Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Dean is being a right fucktard this time around.

WOW ARE YOU ACTUALLY SAYING THAT OR AM I DREAMING OR MISINTERPRETING YOUR SARCASM?

But yeah, agree. I wasn't AS pissed off at Dean as some people were (like saying they now hate him wtf), but I just kinda had to shake my head in disappointment. xD I can't believe Dean and Cas almost killed each other too - so hastily. But you know, w/e. Both of the bros have their times of idiocy sometimes. It's called character depth I guess LAWL.

I personally thought the "Cas you child" line was bittersweet but that's just me. x'D

Also Cas is gay pride. :'D

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
LOL, no I'm legit pissed at him. :@
Well, the writers. Dean of all people would never react like that. Castiel was the only person who stood by him even when Dean was being a bitch. Dean not being there for Castiel is partially the reason Castiel turned to Purgatory to begin with.

It's just so lazy on the part of the writers. I understand what they're trying to do, which is to bring the show's focus back to Dean and Sam (the Cas & Dean friendship was starting to rival it), but this is so unlike Dean that it makes me want to RAGE!!!

On another note, I like the idea of Sam not really being back and still being stuck with Lucifer. That's one plot point that's got me excited and I hope it's not just Lucifer trying to trick him because that's too easy.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah I totally agree. I mean "Call him what you want just kill him now!" srsly Dean?! Some were saying it was within Dean's character to act like that but I disagree. Like Sam said, Dean never gave up on Sam when he was all fucked in the head (he still is) and he and Cas have dat profound bond why the FUCK would Dean willingly kill him and easily believe that Cas is gone? I would think he'd do anything to get the old Cas back but it was Sam who ended up praying for him in the end. (GOOD IDEA SAMMY<3)

Also I lol'd so hard at Dean's humor. At least that's one thing that didn't change.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Oh well, I guess it's Dean's turn to be a dick? For 6 seasons he's been the guy who keeps on giving until there's nothing left. My bb <3

I still think this is their way of making a distinction between how much Dean cares for Sam vs how much he cares for Cas and I think it's a stupid way to go back to the Dean & Sam show. You don't just butcher every other character and relationship.

but it was Sam who ended up praying for him in the end

Ja, where the fuck did that come from? What happened to the ~profound bond~? Huh? LOL

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's the curse of following up on the nonsense from the last season.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
DO YOU GUYS THINK CAS IS REALLY DEAD? I THINK SO THIS TIME. IT DOESN'T GET MORE REAL THAN HIS BODY SPLITTING APART AND HIS JACKET WASHING UP ON SHORE OMG NOOOOO ALL MY CREYS RIGHT NOW. I heard this was the last episode Cas was supposed to be in, too.

And OMG Dean and Sam getting taken to Sioux Falls OHMYFUCK

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I really despise what they've done to Castiel.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Like since now, or during season six? I didn't mind Godstiel. I thought he was going to last longer than he did, and I didn't expect the souls to be escaping so soon. But the whole Leviathan thing... NOTOKAY. They brought the real Cas back for like two seconds just to taunt us. Ugh.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Like since now, or during season six? I didn't mind Godstiel. I thought he was going to last longer than he did, and I didn't expect the souls to be escaping so soon. But the whole Leviathan thing... NOTOKAY. They brought the real Cas back for like two seconds just to taunt us. Ugh.

What they did with him for the entire last season was crap.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
In all honesty, the last season was okay, but not a favorite. It had some good parts but I felt it could've been better really. I was kind of mad that what Cas was doing last season went so wrong with Dean and Sam and even moreso in this season, but I thought it would be good for character development on his part.. but
then his coat just washes up on shore after he lets the Leviathan loose in the public water supply..
Is that really all??

I can understand god-Cas not lasting long, being he did have the entirety of Purgatory in his body/vessel but,
I thought the Leviathan boss would use Cas' body as it's vessel and send the rest out, but even Cas just disappeared..

*Sigh* I guess I'll have to see how the rest of the season goes before I decide whether or not it was meant for future story purpose. Even Misha himself kind of sounded a little down in his interview when he said he too didn't know if he'd get anymore eps after the first 2. I like the story direction, but I'll have to watch the rest of it first.

~ Raz

Sesc

Audiophile
In my opinion, this season feels a lot more promising than the last.

I admit that I did enjoy various parts of Season Six, but overall it was a weak season. Most of the time I was questioning myself what they were trying to build up to. It honestly just felt like the authors were weaving random ideas together in attempt to construct a coherent story -- it lacked a clear and general direction.

And exploring Dean's relationship with Lisa was crap. I'm glad that they got that over and done with.

