids are coming up to him)...unless we're supposed to assume that Cloud was actually healed for some time before he awoke. Which is possible, it just still seems funny that we're supposed to assume that (and still seems funny that Tifa would back off from Cloud's side after taking him over).

And considering the plot of the whole movie, is "a wizard did it" really that out of place?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'd always assumed Aerith put his body in the church because of that one line:

...In retrospect it might also mean "Wait here [with Cloud's body] and he'll come back [to life]", but I seriously thought when I first heard it that Cloud had pretty much bought the farm, entered the Lifestream as dead, and Aerith picked the church as his respawn point because it was closest to her influence.

Are you saying Aerith built him a new body or something? I'm not really feeling that. Even less than the idea that Cloud landed in the church.

Seems most simple to conclude that AVALANCHE took him there if you ask me.

Seems most simple to conclude that AVALANCHE took him there if you ask me.

That's probably what happened. I mean, all the members are around him when he wakes up. That's one of the things that really confuses me.

Another thing is with Tseng and Elena. I always thought they had gotten killed in the begining of the movie (the gunshots, Reno sounds like he's pissed), but yet when Rufus is healed Aeris' Holy Rain (or whatever it's called), the two are right there with him. :huh: Am I seeing things?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, considering that Aerith can talk to Tifa (the water drop scene implies this, anyways), the former probably told the latter to carefully scrape Cloud off the roof of the ShinRa building or wherever he landed and take him to the church.

And even just landing in the pool, as strange as that trajectory is, makes more sense than death and resurrection.

Of course, now I'm wondering what AVALANCHE- especially Tifa- was like during the time gap between explosion and his eventual awakening.

As for Tseng and Elena, Vincent also mentions rescuing them earlier in the movie.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
^ Probably looking for their young, fearless, occasionally schizophrenic leader's ass. :P A night did pass during the time he was in whitespace, after all.

Plus, right before he awakes, we can see the hands of the children all around him, putting him into the water.

So, AVALANCHE carried him and let the children put him in.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Well I doubt the children PUT him in. They were probably just resting their hands on him or keeping him afloat or something, lol. Like how if someone is in a coma, you rest your hand on them...contact can be reassuring.

But here's a question? If Cloud's body truly was in the church for a whole day...was he in the water all that time? Like, it took a long time for the water to heal him, I guess?

And if so, why isn't he pruny?

Ryu said:
Yeah, considering that Aerith can talk to Tifa (the water drop scene implies this, anyways), the former probably told the latter to carefully scrape Cloud off the roof of the ShinRa building or wherever he landed and take him to the church.

Or maybe she called her on her cell. Apparently Aerith can do that.

EDIT: Jokes aside...Tifa did hear Aerith's voice in CoT.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
^ Probably looking for their young, fearless, occasionally schizophrenic leader's ass. :P A night did pass during the time he was in whitespace, after all.

Plus, right before he awakes, we can see the hands of the children all around him, putting him into the water.

So, AVALANCHE carried him and let the children put him in.

Well, technically, we just see their hands touching him, not putting him into the water, and those kids couldn't have lifted Cloud, though they could have 'walked' him through the water.

Anyways, I figure there was some time- how long I don't know- between Cloud's dunking and his waking.

Or maybe she called her on her cell. Apparently Aerith can do that.

"Hello? Oh, hi Aerith. Why haven't you called? I know you're dead, but that's no reason not to stay in touch..."

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Jesus, you two. You nitpick. :@

He floated just fine in the water. It's easy to guide a floating body in the middle of a lake, ya know? That's what I'm saying.

But here's a question? If Cloud's body truly was in the church for a whole day...was he in the water all that time? Like, it took a long time for the water to heal him, I guess?

And if so, why isn't he pruny?
1. The hairspray that makes his hair solid was spread on his body. The perfect shield from the outside world!
2. Mako is THAT cool.
3. They had just put him in, and thus he had been able to return. Without the healing help of the water, he was still in the whitespace. My guess is that he spent the most of time there, as they were carrying him to the church, not in the water. As for why it feels so short... Near-death experience makes the passing of time subjective, I guess?

P.S. Had Tifa got a phone in ACC? I thought she got one only after, since we see it only in DoC...

And who thought that the Lifestream had such a superb connection. Optical fibers what?

Last edited:
Top Bottom