So far there's not too much to say about the current season, but I do have to say how surprised I was at how quickly they stripped Cas of his god-hood. It was with good reason, but considering where the last season left off 'Stopping Cas' felt like it'd be the main focus. Leviathans are not bad of an alternative, and Sam's mental breakdowns great -- but throwing away Cas's role like that was a bit eh.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I miss Castiel. So much. I really hope he comes back. Misha Collins signed up for 6 episodes this season so he has to comeback in some form or fashion after this.

And I miss Dean too. This strange pod person who's pissy all the time is starting to get very fucking annoying.

The episode was good, but it broke my heart a lot. Between seeing Sam develop fullblown schizophrenia, Castiel disappearing, and Bobby's house (the literal base of EVERYTHING) just being nuked, Bobby disappearing... Just. It definitely looks like everything's just fucking closing in on them. They're getting fisted by fate horribly. This entire season looks like it's gonna be rough as hell.

This episode was just. Goddamnit. The leviathans are really fucking annoying.

The writers are seriously tearing up what we know and are comfortable with, to do something different in terms of the story. It has potential, I'll give them that.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
I really like this Leviathan story so far, I'm just mad that Castiel seems written off so fast and suddenly out of the picture. I mean, I know Misha loves his role as Cas and I highly doubt his presence being reduced to Special Guest Star from Series Regular isn't his fault. It's nice to hear he's going to have at least 4 more episodes, but I hope he doesn't get written off permanently. I know it's natural to lose some good characters in a story (like Jo and Ellen as well as Gabriel) but I feel they're trying to shove him out of the way too fast and even possibly shoving Sam's schizo-ness down our throats.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope Sam can recover from this, but it does feel a little forced right now. Also, in Dean's defense, he may be pissy, but, given all they been through and ontop of that, losing Cas and Sam slowly going bonkers is probably making him crack. I mean, even Dean loses his cool sometimes. Sure, the writers may be pushing it, but everyone has a breaking point. Now that Bobby's vanished too, I think Dean's really cracking.

As a whole tho, I hope Dean's character doesn't get OOCed and Sam recovers. I hope Cas eventually comes back too and they find Bobby..

~ Raz

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dean's lost his cool before but..it's never been like this. It's a different kind of anger and attitude that just is really getting annoying.

I actually like the angle of Sam's break from reality, but I do agree it's getting really old seeing Sam get a new problem each fucking season through the show. It'd be nice if he could just be...healthy for once. Christ.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
On that note, Mako, Dean needs more focus on what he feels. Sam has been through a lot, but this seems to be pushing it a bit. Yes, Dean's anger and attitude does seem a bit different, but I feel it's probably because things are really going to complete shit now. I mean, he felt betrayed by Cas and it really hurt him, then Cas literally seems to be dead now, so I don't think it's too wierd.. yet. I think he's just feeling a confusing mix of anger at his betrayal (in his eyes) and sadness at losing him really. And piled ontop of it is Sam going schizo.

Let's see how it goes on. :)

~ Raz

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I feel like they never really redeemed Sam after Season 5, and then in season 6 he was fucking soulless, which was the worst direction to take at that point. That was my main gripe with season 6, in addition to the weird pacing and completely nonsensical switch from Eve, who was built up as the main boss, to Castiel.

And then they just get rid of god!Castiel in a way that does the character no justice whatsoever.

Just find what you want to do, show! It looks like writers are changing their minds halfway through and branching off in different directions all the time.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sam jumping into the deepest circle of Hell with Lucifer, sacrificing himself to save the world and most importantly, his brother isn't redemption....?

I agree with your other points though. Although I kinda found soulless Sam bizarrely amusing.

I really do hope they can at least...resolve Castiel properly in this arc. Cause yeah, that was shitty.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
@ Mako, agreed, sacrificing himself to stop Lucifer was very noble and redeeming in my eyes as well and probably a high point of Sam's character development.

Dean has always been the older brother and always tried to carry Sammy forward through everything, as well as literally being his brother's keeper. However, Sam's sacrifice was a testament to taking the reigns of their turmoil and finally stepping forward into making his own decision, this time to save Dean as well as the rest of world, and arguably the largest decision made. In this sense, Sam's redemption was earned and well forgiven. This in itself was also the climax of Dean finally realizing that Sam was grown up and wasn't just his little brother anymore, but a brother all-together and none-the-less.

After all this tho, Sam's schizo-torment seems a little forced and may possibly downgrade his previous redemption, but we have to see first.

Further, thinking of it this way, if Cas is to find a way to redeem himself in Dean's eyes, it could lead to him maybe becoming human, or possibly moreso.. dying permanently. Of course, that's it if works in a similar formula (and if he comes back).

@ OWD, I feel the use of Eve as a Big Bad, was moreso meant as a distraction to what was really going on, namely Cas' deal with Crowley to overthrow Raphael, at heart meant to be good intentions.

@ Topic, I feel another deeper reason that lead Dean to act the way he is lies in his feelings towards Cas' betrayal. See, Cas started to, in a way, follow Dean's lead in Season 5 as he slowly developed human emotions as humanity was all so new to him. But because he became so attached and close to the Winchester brothers, Cas only wanted to protect and keep them safe, as well as taking in Dean's view of "family and freedom" to heart.

Cas didn't tell them because he wanted to keep them safe and really believed he could pull it off, because he felt Raphael would only bring more torment to them as well as mankind itself if the Apocalypse was restarted, however, Cas was still new to bearing humanity. In this way, he is still a child in human terms of comprehending his emotions and understanding them completely (hence Dean's referral to him as a "child" in the 1st episode).

Overall, Cas made a devastating mistake in trying to create his own path to doing the right thing within his new humanity and I believe Dean knew this, which is part of what made him so angry. He was angry and hurt over this, but also because it made him feel as if he had been betrayed, feeling offended at Cas' lack of trust in going to them for help. It's a confusing mixture really.

I hope this all made sense xD, but this is how I see it.

EDIT: Whew, took me a while to write that O_o

~ Raz

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah I never hated season 6, but it definitely wasn't SPN's shining moment. And that better not be all that's left of Cas, Illyria. He's exploded his entire being before and came back but... I think this is a little bit different.

In my opinion, this season feels a lot more promising than the last.

I agree, last season seemed like they were grasping for plot straws and drawing things out way too long. While I'm upset about Cas atm, this season has already had two AWESOME episodes. I am really enjoying it.

And exploring Dean's relationship with Lisa was crap.

Aww. Everyone hates Lisa and Dean with Lisa... why? :c I love her and I love them together. T__T

and Bobby's house (the literal base of EVERYTHING)

I think I was actually most upset when this happened. It was like.. take away everything Dean loves episode. And Bobby's house was just the final straw for ALL of them. I couldn't believe that shite. D:

You know what annoys me? They keep leaving Sam ALONE. That's obviously not a good fucking idea... seriously. He might be seeing shit, but take him with you. It's better than letting him alone with uhh the Lucifer he sees in his mind. Seriously I face palmed so many times with them thinking Sam will be alright if they leave him alone. Uhh no! He even said so.

@ Mako, agreed, sacrificing himself to stop Lucifer was very noble and redeeming in my eyes as well and probably a high point of Sam's character development.

Also agree.

Sesc

Audiophile
Aww. Everyone hates Lisa and Dean with Lisa... why? :c I love her and I love them together. T__T

I admit their relationship was not entirely crap. Lisa's character did bring out the 'family man' side of Dean and gave a glimpse of him living under normal circumstances -- that was pretty interesting. However, in exploring their relationship, I honestly felt that it worsened the pacing of Season Six.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It definitely worsened the pace, I agree. And then of course she kinda turned into a bitch and eventually everyone just wanted to get her ass out of the damn show :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
My problem with her was that she came out of the blue. She had one weekend with Dean and Dean described her as "bendy". That was the extent of their interaction. So it was one giant wtf. Why would A) Dean show up on her doorstep and B) why the fuck should she accept him after years when they haven't even fucking said hi?

I call bullshit on the whole Lisa story. That was so poorly planned.

Lisa's character did bring out the 'family man' side of Dean
No, it didn't. Dean was always good with kids, way before Lisa. He practically raised Sam. It's one of those things you wouldn't expect from looking at him, but he's the caregiver in the family. It was pointed out again and again from season 1.

Last edited:

Sesc

Audiophile
My problem with her was that she came out of the blue. She had one weekend with Dean and Dean described her as "bendy". That was the extent of their interaction. So it was one giant wtf. Why would A) Dean show up on her doorstep and B) why the fuck should she accept him after years when they haven't even fucking said hi?

I call bullshit on the whole Lisa story. That was so poorly planned
From what I vaguely remember, they spent an episode or two building up a relationship between Dean and Lisa throughout Season Five. With Dean half-thinking that Ben was his kid, it wasn't all that farfetched -- but yeah, I agree that it was poorly done. For me, seeing Dean live a normal life for an episode of Season Six was probably the only thing worthy of note from Lisa's story.

No, it didn't. Dean was always good with kids, way before Lisa. He practically raised Sam. It's one of those things you wouldn't expect from looking at him, but he's the caregiver in the family. It was pointed out again and again from season 1.
Yeah, I agree with that. I was more-so saying that seeing Dean live a normal life (for an episode) was the only redeeming part of Dean and Lisa's relationship.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I have a lot of opinions about last season and this season and errything, but overall, all I have to say after the first two episodes of season 7 is: If Cas doesn't come back, I'm going to drive to Vancouver and burn all the writers on the ceiling.

tumblr_lsfbpqgX641qddsa6.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom